Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Hi PC fans. Not intending to disrupt your thread (more than I have in the past few months); I know it's early, and the day after the F4, but I come requesting help.

This afternoon, I will be participating in The 24 Bowl to benefit the Travis Roy Foundation, and I'm still not quite at my goal of $500. Any small amount will help, so, if you see this message this morning, and you would like to chip in a few dollars, it would be greatly appreciated.

Donations should be in by 1:00 pm (event starts at 2:00). Thanks!

Click here to donate

And yes, I will be bowling on a team named UNH. So, you have a chance to help UNH do something great in April, and you can feel good about it!

PC91 - if you're not going to donate money, I'd prefer if you didn't throw your moral support behind us. Bad things happen when you do that.

(For those who don't know, Travis Roy played for BU in 1995. He went into the boards awkwardly in his first shift, suffering a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down. His foundation raises money and awareness for research and treatments for others who have suffered similar injuries. The 24 Bowl is a charity bowl-a-thon (he was #24).)
    Last edited by thecomicbookguy; 04-11-2010, 08:09 AM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post

PC91 - if you're not going to donate money, I'd prefer if you didn't throw your moral support behind us. Bad things happen when you do that.

(For those who don't know, Travis Roy played for BU in 1995. He went into the boards awkwardly in his first shift, suffering a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down. His foundation raises money and awareness for research and treatments for others who have suffered similar injuries. The 24 Bowl is a charity bowl-a-thon (he was #24).)
      This time I have put my money where my considerably big mouth is therefore you have will now be going into battle with BOTH my money and moral support. I trust that the results will be VERY different now.

Great cause CBG!!! I'm glad that you and your friends are taking the time to do something to help. Wishing you all the best!!!

Now I want you and your team to grab your balls and shoes and strike (literally) a blow for a great cause.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
        The kiss hits again........is Hockey East the strongest division in college hockey or what..........another National Title
        I guess I still am not convinced anymore that HE is the strongest top-to-bottom conference, but BC certainly was the best team when it mattered. Goes to show, as most of us say repeatedly, it's how you play down the stretch that counts. Once York's teams get on a roll they are tough to beat. I think they said in the last 13 games of the year BC trailed for a grand total of 55 seconds. A phenomenal run, 3 titles in 9 years, another for HE too.

I remember back in January when BC lost 3 of 5, Hokydad said their season was a big disappointment and told us how bad that loss at Fenway Park was. He even laughed off suggestions that BC would get it together and click -- as they have so many times in the past. As I said at the time, it's not what happens in January that matters -- it's February and March that lays the groundwork for April. I wonder how much BC cares that they lost the game at Fenway now.
        Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-11-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
          This time I have put my money where my considerably big mouth is therefore you have will now be going into battle with BOTH my money and moral support. I trust that the results will be VERY different now.

Great cause CBG!!! I'm glad that you and your friends are taking the time to do something to help. Wishing you all the best!!!

Now I want you and your team to grab your balls and shoes and strike (literally) a blow for a great cause.
          Thank you so much! We will do our best.

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
          I think they said in the last 13 games of the year BC trailed for a grand total of 55 seconds.
          And, if I'm not mistaken, that was in the final regular season game (UNH took the lead at 19:01 in the 2nd, BC tied it at 19:56), which means they never trailed at any point in the postseason. That's pretty amazing.
          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
          -Fred Shero

Comment

....il. I wonder how much BC cares that they lost the game at Fenway now.

They are HEARTBROKEN!
            Providence College
            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Hockeydad probably talked to Jerry at dinner after the Fenway Flop and told him how to handle it......and it worked......what else could have caused the turn around ???

Comment

I remember back in January when BC lost 3 of 5, Hokydad said their season was a big disappointment and told us how bad that loss at Fenway Park was. He even laughed off suggestions that BC would get it together and click -- as they have so many times in the past. As I said at the time, it's not what happens in January that matters -- it's February and March that lays the groundwork for April. I wonder how much BC cares that they lost the game at Fenway now.
                what Fenway game? i was there and in my opinion in the middle of the second period of that game is where it started to click.......obviously a subjective opinion but having seen 22 games this year (20-2 ) that's where i saw it start to come together......sorry to post this on PC's thread, btw
                Last edited by sterlippo1; 04-11-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  what Fenway game? sorry to post this on PC's thread, btw
                  Not a problem. We are pretty open around here to a number of different topics. At least your post was hockey related!!!

Also, I for one will claim anyone willing to claim us.... except if it's Murray.

Great job by your team!!!! Congratulations again on a great season.

We knew your boys would get it together. Maybe we can borrow Coach York for an afternoon so our boys can see what a real head coach is like?

Comment

Not a problem. We are pretty open around here to a number of different topics. At least your post was hockey related!!!

Also, I for one will claim anyone willing to claim us.... except if it's Murray.

Great job by your team!!!! Congratulations again on a great season.

We knew your boys would get it together. Maybe we can borrow Coach York for an afternoon so our boys can see what a real head coach is like?
                    and a belated "welcome back" to you and your newly found freedom

Comment

Hockey East is now 3-0 in National Championship games during PC's downward spiral. I'm surprised the league doesn't have a hand in Army's contract extension...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Bite me.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

From the land of the utterly reprehensible...

A District Court judge on Monday denounced two Providence College basketball players as "risks to the public" and ordered them held in $10,000 bail after they allegedly picked another PC student at random and beat him up earlier that morning.

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/04/tw...yers-char.html

What a horrid, awful year for PC athletics. I wonder of the Driscoll/Davis/Army trio how long each one of them has left here...I know Davis is only through 2 years but his freshman recruiting class is nearly as bad as Army's in terms of departures. And at least the hockey players didn't beat up PC seniors just walking down the street.

That story is so disgusting, it again makes you wonder what the HELL they are doing in there...
                          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-12-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

From the land of the utterly reprehensible...

A District Court judge on Monday denounced two Providence College basketball players as "risks to the public" and ordered them held in $10,000 bail after they allegedly picked another PC student at random and beat him up earlier that morning.

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/04/tw...yers-char.html

What a horrid, awful year for PC athletics. I wonder of the Driscoll/Davis/Army trio how long each one of them has left here...I know Davis is only through 2 years but his freshman recruiting class is nearly as bad as Army's in terms of departures. And at least the hockey players didn't beat up PC seniors just walking down the street.

That story is so disgusting, it again makes you wonder what the HELL they are doing in there...
                            If you're going to emulate a PC basketball legend, try not to take after Marvin Barnes.

There is no control at that school. Whatsoever.
                            Last edited by Jon; 04-12-2010, 04:04 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

james and johnnie are bad bad badddd news and no way represent the basketball program. most of the players are nice guys who would never do anything like what johnnie and james did. out of all of the freshmen players they are by FAR the cockiest and most full of themselves. they have this bizarre superiority complex because they play basketball. johnnie caused controversy earlier this year when he put "can't wait to get the f#*$ out of this place" as his status on facebook...he's essentially a brat and should not be at PC. most of the student body is absolutely horrified by their actions. this is definitely not okay.
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I am sure they did not just become baaaad.....this is what Keno recruited and both Davis and Driscoll should pay for the embarasment that the win, win crap has brought to the College......this is not Marvin saying on national TV "Ernie do what he do cause he do" and as a Senior the Alumni raised the roof and stopped the recruits who could not spell their own name.....time for the alumni to speak again

Comment

Working...
                                X