X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
    This confuses me...he has not had a good season yet, we just lost our recruiting coach, attendance has been pathetic, he had more than enough talent this past season with a junior/senior defense core + player of the year + 2nd best goalie in the league + rookie of the year...which all amounted to 6th place in a weak league and a first round loss to a first year head coach.
    Sure the team showed glimpses of brilliance, but they had more games where they were just not good.
    Ask anyone around campus about hockey and they'll tell you "I don't go because the team is bad".
    I've been excited about every single year knowing how good the players are and how good the recruits are, but the result has been the same every year...will more talent even help? will we even get more talent? will another year of experience for Jerry + Pirri help or will they end up like AAG + Cullen playing mediocre hockey for most of the season and only really showing up for a couple games
    As a good player would you want to go to a team that is academically challenging, gets low attendance, hasn't showed any ability to win, and has a coach that is young and has openly blamed/insulted his players for losing games?
    So theres basically reason to believe that Jerry might only play one more year, same with Pirri, and that Laliberte may not come. So now...explain.

I'm open to opinions, please tell me why he deserves that large of an extension at this point. We should also keep in mind that Yale's coach came in the same time as Appert...look what hes done. Or how about what Leaman has done with significantly less talent.
    Persuade me without saying 'our recruits are good' or 'we have talented players', because we did last year and even the year before. Enlighten me on why Appert is such a great coach despite the team making the same mistakes all year long and losing to teams that were not good or teams that were playing without most of their best players
    Don't trip on the Approach steps on your way to Schenectady.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
      This confuses me...he has not had a good season yet, we just lost our recruiting coach, attendance has been pathetic, he had more than enough talent this past season with a junior/senior defense core + player of the year + 2nd best goalie in the league + rookie of the year...which all amounted to 6th place in a weak league and a first round loss to a first year head coach.
      Sure the team showed glimpses of brilliance, but they had more games where they were just not good.
      Ask anyone around campus about hockey and they'll tell you "I don't go because the team is bad".
      I've been excited about every single year knowing how good the players are and how good the recruits are, but the result has been the same every year...will more talent even help? will we even get more talent? will another year of experience for Jerry + Pirri help or will they end up like AAG + Cullen playing mediocre hockey for most of the season and only really showing up for a couple games
      As a good player would you want to go to a team that is academically challenging, gets low attendance, hasn't showed any ability to win, and has a coach that is young and has openly blamed/insulted his players for losing games?
      So theres basically reason to believe that Jerry might only play one more year, same with Pirri, and that Laliberte may not come. So now...explain.

I'm open to opinions, please tell me why he deserves that large of an extension at this point. We should also keep in mind that Yale's coach came in the same time as Appert...look what hes done. Or how about what Leaman has done with significantly less talent.
      Persuade me without saying 'our recruits are good' or 'we have talented players', because we did last year and even the year before. Enlighten me on why Appert is such a great coach despite the team making the same mistakes all year long and losing to teams that were not good or teams that were playing without most of their best players
      Problems are created solely by false thinking-unawareness-ignorance. Problems cannot be solved by trying to fix the outcome but the thought process is where true change begins. Change requires an open mind-with an open mind all things are then possible.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Don't trip on the Approach steps on your way to Schenectady.
        I'll pay for one-way cab fare.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
          Problems are created solely by false thinking-unawareness-ignorance. Problems cannot be solved by trying to fix the outcome but the thought process is where true change begins. Change requires an open mind-with an open mind all things are then possible.
          Confucius, is that you ?
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            New 2010 recruit according to Chris Heisenberg

Johnny Rogic-RC Alberni Valley (BCHL) 6' 185 11-14-90 RPI 59-18-29-47-36 40-4-7-11-34

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=387460

That was unexpected. More to follow.
            Interesting. Even though I posted that I thought we'd see a surprise kid or two, Rogic is a surprise. Sounds like Monty landed one more kid onhis way out the door. I like the fact that we've got one of Nolan Graham's players.

