The USCHO DIII Fan Forum Lake Placid Attendance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USCHO DIII Fan Forum Lake Placid Attendance Thread

Now that the tournament bracket is here, I figured it couldn't be too early to start this thing. Lake Placid is less than 2 weeks away, and I'm some of you are already making plans. (I know for a fact that I am)

So, who's going to Placid? Who's going without a doubt? Who's going only if their team's in? Perhaps some get-together the likes of which occurred pre-game in Oswego at the beginning of January can be arranged? (Being none-too-familiar with Lake Placid establishments, I would be hard-pressed to arrange it myself.)

I myself will be attending no matter who is participating. I'll be attending my morning classes, and leaving Albany en route to Lake Placid in the early afternoon, so I should make it in just in time for faceoff of the early game.

I just thought it would be nice to see a list of who will be attending, so if you're going to be there just copy and add you name to the list!

Attending:
    CARDS_rule_the_Burgh - haven't purchased tickets, will post seats when I do
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Re: The USCHO DIII Fan Forum Lake Placid Attendance Thread

Yes - There For The Duration No Matter What...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I am there if Oswego knocks off Bowdoin Saturday night.
      MJBeckman
      Oswego '93
      Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
      1991-1993
      2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

I am in only if the BullDogs make the trip to Lake Placid.

There are quite a few friends, family and students/alumni making plans if our beloved BullDogs make it that far....

Go BullDogs Go!!!!

Comment

I'm going with 4 others, hotel and tickets already taken care of. Win or lose for Oswego this weekend I'll be there.

Sec 26 Row B 3-7
          Last edited by osuhockeyfan; 03-15-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Made (and am keeping) reservations made in June with about 7 other people.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Attending:
              CARDS_rule_the_Burgh - haven't purchased tickets, will post seats when I do
              spwood - will be there as part of the working staff - hope to be behind the goal, but the schedules haven't been worked out yet.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Will be there
                Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
                  I am in only if the BullDogs make the trip to Lake Placid.

There are quite a few friends, family and students/alumni making plans if our beloved BullDogs make it that far....

Go BullDogs Go!!!!
                  Wouldn't miss it if the Bulldogs make it.

Comment

Tickets in hand, rooms reserved, will be there to watch whichever four excellent teams win their way in.

So, shall we all retire to the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery for bragging and excuses (and beer) after the finals?
                    Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-10-2010, 08:58 AM.
                    Oswego State 1980 Grad
                    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Planning to attend and will pull the trigger sat. night/sun. morning when the Cards win in Middlebury. Last year I booked/bought everything -- accomodations, tickets, new Cards sweatshirts for the kids, foam fingers -- before the quaterfinals and ended up dropping a $1k and moping around all weekend in the cold!

Comment

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
                        Last year I booked/bought everything -- accomodations, tickets, new Cards sweatshirts for the kids, foam fingers -- before the quaterfinals...
                        The kiss of death. You NEVER buy the foam fingers before it's a lock.
                        Oswego State 1980 Grad
                        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

I will also be there no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                            Tickets in hand, rooms reserved, will be there to watch whichever four excellent teams win their way in.

So, shall we all retire to the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery for bragging and excuses (and beer) after the finals?
                            Lake Placid is usually a bar hopping town.

Two years ago we mostly hung out at the Pub and Brewery, and Wise Guys.

Last year, it was Wise Guys and Zig Zag (with two gorgeous, fun, hot blonde bartenders...)

I'll be working again this year. Haven't decided on the bars, yet. Best to always play that by ear...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

We're closer to Wiseguys, but all the places are worth visiting!!!
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                              X