X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    thanks.

hopefully UW can sweep. After seeing the box scores of DU-Tech, MSU-Mankato/SCSU, it really shows no-one can be taken for granted/easy points in this league.

Agreed and I hope we close them out tomorrow even though I'd have tix for a game 3. No reason for us to be mucking around in this series. Time to move on. Hopefully.

Comment

Yep, you guys pretty much echo my thoughts, a good but certainly not great performance. I think the goal late in the 1st relaxed things a bit, we were sitting on just 3 SOG for a pretty long stretch there. A shame that Gudmandson's shutout got spoiled. Like you guys said, let's take care of business tonight, and let the other teams worry about OTs and Game 3s and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I didn't say lousy. I think the choices were "lights out" and OK. And I didn't notice Davies playing poorly.

We were better than last week but one telling stat could be 0 for 8 on the PP.
        Wrong. I quoted Gudmanson as a Rock Solid B performance. Get your facts straight.
        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

The wife just changed our plans....we are going to the game tonight....we got tickets online....we will be leaving in an hour or so.....3 hour drive....see you all at the game.....Go Bucky.....
          Yearly College Hockey Trips
          St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
          North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
          Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
          Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
          Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
          Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
          Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
          Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
          St. Cloud - Great Band
          Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

was at the game last night...power play looked out of sync for most of the night. Seemed like the puck was always on edge and bouncing. Goodmanson played decent in my mind. Just need a couple solid games to build my confidence in him again. Overall I thought we played good, Alaska did a good job pluggin up the center of the ice. Hope to finish them off tonight and look good doing it. However if it were to get to a game three, it might be good for the team to play a game where its one and done and see how they respond. Can't complain about a 4-1 win. I can complain about how empty the place was for a playoff game. Do the Fri season ticket holders get the Fri playoff game? The end behind the badger goal was pathetic looking. Tonight should be better, maybe those that traveled to see the basketball team will be back in town tonight. It just amazes me how we are 3rd in the nation and nobody seems to know.

Comment

Did anyone see what exactly happened at the end of the 1st? I was looking at something else and missed the incident, but Clark got a penalty for embellishment?

Comment

so.....I didn't get a chance to listen or watch tonight and it seems there is disagreement on the play of UW.

gudmanson was ok or lousy? key players played poorly, Davies and Stepan?

if so, this is a continuation of last weekend then...good grief
                He was good, he just wasnt the best at catching the puck/freezing the puck.
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Clark and Geofferion were jawing at each other, Geofferion skating backwards, Clark skating toward him. Geofferion shoved Clark in the chest, and Clark acted like he took a 12 ga at point blank range. Dinged Geofferion for the shove, Clark for just looking like an idiot!

Anyone notice PJ can't even get in a fight without screwing it up!!!

Comment

so.....I didn't get a chance to listen or watch tonight and it seems there is disagreement on the play of UW.

gudmanson was ok or lousy? key players played poorly, Davies and Stepan?

if so, this is a continuation of last weekend then...good grief
                    I watched the game on TV and IMO this was NOT a continuation of last weekend at all. They came out flying, hard hits, getting good opportunities, won a large majority of faceoffs. They seemed to cool off after it got to 4-0. Gudmanson was solid. Davies looked good, fast and strong.

The first PP unit stunk but it wasn't from a lack of effort like last weekend. It seemed as if it couldn't figure out Anchorage's defense which took away both the Geoffrion and and B. Smith option. Then Davies and Stepan in particular didn't know what to do. Granted, I was watching this on TV and not in person but that's my take.
                    Go Badgers!

Comment

Something I just noticed in the Bracketology thread. With Bemidji State losing to Niagara, if Niagara wins the CHA tournament and autobid, the NCAA committee might want to place them in Albany to boost attendance. If Niagara is the overall 16th seed, and DU remains #1 in the PWR, that would send DU out East (because the overall #1 is guaranteed to play the #16 I think) and make it easier for UW to get to St. Paul.

The only question is whether or not the AHA or CHA auto bid is #16.
                      Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                        Something I just noticed in the Bracketology thread. With Bemidji State losing to Niagara, if Niagara wins the CHA tournament and autobid, the NCAA committee might want to place them in Albany to boost attendance. If Niagara is the overall 16th seed, and DU remains #1 in the PWR, that would send DU out East (because the overall #1 is guaranteed to play the #16 I think) and make it easier for UW to get to St. Paul.

The only question is whether or not the AHA or CHA auto bid is #16.
                        This comment doesn't really belong in the UAA/UW thread, but there is no way the committee places the #16 seed close to home and then brings the #1 seed along. Denver will get St. Paul. The only way the Badgers will play in the St. Paul regional is if they can pass Denver in the PWR and I don't believe that is mathematically possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
                          This comment doesn't really belong in the UAA/UW thread, but there is no way the committee places the #16 seed close to home and then brings the #1 seed along. Denver will get St. Paul. The only way the Badgers will play in the St. Paul regional is if they can pass Denver in the PWR and I don't believe that is mathematically possible.
                          Not the case. There's a distinct possibility that the committee will choose to cut down on the number of flights they have to dole out to #1 seeds (since they're the only ones that they can control where they get sent due to a need for bracket integrity). Denver has to fly to any of the four locations, while the other likely #1 seeds wouldn't have to fly to their closest location.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Not the case. There's a distinct possibility that the committee will choose to cut down on the number of flights they have to dole out to #1 seeds (since they're the only ones that they can control where they get sent due to a need for bracket integrity). Denver has to fly to any of the four locations, while the other likely #1 seeds wouldn't have to fly to their closest location.
                            I think this is still speculation. I realize Moy has suggested this and a believe I saw a quote by some NCAA official that it may be considered, but the committee's No. 1 rule has been to place the #1 seed closest to home. Taking Denver out of WCHA country and forcing their traveling fans to pay a higher airfare, is fundamentally in conflict with rewarding the #1 seed. I seriously doubt it will happen.

Comment

I think this is still speculation. I realize Moy has suggested this and a believe I saw a quote by some NCAA official that it may be considered, but the committee's No. 1 rule has been to place the #1 seed closest to home. Taking Denver out of WCHA country and forcing their traveling fans to pay a higher airfare, is fundamentally in conflict with rewarding the #1 seed. I seriously doubt it will happen.
                              Bracketology itself is speculation. The concept of "rewarding the #1 seed" is also speculative. Diminishing flights for #1 teams is a stated goal of the committee.

In this case, there is no "close to home" for Denver. That's the way it is. Fortunately, since Denver's not the #1 overall seed, your argument is moot anyway.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Taking Denver out of WCHA country and forcing their traveling fans to pay a higher airfare, is fundamentally in conflict with rewarding the #1 seed. I seriously doubt it will happen.
                                If you ask the 100 travelling Denver fans where they'd like to play, they'd tell you they don't care what city it's in as long as Denver has the best possible bracket for it's seed. In other words, there is very little advantage to our playing in St. Paul or 'WCHA country'.. We may be much better off flying East in terms of bracket, and we'd vastly prefer that than having to play a team like North Dakota or St. CLoud close to their home fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X