Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    Well I went and it was a very nice evening......TA says this year will be better than the last few......the hockey guy wants some ideas on how to improve the rink and put fans in the seats other than the obvious a better team......so we are off to another year.....Go Friars !!!!!
    Glad to read that you had a nice time. It was good of the school to put it on.

I'm afraid that season tickets for both basketball and hockey will be at an all time low this coming season but PC having their top two programs in such sorry states will do that.

Let's hope that the hockey program can at least leapfrog back into 8th place this season. I would consider that a successful season.

Comment

There are tee shirts and sweatshirts with the skating friar logo at:

www.hockeyeastonline.com

Comment

After a speech touching on the problems of the past year, telling us how all of the programs are coming together with pride and good conduct, the next thing I read about less than 48 hours later is another basketball player getting locked up and the AD saying it will be handled internally.....so much for his integrity and my desire to support this horrid Athletic Department.....I will not renew my season tickets

Comment

You dont have to go to support the administration, go to support the players.
          They have a good returning class, best goalie in league and some new recruits who might make it interesting. 12 Months ago everyone had Maine dead last, their fans were kicking them under the bus and a few wins later, the fans are happy again.

My prediction is they will make playoffs this year and be top 6 in 2011/2012

Comment

After a speech touching on the problems of the past year, telling us how all of the programs are coming together with pride and good conduct, the next thing I read about less than 48 hours later is another basketball player getting locked up and the AD saying it will be handled internally.....so much for his integrity and my desire to support this horrid Athletic Department.....I will not renew my season tickets
            This athletic program needs a total and complete cleansing. Any alumni of PC much less fans ought to be embarrassed by the conduct of the basketball team, the coaches, and the administration. I watched "the hockey guy" give an interview on Channel 10 about this most recent incident and it was a total joke; after a few seconds of him basically defending the player saying it was a "wrong place, wrong time" type of event, he starts spinning about how "far the program has come" since the spring assault. Can you at least give the incidents a chance to breathe before going into damage control? Doesn't look like the AD or the school has done much of anything in response to what happened.

II agree they are going to take a hit with tickets as far as hoops goes (hockey has been struggling for years obviously, it's tough to figure it could get worse). Personally I didn't go to the school and am finding more reasons every day not to be a fan simply based on the conduct of the administration much less the direction of where things are going. What they're doing in there...it's just ugly. Really is.
            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 07-23-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              12 Months ago everyone had Maine dead last, their fans were kicking them under the bus and a few wins later, the fans are happy again.
              And Maine has a coach with 199 wins and multiple Frozen Four appearances, making such a turnaround not that difficult to envision. On the other hand, PC has Tim Army, who has accomplished...
              Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 07-23-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                And Maine has a coach with 199 wins and multiple Frozen Four appearances, making such a turnaround not that difficult to envision. On the other hand, PC has Tim Army, who has accomplished...
                The only person on this board trashed close to PC's coach last year was proably Whitehead. Maine started out 4-7-1 and were getting slammed, after a few wins he became a genius.

All teams are 0-0-0 as of October 4, 2010

You gotta start somewhere.....

Comment

The only person on this board trashed close to PC's coach last year was proably Whitehead. Maine started out 4-7-1 and were getting slammed, after a few wins he became a genius.

All teams are 0-0-0 as of October 4, 2010

You gotta start somewhere.....

Ok which one of you morons flipped over his rock?
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

I wanted to post something profound. Instead all I can do is chuckle at the optimism of Hokydad and shake my head at the sadness for the state of this program.

Funny thing is, and HM said it, most of the fans of this team did not attend the school. Since so few who actually attended the school support the team and the school has alienated their most faithful season ticket holding fans, the team will, sadly, only be playing in front of the parents before too long.

I do wish this team well. I really do hope I get to see them in St. Paul.

I never thought I would do it, but I have purchased season tickets for another college hockey team that works hard at attracting and maintaining a fan base. What a breath of fresh air.

Comment

I have been looking into URIs club program......I agree with Hokydads, its the kids thought, but if I did get my tix its the administration who gets the credit.......Driscoll had just told all of us at Waterplace Restaurant the athletes were told they were not to be found downtown late or at the bars and BINGO guess where the b-ball guy was at 2 am and the wrong place at the wrong time defense starts.....where is the Alumni, why are they not screaming, do they not care ?

Comment

I have been looking into URIs club program......I agree with Hokydads, its the kids thought, but if I did get my tix its the administration who gets the credit.......Driscoll had just told all of us at Waterplace Restaurant the athletes were told they were not to be found downtown late or at the bars and BINGO guess where the b-ball guy was at 2 am and the wrong place at the wrong time defense starts.....where is the Alumni, why are they not screaming, do they not care ?
                        The difference is as follows, in my opinion.

The Bball team has brought in some punks to try and keep up with the other teams in the win/loss columns and win where the hockey team has not. I would doubt these kids were alter boys before they arrived on campus. All of the off field stuff I have read has 100% been associated with the Bball team and not hockey. The hockey kids from all accounts, seem to be quality kids.

The issues to date are sickening and of criminal nature. All have been dealt with and hope to be the past. The most recent issue was by all accounts, minimal and will be handled internally. In regards to going downtown, I would guess that means during the season and not the summer.

I am guessing the hockey teams worst is behind them and they are moving in the right diection. Couldn't say the same for Bball.

Comment

12 Months ago everyone had Maine dead last, their fans were kicking them under the bus and a few wins later, the fans are happy again.
                          woah there... nobody's happy yet, optomistic is a better word. and certainly nobody is declaring timmay a genius.

as for PC, i wish the best for you guys. that program belongs in the playoffs and i hope it finds its way back there soon.
                          It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                          But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

1. Which basketball player got in trouble now??
                            2. I'm not a fan of those new jerseys. At all. I really like the skating friar ones and I hope they don't change the design.
                            3. The hockey players are good people, and I feel really bad that nobody goes to the games or supports them. They all can't stand their coach and I really wish someone in the athletic department would listen to them.

Should be an interesting season.
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

They all can't stand their coach and I really wish someone in the athletic department would listen to them.
                              This is the truth -- but this has also been going on for years. I know the seniors who left a few years ago had a meeting with the "hockey guy" telling them their displeasure with how Army functions and treats his players, so I'm guessing it's all falling on deaf ears down there.

Even if the team shows some level of progress this year, and by that I mean 8th place or thereabouts, it's almost impossible to envision a turnaround of any sizable measure ever happening with a coach who, in 5 seasons, has been nothing short of a disaster. In fact the worst thing in the big picture for PC is if they reward Army with miniscule improvement and give him another extension. They did it with Pooley, when it was undeserved (though it was at least coming off a year when they won 20 games), and they did it again with Army a few years ago, when it was even more unwarranted and undeserved.

The way the hockey program has been run into the ground is a train wreck which any PC fan ought to be ashamed of. Granted at least the players are "good kids" and aren't beating up other parts of the student body, but that ought to be a given for any institution.
                              Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 07-24-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

All have been dealt with and hope to be the past.
                                Not with the thugs who assaulted the senior. There will be a trial there and it will all come up again, reinforcing in greater detail the character of these so-called "student athletes" and more questions of why PC brought these individuals into their campus to begin with.
                                Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 07-24-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X