Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    UW says the game in to be on Charter Extra channel 87, which I get. All that's on there are stinking infomercials. I think some dope at the Charter office forgot to push the button.

I've been pretty supportive of Charter all year, but I'm p/o'ed right now.
    I have some St Cloud programming on right now

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
      I have some St Cloud programming on right now
      As in a hockey game?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Holy ****! The dope at Charter pushed another wrong button and St/ Cloud is on channel 87. ***.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Holy ****! The dope at Charter pushed another wrong button and St/ Cloud is on channel 87. ***.
          That is charter for ya

Comment

Just got back from the game and these are some things I took from it.

- Davies had an AWFUL game. He made poor decisions with the puck and had a few opportunities to put the puck in the net and fanned on all of them. Was very hesitant on the PP and didn't seem himself. The one goal he did have was the luckiest bounce of the season off of his body.

- Bendickson would be a #1 center on many WCHA teams. Great effort tonight and he will be a key going foward.

- Gudmanson was rock solid besides the last goal that he gave up. Given that the score was 4-0 and less that 1 minute was left, I'll give him a mulligan. UAA didn't put up many quality shots, though....

- UAA was not goonie at all. They played a tough hockey game and only took a few cheap shots. Hopefully they keep up the clean play tomorrow.

- The refs were awful. Only called penalties when they felt like it (typical for the WCHA) and gave UAA a ton of pity penalties to try and keep the game close. Oh well.

- The Badgers had great puck luck tonight. 2 shots hit the post on Goody and 2 Badger goals were off great bounces. We'll take it, but I wouldn't count on that going forward. That said, this game could have been 10-1 if the Badgers took advantage on some point blank opportunities. Hopefully they come through tomorrow.

Good night, Y'all.
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
              - Gudmanson was rock solid besides the last goal that he gave up. Given that the score was 4-0 and less that 1 minute was left, I'll give him a mulligan. UAA didn't put up many quality shots, though....

- UAA was not goonie at all. They played a tough hockey game and only took a few cheap shots. Hopefully they keep up the clean play tomorrow.
              I thought Goody was shaky tonight despite what the results say. He seemed to have trouble gloving the puck as several should have been caught and frozen but were dropped or deflected instead. I believe that the goal they got was a direct result of a play like this.

Some of his rebounds weren't the best either as they bounced too far from our forwards and went all the way to the point. He was beaten cleanly on those two pipes also.

I don't think that he had a bad game, but "rock solid" seems a bit strong to me.

UAH wasn't overly goonie, but they were taking their fair share of jabs and pushes after the play. And #9 is a big time agitator. Tomorrow will be a goon-fest if we get up by a lot.

Stepan was VERY fortunate to not get called for a CFB penalty as that was a very bad play/decision on his part. In addition, he did not have his best night.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I thought Goody was shaky tonight despite what the results say. He seemed to have trouble gloving the puck as several should have been caught and frozen but were dropped or deflected instead. I believe that the goal they got was a direct result of a play like this.

Some of his rebounds weren't the best either as they bounced too far from our forwards and went all the way to the point. He was beaten cleanly on those two pipes also.

I don't think that he had a bad game, but "rock solid" seems a bit strong to me.

UAH wasn't overly goonie, but they were taking their fair share of jabs and pushes after the play. And #9 is a big time agitator. Tomorrow will be a goon-fest if we get up by a lot.

Stepan was VERY fortunate to not get called for a CFB penalty as that was a very bad play/decision on his part. In addition, he did not have his best night.
                I took the glass half full view on Goody's performance. Sure, he gave up rebounds on pucks that he couldn't glove, but all of them but one he stuck with and ended up making the save. The last one was in the last minute when he was probably thinking about which girl he was bringing home tonight. I'd give him a B on his performance tonight which in my mind is rock solid.

Comment

UW says the game in to be on Charter Extra channel 87, which I get. All that's on there are stinking infomercials. I think some dope at the Charter office forgot to push the button.

I've been pretty supportive of Charter all year, but I'm p/o'ed right now.
                  You didn't miss much. the picture was absolutly terrible, you couldn't see hardly any lines on the ice, the players were blurry and the brutal camera man couldn't' follow the play. Good win for UW but a terrible broadcast.
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                    You didn't miss much. the picture was absolutly terrible, you couldn't see hardly any lines on the ice, the players were blurry and the brutal camera man couldn't' follow the play. Good win for UW but a terrible broadcast.
                    You guys should have came out to the KC. The attendance was only 11,000 tonight.

Comment

• Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      I watched your game against Minnesota on Sunday, and the Badgers did plenty of gooning it up. If it happens this weekend, that is unfortunate, but it won't be all UAA causing it.
                      Thats because it was Minnesota. To say that the Badgers and Gophers are on, "unfriendly terms" would be putting it VERY mildly.
                      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                      Originally posted by MadCityRich
                      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        that doesn't make any sense.
                        Especially considering that I used to live about 30 miles south of Madison and most of the home games were either on channel 14 or were replaying at 10 or 11pm on PBS.
                        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...031210aac.html
                          The No. 3 Wisconsin men's hockey team (23-9-4, 17-8-3 WCHA) won the opening game, 4-1, of the best-of-three series against Alaska Anchorage (11-22-2, 9-17-2 WCHA) Friday night in the Kohl Center. All four Wisconsin goals were scored by different Badgers in the opening-round victory.

Comment

so.....I didn't get a chance to listen or watch tonight and it seems there is disagreement on the play of UW.

gudmanson was ok or lousy? key players played poorly, Davies and Stepan?

if so, this is a continuation of last weekend then...good grief
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              so.....I didn't get a chance to listen or watch tonight and it seems there is disagreement on the play of UW.

gudmanson was ok or lousy? key players played poorly, Davies and Stepan?

if so, this is a continuation of last weekend then...good grief
                              I didn't say lousy. I think the choices were "lights out" and OK. And I didn't notice Davies playing poorly.

We were better than last week but one telling stat could be 0 for 8 on the PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I didn't say lousy. I think the choices were "lights out" and OK. And I didn't notice Davies playing poorly.

We were better than last week but one telling stat could be 0 for 8 on the PP.
                                thanks.

hopefully UW can sweep. After seeing the box scores of DU-Tech, MSU-Mankato/SCSU, it really shows no-one can be taken for granted/easy points in this league.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X