Spartans vs. Wolverines - Playoff Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spartans vs. Wolverines - Playoff Edition

I am pretty sure that Michigan has won exactly 2 games at Munn in the last 10 years. 1 of those came last year, when MSU was rather terrible (and, as was noted in an earlier post, even that Michigan win required a meltdown at the end).

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Michigan's season ends this weekend, most likely on Saturday night. Will either game even be close? I think I agree with the earlier prediction of a somewhat close game on Friday, followed by a MSU blowout on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
      Any update on how many students will actually show up?
      If the series goes to Sunday, I could see a decent number of students showing up.

As far as Friday and Saturday... well, I'll be there. So, we, at least, know the number's going to be greater than one. Talking with some of the Slaps directors, they apparently had a short list last week of kids that bought playoff tickets already, so that's at least a little promising.
      Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 03-09-2010, 06:26 PM.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        If the series goes to Sunday, I could see a decent number of students showing up.

As far as Friday and Saturday... well, I'll be there. So, we, at least, know the number's going to be greater than one. Talking with some of the Slaps directors, they apparently had a short list last week of kids that bought playoff tickets already, so that's at least a little promising.
        Well at least we will have someone to start the cheers...but it sounds promising, lets keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

When my sister went to Jenison to purchase her student ticket yesterday the person laughed when she asked if there was strong student demand for student seats.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by speekeasy8 View Post
            I am pretty sure that Michigan has won exactly 2 games at Munn in the last 10 years. 1 of those came last year, when MSU was rather terrible (and, as was noted in an earlier post, even that Michigan win required a meltdown at the end).
            Close: 3-9-3 at Munn, 9-3-3 at Yost, 7-6-4 at JLA and 0-0-1 at Spartan Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by mmb5 View Post
              Close: 3-9-3 at Munn, 9-3-3 at Yost, 7-6-4 at JLA and 0-0-1 at Spartan Stadium.
              lets hope the trend at munn continues..

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                When my sister went to Jenison to purchase her student ticket yesterday the person laughed when she asked if there was strong student demand for student seats.
                Well, it'd help sales quite a bit if they dropped that insane $10 online surcharge (which they have now adopted for over-the-phone sales, too).

Just looked at seating availability for Friday... we'd be extremely lucky to bring in 4,200 right now. The athletic department does yet another masterful promotion job.
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Just looked at seating availability for Friday... we'd be extremely lucky to bring in 4,200 right now. The athletic department does yet another masterful promotion job.
                  And looking online, I don't think they sold one friggin' ticket for this whole series between noon yesterday and now.

I'm starting to think my estimate of 4,200 might have been really, really optimistic. Case in point, there are huge blocks of seating available along the side-boards right now.
                  66 - 86 - 07

Comment

And looking online, I don't think they sold one friggin' ticket for this whole series between noon yesterday and now.

I'm starting to think my estimate of 4,200 might have been really, really optimistic. Case in point, there are huge blocks of seating available along the side-boards right now.
                    Sounds like they need to post on some ticket sales places in Ann Arbor!

Comment

I am sure MSU basketball playing at 9pm is having an influence on ticket sales for this weekend's hockey series. Between the regulars who will be in Indy and the fans who don't want to miss any of the basketball game, I am sure that is part of the ticket issue.
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

28 more hours until the start of the game! Hey U of M fans how many of you are going to show your face tomorrow?

Comment

28 more hours until the start of the game! Hey U of M fans how many of you are going to show your face tomorrow?
                          Consider the fact that they are Michigan fans and their team is not doing so well...that's about all you need to know. There were maybe 100 of them at the last game at Munn back in January.
                          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

aid and comfort. aid and comfort!

Comment

Aallen any news on how the student sectoin will be tomorrow?

Comment

Aallen any news on how the student sectoin will be tomorrow?
                                Panama Beach, Daytona, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X