Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

I heard some of Davis and Driscoll's comments on the news. Driscoll's "I'm going to use this as a teaching moment" was just symbolic of the total clueless direction of PC athletics. Davis...I know the guy hasn't been here long, but he comes off as spectacularly clueless as well. Does he really think that these guys were indicative of "representing the best student-athletes" he could find -- and "weren't just here to play basketball"? Really?!? Apparently they were there to assault other students instead, I guess.

It's time for someone to just clean house down there. And thoughts and prayers for this kid who was assaulted, for what sounds like no other reason than walking down the street.
    Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-12-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Obviously this is a black eye for the school, and I think that Still should be expelled (easy to say when he avg. 1pt per game) To say this is Keno's fault and the amount of freshman leaving looks bad really isn't the whole story. To group him in with Army is insane. I'm not a college basketball expert, but recruiting in college bball is alot easier to follow then in hockey. The few players that are leaving the team were from what I understand given limited playing time to perhaps slowly work them out of the system in the expectation of transfering. It was a big freshman class this year and opening up scholarships seemed to be a priority. Not to mention Keno has signed 2 top 100's for next year, and 1 top 60 for the following. Also, you have to take into consideration that they (like the hockey team) are in the lower tier of their conference. In order to get the talent they need, sometimes they have to take chances with kids that don't have particularly stellar backgrounds. The situation still comes at a terrible time, it really seemed like the team was on the upswing with Keno at the helm. I found more enjoyment watching the them than the hockey team this year because they were fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
        Obviously this is a black eye for the school, and I think that Still should be expelled (easy to say when he avg. 1pt per game) To say this is Keno's fault and the amount of freshman leaving looks bad really isn't the whole story. To group him in with Army is insane. I'm not a college basketball expert, but recruiting in college bball is alot easier to follow then in hockey. The few players that are leaving the team were from what I understand given limited playing time to perhaps slowly work them out of the system in the expectation of transfering. It was a big freshman class this year and opening up scholarships seemed to be a priority. Not to mention Keno has signed 2 top 100's for next year, and 1 top 60 for the following. Also, you have to take into consideration that they (like the hockey team) are in the lower tier of their conference. In order to get the talent they need, sometimes they have to take chances with kids that don't have particularly stellar backgrounds. The situation still comes at a terrible time, it really seemed like the team was on the upswing with Keno at the helm. I found more enjoyment watching the them than the hockey team this year because they were fun to watch.
        He recruited them and than spends the year tyrying to weed them off the etam?

Who is at fault? The lady in the cafateria?

Comment

The hockey team might take a chance on a kid who has not fully developed on the ice but does not take chances on kids who "don't have particularly stellar backgrounds"
          That should not even be an option at a school like PC.
          the kids taht left the hockey team went to Notre Dame or UNO, not jail with their hands in their pockets

Comment

I am shocked that I agree with Hockeydad......this is most definitely Kenos baby and he should be accountable for both of them as should the AD Driscoll because if he did not know of their ways before they arrived he should have known by now

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
              I am shocked that I agree with Hockeydad......this is most definitely Kenos baby and he should be accountable for both of them as should the AD Driscoll because if he did not know of their ways before they arrived he should have known by now
              ELE

If anyone sees a Possum, kill it. It is not a pet....

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Yes.
                We live in a terrifying world...

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                ELE

If anyone sees a Possum, kill it. It is not a pet....
                I have a feeling I'm actually going to agree with this statement when I find out what you're talking about.

It's incomprehensible that Davis wouldn't be at least partially at fault in this...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Both Driscoll and Davis share blame here.

I still can't get over Driscoll's "I'm going to use this as a teaching moment" line. This guy should be fired. Seriously. He has no clue.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jon;4748360]Yes.
                    We live in a terrifying world...

I have a feeling I'm actually going to agree with this statement when I find out what you're talking about. (QUOTE)_

Will Ferrels lockerroom comment from Semi Pro. almost as off the wall as the "teaching" comment

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                      Both Driscoll and Davis share blame here.

I still can't get over Driscoll's "I'm going to use this as a teaching moment" line. This guy should be fired. Seriously. He has no clue.
                      he should be using this as a "I'm going to expel your ***es" moment.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Actual exchange from Keno Davis on WPRO with Dan Yorke this morning:

Yorke: "Do you know the kid's name who was assaulted"

Davis: "yes"

Yorke: "What is it?"

Davis: [Long Pause]"....I don't know"

He's going to have a difficult time recovering from that one...

I do give Davis credit for going on but he doesn't seem to be overly bright, and is clearly being advised by those in the athletic department (surprise!) even more clueless than he is. As Yorke says, and we did a few days ago, the "bubble" that seems to surround anyone associated with this situation is shocking, and appalling for a Catholic institution whose first motivation should be outrage over this act. Certainly there shouldn't have been ANY talk about what the assault meant to the team or the school -- i.e. Driscoll's "teaching moment" line....so inappropriate at the time that it's just jaw-dropping.

The school seems to be hiding behind "there are legal ramifications if we talk about the assault party" type of lines. The school's PR guy advised Davis NOT to visit the kid too out of fears that he would be "grandstanding" (this also was on Yorke's show) -- just seems to be one bad, unreal decision after another by these people.

You can download the whole interview at 630wpro.com later today. Anyone with a slight interest in this situation should hear it for themselves.
                        Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-14-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Here is the interview HM talks about at www.630wpro.com.

Talk about making a bad situation worse. PC needs new lawyers in addtion to a new athletic coaches and administration. You gotta love the compassion shown to this kid.

I wish a speedy recovery to Yerkin Abdrakhmanov. According to Channel 12 news he was released from the hospital today.

Comment

Talk about making a bad situation worse. PC needs new lawyers in addtion to a new athletic coaches and administration. You gotta love the compassion shown to this kid.
                            Arthur Parks, PC's SID, accompanied Davis to the interview because, after the first commercial break, Yorke said that Parks had told him Davis couldn't mention the kid by name legally. As Yorke mentioned, that's not why Davis couldn't name him at the time however, which Davis at least owned up to.

Freds you got it completely right. The administration and these coaches need to go. Davis shouldn't have to apologize for what he said the other day -- if he had any common sense, he would've gotten it right the first time. Everyone down there seems to be more interested in their own self-preservation than anything else. Time to clean house...
                            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-14-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Are people really calling to clean house for this coaching staff and administration? Obviously they are handling this situation in the worst possible way and I agree that driscoll and the higher ups have keno on a tight leash, but clean house?? Maybe we are forgetting who beat up this inocent student. Keno and Driscoll weren't standing by like we assume Duke Mondy was. Keno does deserve part of the blame and I've read elsewhere that discipline had been lacking on and off the court all season. Getting rid of keno after his first incident is a little over the top. Getting rid of Driscoll would be well deserved. Getting rid of Lacy and Still immediately is a necessity. I read somewhere that in the 70's Lou had a list of off campus bars that were off limits to the hockey team, maybe he had the right idea. From what I remeber it was always a little strange seeing bball players at a place like brads. They're still students who have a social life but....

Comment

First the term "student" is not the right word for either of these two and second it was Keno's job to be sure the players he brings to the school have some moral discipline and are responsible individuals, he absolutely failed to do that and after a full season Driscoll should have known what they were and already tossed them out of the college. So both the coach and the AD should resign or be sent packing with the two "students".

Comment

Working...
                                X