I knew Seth has been out west, but didn't know the trip was this fruitful.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-07-2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

AC Bryan Vines will be one of the coaches working at the USJDP camp in Denver this June.

http://usjdp.com/index.php?topic=Sta...%20Staff&col=3

Comment

Rogic scores an overtime goal (about 55 second mark) splitting the defense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzPCyticMI

Edit: Another goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0yrjDKvF50
                Clutch goal...pretty too.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                  G Burgdoerfer had 3 goals as a freshman on a very good Air Force team that went to the frozen eight ( can I say that) with a lot of upper class scoring. He may be a pleasant surprise in the points dept. I also look for Lee to have a good second year. He started off the season impressively from reports all over the ice but then got hurt. Look for him to live up to billing. Tyler H should be healthy and hopefully can put up big numbers next season.
                  I agree about Greg. B. and would add that he spent this season practicing with the team so there won't be a learning curve for him this fall.

Comment

Post 657?
                    Shoulda known...been traveling and haven't been keeping up on the thread...

Comment

Does anyone know how many spaces there are in the locker room?
                      Defencemen will dress in the hallway..

Comment

Re a replacement for Montgomery: how about Mark Jooris?

My gut feeling is that SA knew for quite a while that Monty was leaving or at least looking to leave. This would explain why we apparently had no interest in Josh Jooris as it would have created a bit of an awkward situation. Mark has shown an ability to coach in his one season in Burlington, but it isn't clear how he would like being on the recruiting trail. Also, he is quite a bit older than SA.

Just a thought, not based on any knowledge about what is going on.
                        IIRC, Jooris has also specialized in teaching face-off technique as a coach... that wouldn't suck. I have no idea who Seth would like to hire, but am willing to bet he will be to talking about the job in Detroit at the FF.
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-07-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

On Wednesday, the Indiana Ice lost to the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders 6-0. Nick Bailen had no points or penalties, but he did lead the team with 6 SOGs. Indiana trails in the best-of-five playoff series 1-0. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1250422

Bailen's line is now 1-0-0-0-0.
                          His total is 59-14-27-41-97.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-10-2010, 01:31 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                            Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        50-62-48-110- 34
                                                     Playoffs                     12- 3- 6-  9-  2 season over
                                                     Total                        62-65-54-119- 36
                            Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   48-22-34- 56- 82
                                                     Playoffs                     17- 6-12- 18- 16 season over
                                                     Total                        65-28-46- 74- 98
                            Johnny Rogic          RC Alberni Vly Bulldogs (BCHL)  59-18-29- 47- 36
                                                     Playoffs                     13- 6- 4- 10-  8 season over
                                                     Total                        72-24-33- 57- 44
                            Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         59-23-22- 45- 69
                                                     Playoffs                      3- 0- 1-  1-  2 season over
                                                     Total                        62-23-23- 46- 71
                            Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           58-14-27- 41- 97
                                                     Playoffs                      1- 0- 0-  0-  0 04/09/10
                                                     Total                        59-14-27- 41- 97
                            Guy Leboeuf           LD Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        62-10-19- 29- 66
                                                     Playoffs                     12- 1- 5-  6- 12 season over    
                                                     Total                        74-11-24- 35- 78
                            Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                                     Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  27- 5- 6- 11- 20
                                                     Playoffs                      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 season over    
                                                     Total                        37- 7-13- 20- 26
                            Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

2010 or 2011
                            Luke Curadi           LD Penticton Vees (BCHL)        58- 7-10- 17- 98
                                                     Playoffs                     16- 0- 1-  1- 22 season over
                                                     Total                        74- 7-11- 18-120
                            Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    50- 5-28- 33- 42
                                                     Playoffs                     12- 0- 1-  1- 16 season over
                                                     Total                        62- 5-29- 34- 58

2010 women
                            Toni Sanders           F Susquehanna Rapids U19 Red   34-53- 9- 62- 42 season over
                                                     West York HS Boys Team       18-27-19- 46-  ? season over
                                                     Total                        52-80-28-108-  ?
                            Missy Mankey           F Hopkins HS Minnetonka MN     31-15-10- 25- 28 season over
                            Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              30-22-16- 38-  6 season over?
                            Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           22- 1- 9- 10- 50 04/08/10 missing several games
                            Nona Letuligasenoa     D NAHA White                    ?- ?- ?-  ?-  ? season over
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-08-2010, 06:07 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 April 2010. There are 183 days (6 months or a half year) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-08-2010, 01:09 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chase Polacek was named to InCH's 2nd team All-American: http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...nchaa_2010.htm
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X