X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Amazing-Ralph combines 2 threads-and it gets incredibly quiet in here.
    It sure is.

MTU's offseason thread has passed us in total posts although it was inevitable.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It sure is.

MTU's offseason thread has passed us in total posts although it was inevitable.
      With it looking like the Rangers will miss the NHL playoffs I will have no sports to follow-unless I want to watch baseball and fall asleep for a few hours
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

By By Monty you have opened a lot of doors for SA you will surely be missed!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          With it looking like the Rangers will miss the NHL playoffs I will have no sports to follow-unless I want to watch baseball and fall asleep for a few hours
          Dr D the Ranger baby still has a heart beat

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
            Dr D the Ranger baby still has a heart beat
            But they are on life suport They have to pass or catch Philly and/or Boston who have a somewaht easier schedule left.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

First Fran McCaffery now Monty. What is with these midwestern tall corn producers? They can't develope their own???? They need to steal ours!

Comment

Today is 5 April 2010. There are 186 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                  First Fran McCaffery now Monty. What is with these midwestern tall corn producers? They can't develope their own???? They need to steal ours!
                  Its only a matter of time before an assistant coach wants to test his abilities in a head coach position. As for Fran he was smart to get out before it gets bad. But thats basketball and this is a hockey forum so unless Siena becomes the next D-I school to have hockey we will just move along
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2519988
                    As for the Colts' outlook, there are only a few certainties-- veteran graduating players will include goalie Doug Carr (UMass-Lowell) and defenceman Guy Leboeuf (RPI Engineers).

"We've got a few guys who are graduating, and we don't know about (captain Jacob Laliberte),'' MacInnis said. "Really, I won't know what's going on until we get into our post-season meetings. Obviously, we will have a lot of guys who are (eligible to) return.''
                    It's really hard to believe that he would spend yet another year in the CJHL, but obvously he could go somewhere else also.

(There are a couple of other new Cornwall articles in today's paper, but nothing else relevant to us.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2519988 It's really hard to believe that he would spend yet another year in the CJHL, but obvously he could go somewhere else also.
                      Not seeing him listed with Carr and Leboeuf as definite players graduating from the Colts this year has me a little concerned. I hope he can get things worked out soon, what ever the problem/hold up might be and show up in Troy ready to play some hockey this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Not seeing him listed with Carr and Leboeuf as definite players graduating from the Colts this year has me a little concerned. I hope he can get things worked out soon, what ever the problem/hold up might be and show up in Troy ready to play some hockey this fall.
                        Laliberte is a '90 while Carr and Leboeuf are '89s. Thus, the latter two can't play Junior hockey anymore and are described as graduating while JL can go back to Cornwall for one more year. I would expect Cornwall's coach to want him to return.

Hopefully, SA is turning on the hard sell.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Laliberte is a '90 while Carr and Leboeuf are '89s. Thus, the latter two can't play Junior hockey anymore and are described as graduating while JL can go back to Cornwall for one more year. I would expect Cornwall's coach to want him to return.

Im also wondering what if any affect Montys departure from RPI has on the JL situation. Im sure he had a pretty big part in recruiting him.

Like you said I really cant see him spending another season in the CJHL. If he was going to spend another year in juniors I would like to see him playing in the USHL.

Comment

Sounds like typical mealy-mouthing to me. What kind of player with Laliberte's skill is still playing juniors as a 20 year old? I'm willing to bet it's a case of the Standard-Freeloader just saying "well, we know these guys are out of here, but these guys could all technically be back."

Staying in the CJHL at this point would be treading water. He's got to be off to the next level next season.

If Cornwall's coach is interested in developing players, he wouldn't want Laliberte back.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                              Im also wondering what if any affect Montys departure from RPI has on the JL situation. Im sure he had a pretty big part in recruiting him.

Like you said I really cant see him spending another season in the CJHL. If he was going to spend another year in juniors I would like to see him playing in the USHL.
                              That's probably a good point about the possible effect on JL of Monty's departure. Heck if he's really that concerned though, maybe we can get him and Curadi together in Dubuque next season.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Sounds like typical mealy-mouthing to me. What kind of player with Laliberte's skill is still playing juniors as a 20 year old? I'm willing to bet it's a case of the Standard-Freeloader just saying "well, we know these guys are out of here, but these guys could all technically be back."

Staying in the CJHL at this point would be treading water. He's got to be off to the next level next season.

If Cornwall's coach is interested in developing players, he wouldn't want Laliberte back.
                                He is also interested in winning. I certainly agree that he would be treading water there next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X