Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    No, it's not trolling until you call the regular posters names because soemone doesn't agree with you.

It was just one person's opinion and we respect that around here.
    (An opinion, by the way, that may be spot on because Beaudry can't do it all).
    PC91 is a beetle browed, adle pated jackanapes!

There. Now we have some trolling. I don't know what's sadder; how dead our fan base is or how we're not looking forward to next season at all. Go Pirates!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

PC91 = Tyler.

Comment

May 13, 2010

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College Hockey Coach Tim Army announced on Thursday, May 13 that student-athletes Mark Adams (Boxford, Mass.), Derek Army (North Kingstown, R.I.), Damian Cross (Nepean, Ont.), Jamie Ferullo (Rochester, N.H.) and Kevin Hart (Cumberland, Maine) each have committed to attend PC beginning in September 2010.

Adams, a 6-foot-3, 210-pound defenseman, was selected by the Buffalo Sabres in the fifth round (134th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He played three seasons at Malden Catholic High School before spending one season with the Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League. While with Chicago, Adams played in 53 games and recorded four goals and 10 assists for 14 points during the 2009-10 season.

Army, the son of Friar head coach Tim Army, is a 5-foot-11, 170-pound center who played at the Gunnery School of the New England Prep School Ice Hockey Association during the 2009-10 season. He led the team with 23 goals and finished with 45 points in 32 games. For his efforts, he earned All-NEPSAC West Rookie Team honors. Prior to the Gunnery, Army played at Moses Brown School where he was a team captain in 2008-09 and earned Rhode Island All-State First Team honors. He also has taken part in the USA Hockey National 14, 16 and 17 Festivals.

Cross, a 5-foot-11, 185-pound right wing, played for the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the Central Junior Hockey League. As an assistant captain in 2009-10, Cross led the CJHL in scoring during the regular season and postseason. He played in 62 games and recorded 53 goals, 87 assists for 140 points. He was named Most Outstanding Player in the CJHL and was one of six finalists for the RBC Canadian Junior Hockey Player of the Year.

Ferullo is a 5-foot-9, 170-pound right wing who played for the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs of Eastern Junior Hockey League. He was two-year assistant captain, who helped lead the Monarchs to the regular season and post-season titles. Ferullo also was selected to play in the EJHL All-Star game last season. Prior to the Monarchs, he attended Spaulding High School. He has taken part in the USA Hockey National 14, 15, 16 and 17

Hart, a 6-foot-1, 195-pound defenseman, played at Phillips Exeter Academy of the NEPSIHA. Last season, he was the leading scoring defenseman with one goal and 10 assists for 11 points and was named to the NEPSHC All-Conference Team. Prior to Phillips Exeter, Hart was a two-time All-State player at Greely High School. In addition, he was named Class B Player of the Year in 2008-09.

Comment

kinda off topic but after not tweeting since feb. tim army is now updating his twitter like a madman...i wonder why he was so silent during march
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Thanks for posting the info Mike.

I'm seeing only one real goal scorer (Cross) in the bunch and scoring timely goals in the Friars biggest area of weakness. Hope Cross stays healthy.

Any thoughts?

Comment

More trouble on Huxley Avenue. PC scoring star Greedy Peterson kicked off team.

Things are not well in the PC athletic department.

Comment

noooo not at all.

basketball games are going to be painful to watch next year.
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Fire Hockey Guy!
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

PC 91..send me an email...mwlsports@yahoo.com.

Comment

Now PC will do as all large entities do OVERACT and make the whole college experience so bad no one will want to come here

Comment

I liked the quote in the projo where Fr. Shanley says he thinks you can evaluate a coach after 6 years. Sounds like its time!
                        Providence College
                        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

I do like Jim Donaldson's writing. I recommend this piece: Jim Donaldson: PC’s player problems come down to Davis. Be sure to read the comments from readers as well.

The basketball problems (performance and behavior) and the hockey problems (performance) are indicative of a program in big time trouble.

One reader posted "That's what happens when you are a small-time school that lives somewhere between the past and the delusional reality of the present." That, I think, is the sad story of PC sports.

Comment

Friars pick up a commitment for the 2011-12 season. Shane Luke is LW playing in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League (MJHL) for the Dauphin Kings. He was their leading scoring last year.

http://www.mjhlhockey.ca/playerprofi...player_id=4390

Comment

Good, its nice to see they are adding some older talent. He will be 21+ when he shows up. That is what PC needs to get going again. It is to tough a league to try and ride 18 year olds

Comment

I like the short handed goals shows he has one thing lacking here, speed....but why has he picked PC and not any of the other big schools. did they offer him anything

Comment

Working...
                                X