X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    There were a few good things. As you said, they held Miami to 21 shots which is very good. Miami probably cruised somewhat after leading 5-0 after the 2nd, but still the Lakers kept the shots down. The Lakers only took a few penalties which is also is something they needed to do to give themselves a chance.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Bill. The Lakers did a heck of a job last night. People that are critical of the Lakers need to realize it's not the wins that matter but the effort. Brian Mahoney-Wilson had 15 big saves for the Lakers last night, not too many goalies could say they can do that. Coach Jim Roque and his assistants also had this team well prepared by the fact they took so few penalties. I can't wait for tonight's contest. The Lakers are gonna really take it to 'em. Go Lakers!

Comment

BJR (can I call you BJ for short?), you predicted the Lakers were going to lose by ten goals or so, because Miami dismantled the Wildcats the week before.

Looks like you were way off.

Comment

Look at what a new coach has done for WMU.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
          Look at what a new coach has done for WMU.
          They are 4-2-1? With a close loss to Notre Dame last night.

Comment

Two shots by Miami may have been something for the entire third period but they scored off of just one of those shots.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              At this point in Boreks career,most on here were calling for his firing. How is it 6 years into Roques coaching and a team that is going nowhere,the voices seem silent on his removal. Wilson in his senior year has been worse than any of his other years. That must have been one hell of a goalie clinic in September to produce no goalies for Lake State . I hope 3dognight doesn't bring that clinic back again. I don't think the goaltenders could stand another one . I think we all have to come to the realization that Lake State has very little talent and a coaching staff that produces very little improvement in players from one year to the next. Enough of excuses. The players need to prove themselves and if they don't,hell,there is always next year.
              And then there was Frank Anzalone and we all know how he was railroaded out of town in a lot less time than six years when the program he built into a national powerhouse back in the 1980's was starting to turn it around again. I am sure there is more than meets the eye to this current administration and the lack of accountability and results on the ice.

That or people just don't care and are happy with 9th, 10th and 11th place results. Either way it is sad how you people up there have accepted your lot in life in the CCHA and the continued nosedive into the CCHA abyss. You can put all the happy faces on it, make excuses and blame it is really hard. But when the schools like Ferris, Alaska, Northern, Tech and probably this year Western and Bowling Green are higher than you in the standings well keep singing your happy song and tell stories about the greatness of the past when the program was built and achieved greatness by the living legend, and who you people treated so poorly, Frank Anazlone.

The Truth Is Out There...
              TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                BJR (can I call you BJ for short?), you predicted the Lakers were going to lose by ten goals or so, because Miami dismantled the Wildcats the week before.

Looks like you were way off.
                Listen here Sweet Caroline if I wanted any lip from you I'd scrape it off my zipper. You are an intellectual dud trying to argue with a person that is quite simply brilliant. I understand how you so closely identify with your hero Jimbo Roque. The two of you are what they call dim bulbs. Thankfully I hope the powers that be at the University will come to their senses and can Jimbo and his Gong Show. That day will be joyous for me but may be a Song Sung Blue for all you Roque admirers.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                  And then there was Frank Anzalone and we all know how he was railroaded out of town in a lot less time than six years when the program he built into a national powerhouse back in the 1980's was starting to turn it around again.
                  TBA
                  I honestly don't know the circumstances surrounding Frank being fired for the second time. But while I do think he reinstilled discipline into Laker teams that had become very undisciplined under Scott Borek, the bottom line is that during Frank's second stint at LSSU the combined record of Laker teams was 32 wins, 97 losses and 20 ties, and they did not reach a 10 win season even one time. So aside from perhaps the improvement in discipline, there is no factual information to support your contention that the Lakers had started to turn it around.

Comment

Truth,I do know this for a fact and why,the source that told me years ago was very much into what was going on with the Laker team. If Anzalone had come back and Jackson had not taken over the team,half the players were going to quit. Frank had no trouble building teams,he just had trouble relating to people as humans.

Comment

I wouldn't give up on this team just yet Laker fans. I think you will see a different Laker team tonight and a much different result. I thought they would win 7 of their next 8 games a week ago and they are already 2-1 in their last three games. I think the coaches will make the necessary adjustments and the Lakers will come out flying. Lets hope they can grab a two or three goal lead maybe.

Crawford said that the Lakers played well, especially in the third period, however the internet quality was terrible as I think someone on here already said. They outscored Miami 2-1 in that period when they could have easilly packed it in. Not a Jim Roque coached team! I expect much better things out of Brian Mahoney-Wilson and many of those goals last night weren't his fault just bad bounces. Come on guys!

Comment

I didnt get a chance to listen to the game last night but it sounded like a rough one for the Lakers, although expecting any points out of this weekend would be a pretty optimistic viewpoint in my opinion. It was nice to see that Colin Campbell scored for the 2nd game in a row, with the loss of Acton the Lakers will need other to step up, over the last few weeks the increased offensive output from the freshmen (Radke, Campbell, Jean, Sternberg) has been nice to see, it appears they are getting comfortable with D1 hockey which is something that will be paramount to the Lakers chances season, hopefully the Lakers have a better showing tonight (and yes, unlike some of the other morons that have taken to posting regularly on this tred recently, that is genuine enthusiasm about the Lakers...unwitty sarcasm and lame humor gets old fellas)

Comment

Lakers tie it up at 2-2 with 7 seconds left.....headed to overtime.

Miami wins shootout on the 5th player scoring to win the sudden death 3-2.

Kevin Kopelka was outstanding according to Crawford.
                          Last edited by DopeyBaker; 10-30-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                            Lakers tie it up at 2-2 with 7 seconds left.....headed to overtime.

Miami wins shootout on the 5th player scoring to win the sudden death 3-2.

Kevin Kopelka was outstanding according to Crawford.
                            Kopelka looked very good this evening.

Comment

Dear Boot_Jim_Roque (and your twins) congratulations for being the attraction of the forum - I hope it helps you feeling better.

Anzalone is gone and will not be back, he definitely crossed the line - sorry to be so blunt but you will feel better once you accept it.

Going on about Jim Roque and his crew doesn't add anything. No need to be brilliant to say that he is not the right man, and once is enough.
                              Being rude doesn't help convincing anybody.

You are problably right that Jim Roque is the weak link in the system, but you should do your homework and be efficient; there is a lot to say.
                              With your useless statements, you are no better than those you want to boot.

I hope you are happy with the unbelievable point taken against Miami.

But that should not prevent fans and management from thinking ahead ...
                              Last edited by backbencher; 10-30-2010, 11:27 PM. Reason: have

Comment

Dear backstencher (and yo mama) congratulations on being the buffoon of the forum-I hope it helps you feeling better.

Roque will soon be gone and won't be back, he definitely crossed the line-sorry he sucked so bad but you'll feel better once you accept it.

Going on defending Jim Roque and crew doesn't add anything. No need to say your a moron we're all convinced. No need to let rudeness get your panties in a knot.

You should just do your homework period. There is no need for your useless statements. Again everyone is convinced of your buffoonery.

Your level of stupidity is the only thing that is unbelievable.

But that should not prevent internet surfers from reading your posts and reveling in your foolishness...
                                Last edited by Boot_Jim_Roque; 10-31-2010, 12:35 AM. Reason: have

Comment

Working...
                                X