The Official Finish The Season 7-1-1 And Don't Make The NCAAs Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Finish The Season 7-1-1 And Don't Make The NCAAs Thread

Yeah, I'm ****ed. You know why? Because the NCAA completely screwed Salem State by not selecting them as this year's Pool B representative.

Let's start off with the obvious...

Code:
      Elmira vs Salem State
    WIN      0.6731  1           0.6250  0
    OWP      0.5548  1           0.4990  0
    OOP      0.5064  1           0.4760  0
    H2H     0- 0- 0  0          0- 0- 0  0
    COP     0- 0- 0  0          0- 0- 0  0
    RNK     5- 6- 1  0          0- 1- 0  0
    ============================================
    PTS              3                   0
    Okay, whatever, that doesn't matter. In fact, I don't know why I even included a comparison Elmira clearly wins because Salem State's gripes have nothing to do with the criteria the NCAA actually uses to seed the tournament. Here's all that matters.

1) Salem State won their conference tournament!

That's right, the Vikings stuck it to their conference's regular season champion in a 2-1 overtime game for the title. That means you can ignore everything else that happened in the conference for the rest of the year and focus entirely on the one goal scored in overtime as the final determining factor of which team is best and most worthy of a bid. So ignore Fitchburg completely. That one overtime goal completely nullifies 26 games combined! Salem State deserves to be in!

2) Salem State finished the season 7-1-1!

So what if I'm arbitrarily creating a cutoff point that paints the argument most in Salem State's favor? They only lost one game in that span! Because they finished strong, when games arbitrarily "matter more" (despite counting the same in the standings as ones in October), we should ignore all the games that came before that. In fact, you should try to make the tournament selection based on as small a sample size as humanly possible.

3) Salem State has a win over one of the top 3 teams in the tournament.

That's right they freaking shut out St. Norbert. But the committee apparently discounted this as a meaningless "early season game", so they probably just ignored it. That's just proof that the committee is comprised of Hitler, Osama Bin Ladin, a slaveowner, and a whorehouse pimp. If things are allowed to continue in this manner in Division-III hockey the entire world will end in 2012!

In fact, Salem State's win over St. Norbert means they should have gotten a bye into the quarterfinals instead of the Green Knights. The fact they didn't shows Hitler is at work.

And there you have it, why Salem State should have been in the tournament.
    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Re: The Official Finish The Season 7-1-1 And Don't Make The NCAAs Thread

+1 (Nat Hiken, watch out)
    Last edited by norm1909; 03-10-2010, 06:17 AM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

:d Lolololol:d Lolololol:d Lolololol:d

Brilliant...
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Making an absurd comparison does not make your argument right.

Playing a weak schedule does not make you a worse team.

Statistical comparisons between Elmira and M'ville were very close.

Even the Elmira followers - and kudos to them for not making excuses - felt Manhattanville was the the correct decision. But you keep patting the committee on the back for their integrity. We all appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
          and a whorehouse pimp.
          What's wrong with a whorehouse pimp?
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I think the pimp should sue for slander... Besides, isn't a pimp in a "house" a bit redundant?
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

forgive me if I am wrong, but doesn't your second to last sentence in your first point

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
              That one overtime goal completely nullifies 26 games combined!
              make your second and third points incredibly moot? If the previous games are nullified, why should it matter that they finished 7-1-1 and shut out St. Norbert?

Comment

Originally posted by WTOPAsstChief View Post
                forgive me if I am wrong, but doesn't your second to last sentence in your first point

make your second and third points incredibly moot? If the previous games are nullified, why should it matter that they finished 7-1-1 and shut out St. Norbert?
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Down the stretch isn't all that counts. 2007-8 Oswego finished 11-2, both losses to Plattsburgh- by one goal, and didn't make it in.
                  Oswego State 1980 Grad
                  (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Once again Potsdam got hosed. They tied Plattsburgh. They tied Norwich. And they defeated the defending national champions. I don't see how they could not have gotten in.

This is the second year in a row Potsdam got hosed.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                      Down the stretch isn't all that counts. 2007-8 Oswego finished 11-2, both losses to Plattsburgh- by one goal, and didn't make it in.
                      Please tell me you are not missing the whole point of this very SARCASTIC thread.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Once again Potsdam got hosed. They tied Plattsburgh. They tied Norwich. And they defeated the defending national champions. I don't see how they could not have gotten in.

This is the second year in a row Potsdam got hosed.
                        True, lucky for Morrisville, this is only their first year at getting hosed, after all they beat Elmira and Potsdam twice
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Please tell me you are not missing the whole point of this very SARCASTIC thread.
                          What? Then where are all the faces??? You have to put in faces if it's sarcastic- this is the internet! I can't se the subtle in your expression on my monitor.

Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                            What? Then where are all the faces??? You have to put in faces if it's sarcastic- this is the internet! I can't se the subtle in your expression on my monitor.

Wow, that is really a good point.
                            I'm glad you pointed that out to us.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              I think the pimp should sue for slander... Besides, isn't a pimp in a "house" a bit redundant?
                              You mean like Lindsay Lohan suing E-Trade over the milkaholic baby's name
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X