This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Tech is picked to finish in last place in the WCHA. Seems we are down to making excuses already for Lake State. Lakers had the worse second half of the season in the CCHA last year and so far out of three games ( counting the exhibition game here ) they have yet to win and have been scored on 17 times . The problem wasn't Tech had really big guys, the problem is Lake State had to many guys who played the same Laker hockey of last season .

Comment

Wow that's an interesting one the "their defencemen are too big" excuse. I can only imagine what's next on the excuse forum, I mean fan forum. How about the "their forwards are too fast" excuse. C'mon really? How bout Coach Roque needs to have his players a little better prepared and shore up some of the inconsistent play of the team.

Comment

You're both missing my main point. It's not strictly a matter of their D being too big. Tech is the type of team that you need to get a lead on so that they can't just fall back on clogging everything up when they have the lead. Having big D allows them to clog things up much easier, especially in front of their own net. Certainly the Lakers needed to play better Saturday, but by allowing Tech to get and maintain a lead, the Lakers wound up playing Tech's game rather than vice versa. The size of their D allows Tech to play their game better when they have the lead. If the Lakers made fewer defensive mistakes Saturday and got the lead, Tech would have eventually been forced to get away from the game they played.

Comment

BIll,believe it or not,I understand what you were saying but i think the main reason for the Laker showing was the same team that played so many poor games last year was the same team that played Saturday night.

Comment

Any radio show tonight ?
            I'd like to to hear some stright questions being asked and, may be, some clarifying answers.

Comment

Originally posted by soofan View Post
              Any radio show tonight ?
              I'd like to to hear some stright questions being asked and, may be, some clarifying answers.
              1400 WKNW.

Fans can call in, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                1400 WKNW.

Fans can call in, too.
                OK, but this link doesn't seeming to be working for me at the moment. Is there a newer one considering the station has a relatively new owner?

http://www.talkradio1400.com/

Has anyone else tried this link today and gotten it to work?
                Last edited by Bill; 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  OK, but this link doesn't seeming to be working for me at the moment. Is there a newer one considering the station has a relatively new owner?

You have to go to the 99.5 fm website because the 1400 website is still a work in progress. Their should be a link about 1/2 way on the page. Also last weeks show should be up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I called WKNW; they said the show is on yesfm at 6pm.

Comment

Thanks Lakerchum and soofan.

Also, I did just listen to the podcast of last week's show.

Comment

It's no dice for streaming the Laker Hockey Show this evening. All I could get from the YesFM link was music. I called the Hockey Show number that I got from listening to the podcast for last Monday's show and they said it isn't being streamed yet. They are still trying to get that in place. I guess we'll have to try again next week.

The podcast should be available tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah thats a bummer Bill i was looking forward to it also.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Same old same old on the hockey show. Everything is rosy in Laker land. You wouldn't of thought the Lakers just lost by 4 goals to Tech but hey who cares lets be positive. So being positive; of interest, Roque said that Kapalka is clearly the number two goalie right now and that Ravn has some things he needs to work on. BMW will start Thursday and it sounded like he'll use a wait and see approach for Friday (either BMW or Kapalka). I guess I was kinda under the assumption we had two #2 goalies but looks like that's not the case (as of right now).
                            Last edited by fanof25; 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fanof25 View Post
                              So being positive; of interest, Roque said that Kapalka is clearly the number two goalie right now and that Ravn has some things he needs to work on.
                              Does Mr Roque mean that the two he chose to play don't have things to work on ?
                              A basic fan could think that it might be worth trying to see what we have in store before making choices.
                              Last edited by soofan; 10-11-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Didn't they have a goalie clinic last month ? So far with 17 goals being scored against Lake State we are to assume the clinic went well and was a big help .

Comment

Working...
                                X