WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

All I know is that I was happy to be doing demolition that day, because I was able to take out my frustration over the game on the walls and ceilings I was tearing out.
    Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Hello, elephant in the room.
      Was anyone afraid to admit that? I thought it was assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        UAA was trying to pick a lot of fights in the last series so "gooning it up" wouldn't surprise me. I, myself, would prefer some good hockey this weekend, though, win or lose.
        Yeah, I would've preferred some good hockey on Sunday but Wisconsin was just too good to provide it.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Yeah, I would've preferred some good hockey on Sunday but Wisconsin was just too good to provide it.

Oooooooo, kick in the onions! Happy birthday anyway, ya $*&@#$ ?<#@!#%$

EDIT: No kiss emoticon?
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Johnson is playing because of his name.
            So should we change Turnbull's name to Podge Johnson and have Mark adopt him?
            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I agree 100%. Over the course of the season, I would say UW hasn't been a gooney team. I have no idea why they decided to goon it up like a bunch of terds Sunday instead of spanking the little rodent butts. Let the scoreboard do the talking. It was embarrassing. I'd love to hear Eaves on why his team acted like that.
              It was like they were all in a bad mood or something. Everyone has those days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and just are ornery. Seemed like the whole team was like that. It was embarrassing. Very uncharacteristic of this team. I'm going to listen to the Badger Hockey Hour tonight to hear what Eaves has to say.
              Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                So should we change Turnbull's name to Podge Johnson and have Mark adopt him?
                That was actually quite funny.

Hi Folks! Just dropping in to make my bi-monthly post about why PJ is playing over PT. Why this falls to me?.... Next week can somebody else make something up?

At any rate- In the first MN series, Podge was at best, poor, and in the loss (which I sat right behind the bench for) he just looked completely lost out there. Subsequently PJ got the nod and immediately had a couple of really good games. I believe I recall Eaves making a few positive comments regarding PJ's play in the press at the time. A bad weekend for Podge followed by a good weekend for PJ and Patty becomes the guy. Podge apparently hasn't been able to do enough in practice to show he's a much better option and dislodge the incumbent thus far, and as has been said, Eaves isn't going to shake up the roster going into the post season. Which I think is wise.

Incidently, I seriously doubt the fact that Murray Eaves hasn't been seen publicly since entering a black limousine with Mark Johnson outside the Shattuck front gate in early November means anything.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

For those of us stuck in Alaska, the games will be on GCI channel 1 at 4 pm, but they are listed for only Friday and Saturday. If there is a third game, I hope they pick it up.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I watched your game against Minnesota on Sunday, and the Badgers did plenty of gooning it up. If it happens this weekend, that is unfortunate, but it won't be all UAA causing it.
                    Yeah i don't know what the hell that was but it prob. hasn't been a very easy week of practice for bucky after that, that much i know...
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                      It was like they were all in a bad mood or something. Everyone has those days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and just are ornery. Seemed like the whole team was like that. It was embarrassing. Very uncharacteristic of this team. I'm going to listen to the Badger Hockey Hour tonight to hear what Eaves has to say.
                      What did he end up saying last night about it?? anybody listen to it?
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        I'm sure it was because the team was frustrated. That always makes the guys play more physical, and they don't always play with their emotions in check. Happens to all teams.
                        At that point, they had nothing to be frustrated about. It was 1 to 1, they were controlling the play, then they just decided to play like a bunch of Marvins, well not quite that gooney.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What's the over-under on Clark starting a bench brawl or fight with the top line after we get swept?

Comment

If I remember correctly, one of the scrums the first time around was initiated by Bennett tripping somebody (or being accused of doing so). Luckily we won't have to worry about that this time around.

Comment

History repeats itself and Alaska takes the series to make another Final 5 appearance.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                                History repeats itself and Alaska takes the series to make another Final 5 appearance.
                                what history is that actually???
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X