This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

I'm sure that SA has a couple of people in mind to take Monty's place. I would think he'd be looking for someone with a similar amount of experience as Monty, particularly in the recruiting phase. Barr, and Broad, while both guys are familiar with RPI, are not quite ready to be #1 assistants. Can only wish coach Monty the best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Totally agree. Now the question is who does SA bring in to replace Monty?
      Red Cloud.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        It says that Monty did not give an indication in either direction. Are we assuming he's leaving because they actually offered him the job and you don't offer it without it being a known acceptance, or because we expect him to hold a press conference for himself, or what?

I'm just confused how the headline says "RPI assistant leaving" and the article clearly states that he has not said he is leaving.

Again, the optimist in me. Those with more knowledge and insight, feel free to teach me in the ways of shady back-door hirings and assistant coaches being scurried away to other leagues.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Seems like a good news/bad news situation.
          Good news it that we have an advocate in the USHL that might influence recruits towards Troy NY.
          The bad news, we have lost one great recruiter who will be difficult to replace.
          I am sure that SA has his network going full blast. He has hired great assistants up to now, and there is no reason to think that he will not bring in a suitable replacement.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            It says that Monty did not give an indication in either direction. Are we assuming he's leaving because they actually offered him the job and you don't offer it without it being a known acceptance, or because we expect him to hold a press conference for himself, or what?

I'm just confused how the headline says "RPI assistant leaving" and the article clearly states that he has not said he is leaving.

Again, the optimist in me. Those with more knowledge and insight, feel free to teach me in the ways of shady back-door hirings and assistant coaches being scurried away to other leagues.
            Trust us, he's leaving.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Trust us, he's leaving.
              Yes this
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 2 April 2010. There are 189 days (27 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

By my calculation, RPI's lifetime record is 947-827-106 for a .532 winning percentage. The 'Tute has exactly 2000 standings points. In my optimistic mode, the 1000th win will occur in the 2011-12 season. Pessimistically, a year later.

We also have scored 7911 goals and given up 6986, so we should reach 8000 and 7000, respectively this season.

Corrections appreciated.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

By my calculation, RPI's lifetime record is 947-827-106 for a .532 winning percentage. The 'Tute has exactly 2000 standings points. In my optimistic mode, the 1000th win will occur in the 2011-12 season. Pessimistically, a year later.

We also have scored 7911 goals and given up 6986, so we should reach 8000 and 7000, respectively this season.

Corrections appreciated.
                    I don't think anyone else on here has the patience to actually go through every RPI game in history to gather this data. I know I trust you.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I don't think anyone else on here has the patience to actually go through every RPI game in history to gather this data. I know I trust you.
                      Actually, I made an Excel spreadsheet about 10 years ago from data on Kurt Stutt's site and update it whenever I think of it.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Corrections appreciated.
                        RB: I am assuming that these totals do contain some games that would now be called exhibitions in current terminology. Back in the 60's some of these stats probably contain games against Canadian schools that would not be counted now.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          RB: I am assuming that these totals do contain some games that would now be called exhibitions in current terminology. Back in the 60's some of these stats probably contain games against Canadian schools that would not be counted now.
                          Most definitely it does count those games, but all teams did that at one time. There are also many games vs. D-III schools, one against Penn's club team, one against a team from Sweden.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Most definitely it does count those games, but all teams did that at one time. There are also many games vs. D-III schools, one against Penn's club team, one against a team from Sweden.
                            But I guess we are not counting the exhitions we played in the past few years? I wonder how many programs have over 1000 total wins? I would guess that Clarkson probably leads the nation in total victories overall. Once we reach 1000 wins we may be joining a rather exclusive club.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              But I guess we are not counting the exhitions we played in the past few years? I wonder how many programs have over 1000 total wins? I would guess that Clarkson probably leads the nation in total victories overall. Once we reach 1000 wins we may be joining a rather exclusive club.
                              Recent exhibition games don't count. It's the same data that appears in the media guides.

Clarkson leads in winning percentage, or at least did until this season. I would think that some of the western teams have more wins due to longer schedules for many years.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Recent exhibition games don't count. It's the same data that appears in the media guides.

Clarkson leads in winning percentage, or at least did until this season. I would think that some of the western teams have more wins due to longer schedules for many years.
                                What about some of the Ivies-they have been playing each other since the dark ages? I wish there was a site that had this information available. At one time I recall seeing these kinds of numbers listed on USCHO when you clicked on each indiviual school's page.

Comment

Working...
                                X