Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

So I’m here at the frozen four and I’m thrilled that my adopted team, the Badgers, defeated RIT. My seats are fantastic and the Ford Field environment isn’t as horrible as I expected.

I do have Friars news to share that some might find interesting and frustrating.

Interesting: Ran into Pooley at the game, he was giving me a hard time about not having Friar Gear on (obviously I was wearing Badger gear).

Frustrating: As you walked into the arena there was a section that had team jerseys hanging from a tall overhang. Many schools from around the country had their jerseys hanging there. Merrimack, AIC, HolyCross and so on. Unfortunately, the school with the most awesome hockey logo was not present. I’m not sure how to explain it, but I was seriously disappointed that our jersey was not hanging on that wall.

p.s. Welcome back PC91
    Let's GO FRIARS!!
    Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Friars Fan View Post
      Frustrating: As you walked into the arena there was a section that had team jerseys hanging from a tall overhang. Many schools from around the country had their jerseys hanging there. Merrimack, AIC, HolyCross and so on. Unfortunately, the school with the most awesome hockey logo was not present. I’m not sure how to explain it, but I was seriously disappointed that our jersey was not hanging on that wall.
      I was going to make a joke about this, but I honestly couldn't come up with anything. The angular skating friar owns.

Was there a Sioux jersey? If so, look for it again on Saturday. I kinda wish UND had made the F4 now, just to see what the NCAA would have done with the logos on the boards (a nice touch this year, I must say).
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

I think they had the Jerseys of the 56 teams that qualified for tournament time. The other two were not invited.

Comment

Word is former PC commit Brice O'Connor has committed to Maine.

Hokydad unavailable for comment, to either fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            Word is former PC commit Brice O'Connor has committed to Maine.

Hokydad unavailable for comment, to either fan base.
            To bad he left. If he was that big a part of their plan I am sure they would have found more money thru aid or whatever. If a player gives his word based upon an offer, he should stick to it. Winning an award in the EJ does not warrant renegotiating. Good luck to him

Comment

Maybe he found out the light at the end of the PC tunnel was the incoming train and he was laying on the track as a sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Maybe he found out the light at the end of the PC tunnel was the incoming train and he was laying on the track as a sacrifice
                Mighty narrow shoulders if that is the case..... In fairness, PC is a very expensive school as noted here earlier and it would be a tough pill to swallow. If it could help his family out by getting more somewhere else and PC couldnt match, its hard to judge someone. 53K+/- is a ton of cash in todays world

Comment

And you have to agree that playing in Maine will be more enjoyable than playing at PC under the current atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    And you have to agree that playing in Maine will be more enjoyable than playing at PC under the current atmosphere
                    If you looked at it as a snapshot, i.e. end of the season. Fans were not to happy around mid season and were trying to throw the coach and team out with the bathwater. They sure did turn it around and there is no reason why PC can't do the exact same thing.

Nice recruits coming in next season. They need scorers and Cross and Ferullo fill that void. Might take a while to adjust but Cross being 21 leads you to believe he will be fine and same with the kid from Monarchs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      If you looked at it as a snapshot, i.e. end of the season. Fans were not to happy around mid season and were trying to throw the coach and team out with the bathwater. They sure did turn it around and there is no reason why PC can't do the exact same thing.
                      Sure why not, PC also has a coach who has been to 4 Frozen Fours and 2 national title games. Ought to be easy for him to turn it around since he's done it before. Oh wait, that's a different program and situation not comparable to this one....

BTW when you say "turn it around," they did to a degree. Finishing a couple of games over .500 and no NCAA's isn't exactly a cause for celebration -- it would be at PC however, at this point
                      Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 04-09-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        To bad he left. If he was that big a part of their plan I am sure they would have found more money thru aid or whatever. If a player gives his word based upon an offer, he should stick to it. Winning an award in the EJ does not warrant renegotiating. Good luck to him
                        In a system where student athletes are on one year scholarship contracts and have limited transfer rights, I won't begrudge any student-athlete from reneging on a verbal commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          In a system where student athletes are on one year scholarship contracts and have limited transfer rights, I won't begrudge any student-athlete from reneging on a verbal commitment.
                          true

Comment

I saw on the front page of USCHO that Kid Rock won the Hobey!!!!

Congratulations Kid!!!! Artistic and athletic, talk about well rounded.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              I saw on the front page of USCHO that Kid Rock won the Hobey!!!!

Congratulations Kid!!!! Artistic and athletic, talk about well rounded.
                              Absolutely -- and very often the kiss of death as well for following up that honor with a national title.

Comment

The kiss hits again........is Hockey East the strongest division in college hockey or what..........another National Title

Comment

Working...
                                X