Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    If he takes Army and Driscoll, I'll throw in Davis as well. (man, I'm harsh!)
    That's not harsh, Jon, that's cleaning house!

Comment

Maybe we can sweeten the pot by adding a miserable rink manager as well

Comment

At this point I would add in anything that NJ wants!

Comment

greetings from friartown....tim army wasn't at the all-sports gala (neither were the assistant coaches) and sharaud curry didn't thank keno davis (who also wasn't there) when he won an award. interesting.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I am pretty certain Lou washed his hands of Friar hockey quite a while ago. The only people left here that he knows are the people he didn't want to take with him.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              greetings from friartown....tim army wasn't at the all-sports gala (neither were the assistant coaches) and sharaud curry didn't thank keno davis (who also wasn't there) when he won an award. interesting.
              Maybe there will a spring cleaning in the hockey department. Ought to be one fun hockey banquet if they have one, especially after last year.

Comment

i think they already had one...
                http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...040810aab.html
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                  That's not harsh, Jon, that's cleaning house!
                  He's only been here for two years. I mean, they aren't going to the Final Four next year, but Keano at least should have a chance to redeem himself. But I'm in a such a foul mood, maybe not.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Thanks. Goes to show how little interest there is when even the die-hards here who used to go, no longer do.

Comment

I can't help but find it ironic that the banquet was held on the night of the Frozen Four semi-final.

I find it even more of a statement that the 2010-11 schedule is posted on Friars.com and no one here has commented yet. The team opens October 8 at home against Northeastern.

Apathy is a very dangerous thing for a sports program.

Non-league games include Minnesota-Duluth (2-Away), Alabama-Huntsville (2-Away), Holy Cross (Away), Brown (Away), Quinnipiac (Home), New Brunswick, Canada (2-Away), USNTDP (Home).

I count only 15 home games this year. I might go to a couple.
                      Last edited by The Freds; 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Wow, certainly a powerful out of conference schedule there, lol.

But when you're a last place program, that's no surprise...in fact, the schedule started to be watered down years ago before they even got to the cellar!

I can help but find it ironic that the banquet was held on the night of the Frozen Four semi-final.
                        Unbelievable. Scratch that -- completely believable.

Comment

I guess PC wouldn't spring for Timmy to go to the Frozen 4 like most D1 coaches, I'm sure the hockey guy went

Comment

I didn't see him, but would think the HG was there. The HG is on the NCAA hockey committee. That is one of the reasons I am surprised the banquet was that night. In addition, as #1 noted, PC was one of only two D-1 schools not to have its jersey in the display of jerseys at the FF.

How do you say "irrelevant program?"

Comment

why wasn't PC's jersey on display? was that ever explained?

Comment

why wasn't PC's jersey on display? was that ever explained?
                                HG was in charge of getting it there.

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                                I didn't see him, but would think the HG was there. The HG is on the NCAA hockey committee. That is one of the reasons I am surprised the banquet was that night. In addition, as #1 noted, PC was one of only two D-1 schools not to have its jersey in the display of jerseys at the FF.

How do you say "irrelevant program?"
                                I am sure they planned it so he wasn't there.
                                Providence College
                                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Working...
                                X