X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spartans vs. Wolverines - Playoff Edition

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Panama Beach, Daytona, etc.
    that's not the answer that benefits the team.. As no one but the student section seems to cheer this could be bad for us...

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
      Aallen any news on how the student sectoin will be tomorrow?
      I have a feeling it'll probably be 10 or 15 people tomorrow, significantly better yet still pretty anemic on Saturday, and slightly better on Sunday (if the series goes that far).

The building as whole's probably going to be a ghost town on all three days.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I passed by Munn about 15 minutes ago and the small ticket hut that is usually outside Spartan Stadium is outside the East entrance at Munn. Are they really expecting that level of walk-up sales tonight?
        MICHIGAN STATE
        1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          I passed by Munn about 15 minutes ago and the small ticket hut that is usually outside Spartan Stadium is outside the East entrance at Munn. Are they really expecting that level of walk-up sales tonight?
          I think they are praying for a bunch of walk-up sales. With the students having left for spring break last Friday (if not earlier), I'd wager most of them dont even know there is a game this weekend, let alone that we are playing Michigan, having not been able to read it in the State News. They were giving a ton of tickets away on the radio today and offering group sales (15 or more tickets) at student price. So its not looking good for the turn out. Is Michigan on spring breaker this week too? Also, why aren't the locals purchasing tickets? Lack of advertisement maybe?

Comment

I hope we are not rusty after the week off like we were going into Ferris. Will be a pretty big bummer if we don't get a solid crowd tonight. There really is no excuse for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
              I hope we are not rusty after the week off like we were going into Ferris. Will be a pretty big bummer if we don't get a solid crowd tonight. There really is no excuse for that.
              The fact that we have only played 4 games in 33 days is very scary. We do not have a good reputation of playing strong following time off. However I do think the rivalry factor will help in that regard. I just hope is doesnt help TOO much and we come in with excess emotion.
              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
                I think they are praying for a bunch of walk-up sales. With the students having left for spring break last Friday (if not earlier), I'd wager most of them dont even know there is a game this weekend, let alone that we are playing Michigan, having not been able to read it in the State News. They were giving a ton of tickets away on the radio today and offering group sales (15 or more tickets) at student price. So its not looking good for the turn out. Is Michigan on spring breaker this week too? Also, why aren't the locals purchasing tickets? Lack of advertisement maybe?
                Michigan's spring break was last week, but I wouldn't expect that much representation since it's been a down year from Michigan. Even if the reality might be different because of various factors, most people are just going to assume Michigan doesn't have much of a chance and not show up.

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                The fact that we have only played 4 games in 33 days is very scary. We do not have a good reputation of playing strong following time off. However I do think the rivalry factor will help in that regard. I just hope is doesnt help TOO much and we come in with excess emotion.
                Comley did a good job at getting MSU ready for the GLI after the long break.

Comment

As kdilks said, Michigan's spring break was last week. Our student section turn out for the Lake State series last weekend wasn't great. I'd say we had about 1/4 of the student section filled up Friday and somehow less on Saturday.

I know of myself and a few other Michigan fans coming up for tomorrow's game.

Edit: thought I should mention tickets for the play-off series were included in Michigan's student season ticket package....so that was the turn-out despite students having already paid for the tickets.
                  Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                    Comley did a good job at getting MSU ready for the GLI after the long break.
                    Yes but there is a huge difference between MTU/RPI and U of M.
                    MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
                      Ding, ding, ding!

The athletic department did an absolute god-awful job promoting this series. Not one promotional e-mail, nothing through social media, not one TV commercial... nothing. Jack friggin' squat.

I don't know who's in charge of promotion within the athletic department, but that person should be fired. No, our entire fanbase isn't in Indianapolis this weekend, ergo, there's no excuse for the apathy toward hockey, especially when the only sport we're indirectly competing with on-campus tonight is men's tennis.
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

I agree the athletic department failed to follow through on the marketing end...but to be fair there was an email sent out to university employees and season ticket holders (my mother is both and received both).There was also some radio advertising. I'm not gonna say they did q decent job, but to say they did nothing is not true either.
                        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

True, but you're not going to fill the building with university employees and the regulars.

An e-mail to the general public - just one - would have helped incredibly. The ball was significantly dropped.
                          66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Classic case tonight of a team that goes out after a week off, has no emotion, has no one in the stands and gets trucked. Unbelievable, although Michigan might be on a roll finally- and may have woken up the sleepy green giant.

Comment

Well done tonight Michigan fans...not only did your team dominate on the ice, your fans owned Munn. I knew it would be empty and I knew there would be no energy, but you proved exactly how pathetic our spartan hockey fanbase is.

I dislike you guys more then I care to type here...but I must give credit where it is due.
                              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Alright, well that was humiliating.

I have never seen us so out of sync. So little energy. Passes to nobody, passes into skates, passes to the other team, the list of what we did wrong is endless. It was almost like watching us play Michigan last year. I dearly hope we were asleep due to the bye because my god, that was absolutely hideous.

Attendance was also humiliating. That group of michigan fans did indeed own the place. And here is the thing, i actually think they were good for the atmosphere at the beginning. It forced everybody else to try to combat them and drown them out and at least the **** attendance didn't feel so small but after **** went south, it was all them and i hope our team could hear everything loud and clear. They need to know exactly what they made everyone who came to see them sit through.

Time to sack up.

Also, Michigan is 3 times the team in front of Hunwick than Hogan.

Comment

Working...
                                X