Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official go 2-5 in last 7, lose to Mville in ecac championship. Go to ncaa thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official go 2-5 in last 7, lose to Mville in ecac championship. Go to ncaa thread

Might as well have it's own thread. Thats right I am sour.

Re: The official go 2-5 in last 7, lose to Mville in ecac championship. Go to ncaa thread

Yup, Mville got a raw deal, but I don't think it's the first time the ECAC-W playoff champ didn't receive the Pool B bid. I'm pretty sure Hobart was awarded the Pool B in '06 after losing in the ECAC-W semis? (however, I think the playoff champ that season was awarded a Pool C).

You're wasting your time whining here. They need to schedule tougher out of conference competition... and switch conferences. The ECAC-W is on life support.

Comment

Re: The official go 2-5 in last 7, lose to Mville in ecac championship. Go to ncaa thread

Its hard to figure how Elmira gets in and Manhattanville doesn't sort of makes the ECAC West useless. Both teams have the same number of automatic wins with Leb Valley. I think the NCAA not only screwed Manhattanville but they are proving themselves to be manipulative. This really hurts the Mville program they need to get out of the ECAC west. I have no dog in this fight but frankly I feel bad for the Seniors they did it all, won it all and the team they beat in the finals along with a season split is in while they aren't.
      This is a major shot across the Bow or Division III hockey which is already getting hammerd by ACHA. Just stupid they should adjust the brackets and Add Mville.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
        Yup, Mville got a raw deal, but I don't think it's the first time the ECAC-W playoff champ didn't receive the Pool B bid. I'm pretty sure Hobart was awarded the Pool B in '06 after losing in the ECAC-W semis? (however, I think the playoff champ that season was awarded a Pool C).

You're wasting your time whining here. They need to schedule tougher out of conference competition... and switch conferences. The ECAC-W is on life support.
        While the ECAC West champion hasn't always won the Pool B bid (I'm not sure if this is true or not.)

I know for a fact that since 1984, the ECAC West champion has NEVER been left out of the tournament until this year with Manhattanville.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by ECACST View Post
          Just stupid they should adjust the brackets and Add Mville.
          I think I found somebody that can help make this a reality.

http://mitchalbom.com/
          93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
          2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

This thread title needs "Do not pass Go, do not collect $200."
            Last edited by OSUPBPMike; 03-08-2010, 10:57 AM.
            WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              While the ECAC West champion hasn't always won the Pool B bid (I'm not sure if this is true or not.)

I know for a fact that since 1984, the ECAC West champion has NEVER been left out of the tournament until this year with Manhattanville.
              That's surprising. I didn't know that. I would have guessed one of those D2 schools that used to be in the W would have won it at some point since '84, but I dunno. The one thing I do know about the W, is that while they are generally well represented in the tournament, aside from Neumann last season and the RIT of old, they sure don't make much noise in the tourney (I think Elmira may have been the National runner up once as well, but that was close to 30 years ago now...)

Comment

Originally posted by powerplay17 View Post
                Might as well have it's own thread. Thats right I am sour.
                Grow up!
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  That's surprising. I didn't know that. I would have guessed one of those D2 schools that used to be in the W would have won it at some point since '84, but I dunno. The one thing I do know about the W, is that while they are generally well represented in the tournament, aside from Neumann last season and the RIT of old, they sure don't make much noise in the tourney (I think Elmira may have been the National runner up once as well, but that was close to 30 years ago now...)
                  Mercyhurst may have won it a couple times but they were eligible for the D-III tourney.

You are correct though. the running joke against the ECAC West until last year's run by Neumann was poor performances in the NCAA Tournament. They hadn't won since RIT's title in 1986 (I believe)

Elmira was the national runner-ups in 1988 to River Falls (hosted that year). They hosted the NCAA's again in 1991 or 1993?
                  Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 03-08-2010, 11:39 AM.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

WOW...That is what Adrian must have felt like the last few years.

Wish EC could have played out of conference last year for the 1st round NCAA
                    GO EC!!! Good Luck boys. Make a run!

Comment

A farce and a travesty. Shame on the NCAA. The players all know who was better. I cannot believe that the NCAA would sanction these 'championship' games and then subject the participants of these games to the treatment they received. Elmira players in tears being consoled by M'ville players only to be jeered and taunted during a bogus post tournament spectacle of meaningless banners and awards. Cheer up boys, we all know you lost not to an EC or Oswego(EC beat Oswego) , but to an undefeatable, nasty, heartless, brainless appendage of the NCAA . Hope it dosen't happen to anyone else's son.

Comment

No 1992 Plattsburgh hosted the final four and elmira in the quarters.. Mike macNamara...

As far as Manhatanville goes..maybe you will take your education and read how thing work. You people whine more then Adrian fans did. How's playing all those cupcakes feel now?
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: The official go 2-5 in last 7, lose to Mville in ecac championship. Go to ncaa th

Originally posted by valliant defender View Post
                          A farce and a travesty. Shame on the NCAA. The players all know who was better. I cannot believe that the NCAA would sanction these 'championship' games and then subject the participants of these games to the treatment they received. Elmira players in tears being consoled by M'ville players only to be jeered and taunted during a bogus post tournament spectacle of meaningless banners and awards. Cheer up boys, we all know you lost not to an EC or Oswego(EC beat Oswego) , but to an undefeatable, nasty, heartless, brainless appendage of the NCAA . Hope it dosen't happen to anyone else's son.
                          Okay VD - You got us all excited about your last post being last night. Now you've gone and shot our expectations all to he!!. Is this going to be your last post? or are we going to be let down again?
                          FINAL POST: AS I said before my beef isn't with any of you posters, as by and large your opinions are well founded.It's just a bitter way to go out,especially when you see closeup the pain(literally) and sacrifice involved in getting to and winning last night's game and then not have a chance to continue.Remember life's not always fair-Good luck and good night.
                          In all seriousness ... Ma'ville got screwed.

Comment

I for one agree with you on this, very poor taste by those "idiots", "true fans" of EC do not pull that kind of crap. It's really ignorant for ANY fan of a loosing team to call the winning team "losers" or "you suck"
                            Manhattanville won the game Sat. night by wanting it more than EC, EC gave that game away.. I was told the winning goal was a result of a bad pass in front of the goal? You never pass in front.
                            What has been done is done, there is nothing anyone can do about it, we need to move on
                            Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                            Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                            Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Re: The official go 2-5 in last 7, lose to Mville in ecac championship. Go to ncaa th

Over...done...finished... Please? Pretty Please?

Your kid's graduating and moving on to the real world - follow his lead.
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                              X