NCAA Play-In Round Curry @ Elmira: Wed. Mar 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Play-In Round Curry @ Elmira: Wed. Mar 10th

[06:20] GOAL by ECMH2009 Darcy Vaillancourt (POWER-PLAY), Assist by Karl Linden and Kevin Willer, On ice for ECMH2009: Darcy Vaillancourt; Karl Linden; Kevin Willer; Rusty Masters, On ice for CURRY: Ryan Warsofsky; Michael Cenisio; Ryan Barlock.

Elmira College 2, Curry College 1
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

2-1 EC after 2d p
      LakerEagleLover

Comment

Curry Ecmh2009
        Shots 21 31
        Saves 29 20
        Power plays 0-3 1-6
        Penalties 7-14 4-8
        Faceoffs 18-48 30-48
        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Curry Ecmh2009
          Shots 21 31
          Saves 29 20
          Power plays 0-3 1-6
          Penalties 7-14 4-8
          Faceoffs 18-48 30-48
          Looks like Curry racking up PM's in an attemp to keep DIII Hardcore Belt
          Steve Day(NU71)
          Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
            Looks like Curry racking up PM's in an attemp to keep DIII Hardcore Belt
            Now 8-16, 4-8
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

4 minutes remaining...EC on another PP
              LakerEagleLover

Comment

[17:49] GOAL by ECMH2009 Darcy Vaillancourt (POWER-PLAY), Assist by Rusty Masters and Brendan Sanders, On ice for ECMH2009: Darcy Vaillancourt; Rusty Masters; Brendan Sanders; Greg Moore; Kevin Willer, On ice for CURRY: Ross Enmark; Ryan Warsofsky; Jonathan Miller; John Williams.

Elmira College 3, Curry College 1
                LakerEagleLover

Comment

[18:04] GOAL by ECMH2009 Mark Morikawa, On ice for ECMH2009: Mark Morikawa; Larry Willard; Brock Sawyer; Michael Kirby; Rick Acorn, On ice for CURRY: Ryan Barlock; Payden Benning; Michael Cenisio; Ryan Warsofsky; John Williams.

Elmira College 4, Curry College 1

FINAL

Curry Ecmh2009
                  Shots 22 43
                  Saves 39 21
                  Power plays 0-4 2-9
                  Penalties 10-20 5-10
                  Faceoffs 24-65 41-65
                  LakerEagleLover

Comment

Any Elmira Fans looking for info on getting to Northfield ... where to stay etc etc fire away ...

Message to the Cadets ... stay out of the box against these guys!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                      Any Elmira Fans looking for info on getting to Northfield ... where to stay etc etc fire away ...

Message to the Cadets ... stay out of the box against these guys!
                      If our local basketball team loses their regional semifinal game on Friday I'm going to try and come. But if they win I'm out.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Curry @ Elmira

- So:so crowd, maybe 1100
                        - Very entertaining game ... reminded me of a Plattsburgh style
                        - Curry is undersized, but quick and energetic
                        - Elmira began to dominate toward the 14:00 minute mark of each period, but still cannot bury the puck
                        - Elmira seriously outshot the Colonels 43-22, but either sent them wide or into defensemen
                        - Curry's top two lines, centered by 13 & 15, can play with any in the country
                        - Curry packs it in defensively, stays with guys well in front of the goal, and doesn't allow much of anything uncontested
                        - Curry's downfall was stupid penalties, and playing the top two lines to exhaustion
                        - Curry also won a large % of faceoffs
                        - Officiating was okay. Best call of the night two helmets got somehow attached, and McSweeney called a penalty for holding. Never asked for help.
                        - EC's 3rd goal of the evening was a four pass combo in the slot ... perhaps the prettiest of the century for EC.
                        - Curry cycles the puck really well
                        Last edited by elbojpb; 03-10-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Re: Curry @ Elmira

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                          - - Curry's downfall was stupid penalties.
                          Could explain why they Keep retaining DIII Hardcore Belt
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                            Could explain why they Keep retaining DIII Hardcore Belt
                            And will hold it AT LEAST until October/November (whenever they start)
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              - Officiating was okay. Best call of the night two helmets got somehow attached, and McSweeney called a penalty for holding. Never asked for help.
                              Is this the one on Morikawa just before he scored the first goal? It looked to me like the Curry player did a weird more and somehow Morikawa's glove got attached to the mask/cage of the Curry player. His hand was up in the air and behind his head attached to the other guys face mask and he could not get it out. He was trying, but it was like an equipment malfunction. McSweeney called Face Masking, but there was no intent to grap that facemask and you could see he was trying to get his glove out, but it just wouldn't budge. That was almost as bad as grabbing an opponents stick and purposely ramming it into your own chest to draw a spearing penalty.

His goal shortly after getting out of the box was a bit of justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Tire View Post
                                Is this the one on Morikawa just before he scored the first goal? It looked to me like the Curry player did a weird more and somehow Morikawa's glove got attached to the mask/cage of the Curry player. His hand was up in the air and behind his head attached to the other guys face mask and he could not get it out. He was trying, but it was like an equipment malfunction. McSweeney called Face Masking, but there was no intent to grap that facemask and you could see he was trying to get his glove out, but it just wouldn't budge. That was almost as bad as grabbing an opponents stick and purposely ramming it into your own chest to draw a spearing penalty.

His goal shortly after getting out of the box was a bit of justice.
                                I see no glove being used

Here's the proof
                                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Working...
                                X