X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
    Hey Ken, completely empty is not accurate! That is a slap in the face to the players that were at RPI for four years. Let's blame Coach Appert's lack of success on Fridgen scraps! (Croxton, Lange, McDonald, Eizenman) If it were completely empty, the 2005-2006 record would have been worse.
    Croxton never played for Appert. MacDonald wouldn't have if he hadn't had cancer. Eizenman, like MacDonald, had one year. Mathias Lange set a school record for losses in a career.

So yes, "Ken" (not his name) was accurate.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I have been reading these posts all day, and I'm still not sure why we are talking about Fridgen.
      He has been gone for four years now. Let it go.
      I have some questions about this team, and I think that they are all resolved with the youth of our talent.
      Anyone who thinks that this was not a successful season has to have his head examined.
      We almost doubled our win total for last year. Add to that the number of one goal losses, and you can see that we are thisclose to a 25 to 30 win season.
      I am not happy that we have lost all of the games that seemed to be "must wins" this season.
      The loss to Union in the tournament, the loss in the Freakout, the loss to Colgate, and last night.
      With the exception of the Freakout, we were in all of those games. And just maybe a little more experience from our talented players, we might have won all the rest.
      We are on the right track, and I can't wait for next year to begin.
      Don't forget that two of our talented players from last year had disappointing seasons. Cullen and Helfrich have an opportunity to come back strong next year, and there is no reason to believe that they can't come back.
      Even without the talented recruits, this team is ready to bring their game to the next level.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

I cannot wait to be able to follow the RPI threads on a more regular basis...it's like reading a history book and feeling the passion of the writer who did the research on the topic...you guys teach me something every time I read and I needd the time to go back through the threads and weave it all together.

Is there an archive? A 'best of' series? The last thing I want to have happen is to have Red Cloud rip me a new one when I come up with a bone headed uninformed comment...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          Is there an archive? A 'best of' series? The last thing I want to have happen is to have Red Cloud rip me a new one when I come up with a bone headed uninformed comment...
          Babo, I can dig where you're coming from. I know you won't act as though you know something for sure when in reality it's not true.

Sorry we didn't get to meet this season. Next year!
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I cannot wait to be able to follow the RPI threads on a more regular basis...it's like reading a history book and feeling the passion of the writer who did the research on the topic...you guys teach me something every time I read and I needd the time to go back through the threads and weave it all together.

I think some of the folks here would be happy to give you a bit of a break. We at least know you're new to everything here.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I don't think that there is a "best of" series, but you could probably filter on RPI in the search tool and look through those posts. I'm sure you'll find something interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Croxton never played for Appert. MacDonald wouldn't have if he hadn't had cancer. Eizenman, like MacDonald, had one year. Mathias Lange set a school record for losses in a career.

So yes, "Ken" (not his name) was accurate.
                Since you are comparing players under different coaches, who have different systems, then the players performance is tough to evaluate purely from a statistical perspective. For example, Lange might have faired better in a system with more emphasis on team D.
                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I don't think that there is a "best of" series, but you could probably filter on RPI in the search tool and look through those posts. I'm sure you'll find something interesting.
                  Thanks FD08...I am still learning the ropes...

Comment

Fridgen's biggest injury loss was Valentin blowing his knee out in December. Forced to play Kipp who assisted on two St Lawrence goals and knocked RPI out of home ice and a long playoff run. We know what happened to Kipp in the Appert rein. With Valentin in they may have had an NCAA bid. That being said the cupboard was bare which you can see from point totals for the seniors the last few years. Kerins had a great year but was the only O senior.

Comment

Where was Helfrich this weekend? Was he hurt?
                      Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                        Where was Helfrich this weekend? Was he hurt?
                        Healthy scratch in Games 2 and 3.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

Sorry we didn't get to meet this season. Next year!
                          Absolutely...we don't know yet when Big Red will be there...but we'll be there for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Of course it will also bring up posts about the Rating Percentage Index, of which there are a lot, especially this time of year.

I would suggest searching for threads with RPI in the title rather than searching for a post containing the letter sequence RPI.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As you follow along and contribute-you will find that there are posters with all sorts of historical perspectives. Ralph and I have been following this team since the early to mid 60's. Some others have also been following for a long time. Others are more recent additions. But one thing is certain, all are passionate about RPI hockey. Many of us consider these boys like family and we rise and fall with them. It is our passion and we feel all the highs and lows.You will also find that most of the posters do their homework-this is about the most knowledgable group of college hockey fans that you could find anywhere. But sometimes, we do get a little carried away.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                I have been away for a while but following developments closely. I must admit that I have mixed emotions about RPI's exit. Selfishly, I did not relish another Union - RPI showdown though I have no doubt that it would have been great hockey, regardless of the outcome. On the other hand, particularly over the course of this season, I have come to greatly respect and appreciate the RPI program and particularly its fans who are knowledgeable, loyal and perhaps above all, passionate about their team. So from an outsider, try to take solace in all of the positives and look forward to good days ahead.
                                This.

For the Appert doubters: coaching changes, especially when bringing in a rookie coach take years to bear fruits. Nate Leaman's first few years at Union were a disaster, but he's developed far beyond my early expectations both tactically and in recruiting. Give it at most 2 more years and RPI will get to Atlantic City and maybe further.

Comment

Working...
                                X