Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 Video Clearinghouse - Hockey Night in (insert name here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Video Clearinghouse - Hockey Night in (insert name here)

Discussions of online video coverage is creeping into a number of posts across the board - seems to be a hot topic worthy of it's own thread...so here's your chance to brag about your online favorites, post reviews, ask technical questions, discuss equipment options and swap war stories.......

Have at it!
    Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: D3 Video Clearinghouse - Hockey Night in (insert name here)

Oswego hands down, not even close...
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Oswego hands down, not even close...
      Have you watched Norwich's? The coverage of the women's games has been first rate, and I assume the men's game coverage is of similar or better quality.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Section 6

The Form -
        Advertisements featuring active professional athletes from the sport for which an NCAA broadcast is being produced shall be prohibited.
        Last edited by norm1909; 03-11-2010, 06:39 PM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Have you watched Norwich's? The coverage of the women's games has been first rate, and I assume the men's game coverage is of similar or better quality.
          Yes several times. The camera angles, replays, and intermission reports are far above. George may get the nod as far as broadcasting goes, but you are debating college kids to George...overall Oswego is leaps and bounds above everyone. Norwich is probably #2 don't get me wrong.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I'd probably say my top 5 were (in this order):

1. Oswego
            2. Norwich
            3. Gustavus
            4. St. Norbert
            5. Stout
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

When can we expect Plattsburgh to do something
              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                Never, they are too money hungry...
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Yes several times. The camera angles, replays, and intermission reports are far above. George may get the nod as far as broadcasting goes, but you are debating college kids to George...overall Oswego is leaps and bounds above everyone. Norwich is probably #2 don't get me wrong.
                  Having seen Norwich's broadcasts all season, i was very impressed with the GAC broadcast of the MIAC championship game last week. George is still my favorite commentator, but the video quality was better, imho.

I'll have to throw oswego's feed up saturday while i'm watching.

r

Comment

Since we're on the subject, all four quarterfinals are going to be available and free.

Plattsburgh @ Middlebury - http://www.gomidd.tv/login.php (Those used to fa$thockey may notice a slight similarity)

Elmira @ Norwich - http://nsnsports.net/members/video/live/?v=stream2

Bowdoin @ Oswego - http://www.oswego.edu/athletics/live/ (run by WTOP)

Gustavus Adolphus @ St. Norbert - http://www.audiosportsonline.net/StN...2009Hockey.htm (it says "listen" for this weekend's game, but I have to imagine it would be video. They were probably just preparing to find out they got screwed and GAC was actually the #1 seed, and they'll be on the road )
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                      Don't hold your breath.

I brought this up to the powers that be after last season. I was given a list of the following excuses.

1. Lack of money (Despite the fact that they have been offered to have everything done for free by a certain internet provider who happens to stream the Primelink Shootout online as well)

2. Lack of people able to run it (I solved this problem for them)

3. Lack of equipment (See response to excuse #1)

4. Lack of bandwidth (A. See response to excuse #1, and B. Even if they had to use their own server, they seem to have no problem wasting bandwidth by streaming live video of the Angell College Center lobby

I also listed the countless advantages it would have to both the program (recruiting), the athletic department, and the school as a whole.

I did notice that Primelink did stream the Potsdam game at the Stafford this year, and attempted to stream the Oswego game but it crashed before the game started. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, but with the responses I got from those who make the decisions, don't count on PSU emerging from the stone age anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

I'll have to throw oswego's feed up saturday while i'm watching.

r
                        Oswego's webcast is produced by WTOP, the student run, student funded television station on campus. With spring break starting tomorrow (Friday), the staff was polled to determine which talent and crew positions could be covered. The show this week will be scaled back - fewer cameras and shorter pre/post game show - compared to the SUNYAC Championship that was seen on the web and across central New York on Time Warner Cable last week.

Hockey Night in Oswego, less filling, but still tastes great!
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post

Hockey Night in Oswego, less filling, but still tastes great!
                          Hockey Night in Oswego LITE
                          If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            As far as quality of video (and this includes buffering and choppiness as well as sharpness and clarity especially when expanded to full screen), which to me is the most important rating factor when it comes to Internet videocasts, Oswego is tops. No one else comes close.

I saw Norwich's in their tournament when they played Potsdam. It had some problems, but pretty decent nonetheless.

When I saw Gustavus last week in the MIAC championship game, it immediately jumped into second place. I was very impressed.

Watched St. Norbert's last night in the third period. A bunch of issues there, but I was able to watch the period for the most part.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

And of course, if all else fails (or you want to hear the familiar radio crew), WNYO will have coverage as always.
                              WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X