X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He is also interested in winning.
    Undoubtedly, but I think if you ask most college coaches they're equally interested in developing talent. Each stop on the way up the ladder is filled with folks that aren't going to advance to the next level, but for the ones that will, coaches below the NHL are hoping to see their guys succeed at the next level and aren't going to shed too many tears when they see them move on at such time as they are ready.

I'm willing to bet George Gwozdecky, right now, is more proud of Patrick Wiercoch and Joe Colborne than he is worried about next season.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      With it looking like the Rangers will miss the NHL playoffs I will have no sports to follow-unless I want to watch baseball and fall asleep for a few hours
      I don't want to start NHL banter on here, but I have to reply that the Rangers are two points behind 8th place Philly, who has played one more game than the Rangers, with 2 remaining Rangers-Flyers games left. The Rangers control their own destiny with 4 games left while on a 5-0-1 roll and while the primary team team they are fighting with for a playoff spot is on a 2-8-2 roll. I wouldn't give up just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Not seeing him listed with Carr and Leboeuf as definite players graduating from the Colts this year has me a little concerned. I hope he can get things worked out soon, what ever the problem/hold up might be and show up in Troy ready to play some hockey this fall.
        Im being told he hasn't passed the clearinghouse yet and may have not even taken SAT yet. His best buddy Quellette is going overseas to play next season and they love playing together so who knows. Also heard that Major junior may be his destination for next season. Hearing more about options that don't include the word RPI!

Comment

Originally posted by 1timer View Post
          Im being told he hasn't passed the clearinghouse yet and may have not even taken SAT yet. His best buddy Quellette is going overseas to play next season and they love playing together so who knows. Also heard that Major junior may be his destination for next season. Hearing more about options that don't include the word RPI!
          But are you hearing about the RPI option also?

Edit: He supposedly took the SATs in March. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that you can pass the clearinghouse without SAT results. If he hasn't gotten the results back, he thus couldn't have passed the clearinghouse. I can see that a potential recruit couldn't get past RPI's admissions, but I don't think that RPI would make an offer to someone who couldn't pass the clearinghouse. RPI's admissions must be significantly stricter.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-05-2010, 01:05 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Laliberte is a '90 while Carr and Leboeuf are '89s. Thus, the latter two can't play Junior hockey anymore and are described as graduating while JL can go back to Cornwall for one more year. I would expect Cornwall's coach to want him to return.

Hopefully, SA is turning on the hard sell.
            My fear here is that perhaps JL is more athlete than student-athlete.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              My fear here is that perhaps JL is more athlete than student-athlete.
              Quite possible, but what does the ratio of student to athlete have to be? I am sure that many RPI hockey players enjoyed playing hockey more than going to class.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                That's probably a good point about the possible effect on JL of Monty's departure. Heck if he's really that concerned though, maybe we can get him and Curadi together in Dubuque next season.
                Typically poor reporting by the S-F mentioning LeBoeuf heading for RPI, but failing to mention JL's RPI commitment there. Can't say as I'm surprised though.

The USHL is not out of the realm of possibility, given the bond that Monty has forged with the forwards he has brought in. This might be more likely in a scenario where JL is still intent on playing for RPI but his SAT's not being where they need to be. As usual, more questions than answers.

Laliberte was treading water in the CJHL this year, if he were to return next season, he'd simply be mailing it in...as he would not be challenged by the level of play. As a competitive athlete, he should not be at all interested in another season with the Colts. I agree with posters here have said MacInnis shouldn't want JL back, if he is remotely interested in developing kids.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I don't have a membership, but based on this search result, USHR reports that Monty has an assistant in Dubuque:

"...Boston Rangers Midget AAA head coach Bobby Kinsella is returning to the USHL, having hired on as an assistant to head coach Jim Montgomery with the Dubuque ..."
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'm still refusing to get hot and bothered over "I heard." That's all we've ever got is "I heard, I heard, I heard." The Standard-Freeloader is better than "I heard."

You know what "I heard?" I heard the world's going to end tomorrow. What's your reaction going to be to that?

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
                      I don't want to start NHL banter on here, but I have to reply that the Rangers are two points behind 8th place Philly, who has played one more game than the Rangers, with 2 remaining Rangers-Flyers games left. The Rangers control their own destiny with 4 games left while on a 5-0-1 roll and while the primary team team they are fighting with for a playoff spot is on a 2-8-2 roll. I wouldn't give up just yet.
                      I am not got my tickets for friday and a steak at Smith and Wollensky with a cold one at PJ Clarkes after the Rangers win

Comment

You know what "I heard?" I heard the world's going to end tomorrow. What's your reaction going to be to that?
                        December 2012.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          December 2012.

You are watching to much history channel

Comment

I won't have to buy you are beer?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quite possible, but what does the ratio of student to athlete have to be? I am sure that many RPI hockey players enjoyed playing hockey more than going to class.
                              He should be student enough to qualify to get into RPI, that's basically all I care about. I'm wondering if that bar is able to be reached in this situation.

Terrible, baseless speculation here and all.
                              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I won't have to buy you are beer?
                                Are you buying what "I heard?"

Comment

Working...
                                X