This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

I am staying out of this whole discussion-I have my own feelings about it but until something firmly on paper either way-all the speculation is pointless. I just want this kid in Troy next year very badly!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I am staying out of this whole discussion-I have my own feelings about it but until something firmly on paper either way-all the speculation is pointless. I just want this kid in Troy next year very badly!!
      I'm exactly the same way, DrD, and the last word was, he was coming. Until it's definitively put down that he's not, he is.

Is it possible that he won't? Of course. Nothing's set in stone. But the more "I heards" that I hear, the louder my bull**** meter goes off. We had the same thing happen last season and both of the subjects in question showed up.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I'm exactly the same way, DrD, and the last word was, he was coming. Until it's definitively put down that he's not, he is.

Is it possible that he won't? Of course. Nothing's set in stone. But the more "I heards" that I hear, the louder my bull**** meter goes off. We had the same thing happen last season and both of the subjects in question showed up.
        Well its not bull**** when the guy who has coached the kid for the past 2 seasons kicks the door wide open about what his intentions are for next season. I am on record as being more than tired of this saga....no angst here for me...just fatigue.

If JL wanted to, he could end all of the whispers right now by telling the S-F reporter he fully intends to come to RPI...much like Jerry's dad last year. The fact that he has not done so - for whatever reason - has led people to speculate as to his intentions and/or his ability to attend RPI.

Until we hear something definitive, or we see his name in the locator, this game will continue whether any of us like it or not.
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Im at the point now where I dont care if JL shows up or not. If he does great if he doesnt oh well. I want kids coming to RPI that actually want to be here. I also dont want the NCAA breathing down our necks because one of our players scooted by to get into RPI.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
            He should be student enough to qualify to get into RPI, that's basically all I care about. I'm wondering if that bar is able to be reached in this situation...
            As far as the NCAA is concerned, from the limited research I've done on the academic clearinghouse, the lower your GPA for you 16 core courses is, the higher your test scores need to be. Of course RPI's bar is higher than these...how high for stud recruits? Anyone's guess.

Also, an interesting tidbit about how student-athletes proceed throught the system:
            "...Students who have their status requested by an NCAA institution are prioritized by the Eligibility Center for processing. If a student's eligibility status is never requested by a member institution, the Eligibility Center may not process such a student's status. "

RB is right - if JL did indeed take the SAT in March, it quite possible/likely that the clearinghouse has not yet received his test scores yet... RPI may not have asked for his status yet.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Well its not bull**** when the guy who has coached the kid for the past 2 seasons kicks the door wide open about what his intentions are for next season. I am on record as being more than tired of this saga....no angst here for me...just fatigue.

If JL wanted to, he could end all of the whispers right now by telling the S-F reporter he fully intends to come to RPI...much like Jerry's dad last year. The fact that he has not done so - for whatever reason - has led people to speculate as to his intentions and/or his ability to attend RPI.
              I am not arguing that the speculation is groundless. I'm arguing that all of these whispers are freaking stupid.

I'm actually with fishcore on this one. I want to see him in Troy, but if he doesn't want to come, I'm shrugging my shoulders at this point.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

.... I want to see him in Troy, but if he doesn't want to come, I'm shrugging my shoulders at this point.
                Agreed

Comment

Vees blog did their final Coach's Corner of the season. Lots of rehash of the season, but no mention of Curadi or others with eligibility remaining. It does appear that the B.R.O. ended up in a tie with Logan Johnston for the Rock Hard Hits Award with 12 apiece.

http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/

Comment

Today is 6 April 2010. There are 185 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Are you buying what "I heard?"
                      It was on the internet -- it must be true.

I too am getting very tired of the JL saga but want to have him play for RPI. I am pretty convinced that the primary problem all along has been academics and everything now probably depends on how he did in the SATs -- assuming that he did take them. If he did well enough to pass the clearinghouse and RPI admissions, he'll be in Troy. If not, I've may have added 1000 posts to my total over the last two years about him.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-06-2010, 03:24 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Speculation has gotten me into trouble. My feelings about the whole matter is that if he comes, OK. If he doesn't, that's OK too; I think we can manage. I won't bet either way, I'll just be patient for any entries made to the directory.

Comment

Maybe we need to get Ralph, Red Cloud and the Doc together and go pick up JL from Cornwall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7a_g...eature=related
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Supposedly, the NHL CSB final rankings are due out tomorrow. I wonder if Luke Curadi and/or anyone else associated with RPI will appear.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              Maybe we need to get Ralph, Red Cloud and the Doc together and go pick up JL from Cornwall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7a_g...eature=related
                              Just send RC. I think that he could relate better to JL due to his age. Also, I have forgotten any French that I once knew.

Seriously, I still think that the primary problem is whether he did well enough on his SATs, assuming that he actually took them.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Seriously, I still think that the primary problem is whether he did well enough on his SATs, assuming that he actually took them.
                                I think your spot on about this, if JL wanted to play MJ's he would have signed with Gatineau this past fall. By him not playing in the Q this year, it leads me to believe that he still plans on attending RPI. Of course things could change but until I hear otherwise I still expect him to show up in Troy.

How many times are you allowed to take the SAT's by the way?

Comment

Working...
                                X