Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Play-In Round Curry @ Elmira: Wed. Mar 10th

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
    "Norwich is going to get Elmira, they (Elmira) are going to wax Curry." - Coach Emery on Monday Night's episode of Behind the Bench.
    Wow. Emery gave Elmira a compliment?! Then again, new coach this year. Next thing you know he'll be shaking hands after the game. Oh the horror!

Actually I think both programs respect each other, they just don't like each other.

Comment

So has any of the EC players/coaches arranged a time for the whole team to watch The Replacement in preparation for Wednesday night? Besides being hysterically funny, the part where Gene Hackman's character goes into his inspirational speech about every athlete dreams of getting a second change seems apropos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Tire View Post
        Wow. Emery gave Elmira a compliment?! Then again, new coach this year. Next thing you know he'll be shaking hands after the game. Oh the horror!

Actually I think both programs respect each other, they just don't like each other.
        Good assesment.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm unsure, but I was just looking on fa$thockey to make sure they were showing tonight's game. They are, but that's not what I found interesting...

The button that usually says "buy" says "play", and when it is clicked, it brings up a video screen (which obviously shows nothing since the game is not ongoing :P) instead of the usual "confirm purchase" screen.

Can this be taken to mean that Fa$thockey Fasthockey is showing this one free of charge?
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Fasthockey has not charged for Elmira home webcasts in the past that I know of...and they should not considering it's a single camera with ambient sound...I have paid to watch Elmira on the road the past four years, but not at home.
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I equate Elmira to a patient who died on the operating room table and was brought back to life. They should have a new appreciation for their good fortune and I think they will make the most of this new life. The pressure of the last month is gone. If they win tonight, Norwich had better be prepared come Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                Fasthockey has not charged for Elmira home webcasts in the past that I know of...and they should not considering it's a single camera with ambient sound...I have paid to watch Elmira on the road the past four years, but not at home.
                Hmm, I seemed to remember having to pay for a few home games earlier this season. (at least, the ones I bothered to watch with my horrible internet connection)

Oh well, I've forked out enough money for webcasts this season, I'll be glad to watch this one for free
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  Hmm, I seemed to remember having to pay for a few home games earlier this season. (at least, the ones I bothered to watch with my horrible internet connection)

Oh well, I've forked out enough money for webcasts this season, I'll be glad to watch this one for free
                  Do you think since it's an NCAA tournament game they aren't allowed to charge for the broadcast?

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                    Do you think since it's an NCAA tournament game they aren't allowed to charge for the broadcast?
                    Possible, I don't know. Prez just confirmed with the Elmira AD that it is free.

My day has officially been made.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Any Elmira fans fell like going a bit old school and brining news papers for Curry's introduction tonight? It's been a while since I've seen newspapers in the stands while yelling out from behind them. I can't remember the exact order of the chants during the introductions, just "HE'S A SIEVE!!!!!!!" for the goalie.

Comment

And my day just got even better...All postseason games for Elmira AND MIDDLEBURY are FREE!!!So it looks like everyone will be able to watch all matchups FREE of charge this year!
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Any Elmira fans fell like going a bit old school and brining news papers for Curry's introduction tonight? It's been a while since I've seen newspapers in the stands while yelling out from behind them. I can't remember the exact order of the chants during the introductions, just "HE'S A SIEVE!!!!!!!" for the goalie.
                          Who Cares

So What

Who's That

Big Deal

Who's He

He's a Sieve
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Who Cares

So What

Who's That

Big Deal

Who's He

He's a Sieve
                            Why didn't you guys come up with this before I left work where I can easily print them off?

here comes the boss!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Who Cares

So What

Who's That

Big Deal

Who's He

He's a Sieve
                              Tastes Great...Less Filling......wow.... these flashbacks... I'll tell ya
                              2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                              2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
                              2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
                              2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
                              2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                              2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
                              2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
                              2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

Originally posted by jim32 View Post
                                Why didn't you guys come up with this before I left work where I can easily print them off?
                                Sorry. When you have a flash of genius, it just happens

And I think you'll need to update your signature line as well *tear*

Comment

Working...
                                X