Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal: Elmira @ Norwich Saturday 3/13

Discuss..

I can't remember the last time Elmira beat Norwich...it's been awhile.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Elmira @ Norwich Saturday 3/13

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Discuss..

I can't remember the last time Elmira beat Norwich...it's been awhile.
    ...and I don't think that it will be happening again anytime soon!
    from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Elmira is 1 - 2 lifetime against Norwich, the last victory (5-4) coming in 1976 when the Cadets were part of the, you guessed it, ECAC/West

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
        Elmira is 1 - 2 lifetime against Norwich, the last victory (5-4) coming in 1976 when the Cadets were part of the, you guessed it, ECAC/West
        We got pounded like 7-1 in the first round of the Times Argus a few years ago I remember.

elbo, headed up?
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Elmira @ Norwich Saturday 3/13

We got pounded like 7-1 in the first round of the Times Argus a few years ago I remember.

elbo, headed up?
          1-7 was the 03/04 T/A tourney. In 04/05 I made the trip during which EC lost in OT 3-4. Lake Fornax was the Western participant.

My wife's birthday is this weekend. Hmmmm .... completely destroy my marriage, and forego $** for the next two years, or attend a musical and smile alot? Unfortunately ... no trip for me :=[ (Darn compromises)

Comment

what times is this game? 3 or 7?

Comment

The doors and ticket sales open at 6 and the game starts at 7.
              GO WICK

Comment

Originally posted by livewire View Post
                The doors and ticket sales open at 6 and the game starts at 7.
                Will this game sell out? and are tickets available ahead of time?

Comment

standing room tickets are on sale on line, some seats may be available at the ticket booth, depending on how many Elmira fans make the trip. Our students are on break so we should be fine. I would get there early and get in line.

the game will be video streamed live by NSN at no charge compliments of Norwich University.

http://www.nsnsports.net/norwich
                  Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Elmira's win over Oswego and tie with Plattsburgh are very impressive. I consider these teams in the top 4 or 5 in the east. It is a long season and they did stumble a little toward the end but there overall record is very impressive. Darcy Vallencort, Rusty Masters, and Kevin Willer all have excellent stats. Norwich may be a slight favorite for the game but in these one game series anything can happen. I am also concerned how Elmira blitzed Curry in the first period of play last night. Elmira will be a very difficult game for Norwich.

Of all the quarterfinal games I thought Norwich has the toughest game after Plattsburgh/Middlebury which is a toss up in my book. I haven't seen Elmira play having only read what others have observed. The only thing I will predict is there will be a whole lot more people at this game then at the Curry game. If Elmira is anthing like the ECAC East teams the large crowd will get them more up for the game.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Any Elmira Supports going, ENJOY!! Good Luck EC!! Michigan delacation will be cheering you on.
                      GO EC!! Make us old parents proud!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        Elmira's win over Oswego and tie with Plattsburgh are very impressive. I consider these teams in the top 4 or 5 in the east. It is a long season and they did stumble a little toward the end but there overall record is very impressive. Darcy Vallencort, Rusty Masters, and Kevin Willer all have excellent stats. Norwich may be a slight favorite for the game but in these one game series anything can happen. I am also concerned how Elmira blitzed Curry in the first period of play last night. Elmira will be a very difficult game for Norwich.

Of all the quarterfinal games I thought Norwich has the toughest game after Plattsburgh/Middlebury which is a toss up in my book. I haven't seen Elmira play having only read what others have observed. The only thing I will predict is there will be a whole lot more people at this game then at the Curry game. If Elmira is anthing like the ECAC East teams the large crowd will get them more up for the game.
                        Agreed..

While Elmira was ranked lower than Bowdoin, which is the reason Norwich drew Elmira/Curry and Oswego drew Bowdoin, I'd much rather see Bowdoin invade the Campus Center at Oswego than Elmira.

No disrespect intended for Bowdoin...
                        Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                        2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Elmira usually averages 1500 or so and can get to the 2000's or near it for bigger games.

Wednesday night was a tough draw against a no name team like Curry. Granted it was an NCAA game but people still A. probably didn't know about it since Elmira lost to Manhattanville B. It wasn't a recognizable team. C. It was a weekday game.

Still elbo reported 1100 being there...I guesstimated 800ish from the webcast. It was a pretty loud crowd so Elmira is definitely used to playing in front of large crowds.

Norwich has won the last two games in this series. They were expected to play each other last year but EC lost to Gustavus in the first round of the Times Argus.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich has won the last two games in this series. They were expected to play each other last year but EC lost to Gustavus in the first round of the Times Argus.
                            That was one of the worst games I watched in the 4 years that Albert was there.

Comment

Elmira usually averages 1500 or so and can get to the 2000's or near it for bigger games.

Wednesday night was a tough draw against a no name team like Curry. Granted it was an NCAA game but people still A. probably didn't know about it since Elmira lost to Manhattanville B. It wasn't a recognizable team. C. It was a weekday game.

Still elbo reported 1100 being there...I guesstimated 800ish from the webcast. It was a pretty loud crowd so Elmira is definitely used to playing in front of large crowds.

I remember being at the Plattsburgh game, which was a 4pm game. Paid attendance, per collegehockeystats, was 1006... but I estimated that crowd to be 600 max.

It's all in the scheduling of the games. If it's consistent with the normal scheduling, people will show up. Anomalies like a Saturday afternoon or a weekday, not so much. I remember seeing people pulling into the Domes as we were leaving, as if they were there for a 7pm game.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                              X