This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

With the number of forwards coming into next season as RPI will have, I'd suspect that Brutlag going back to the blueline will be necessary.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      I really dont wanna see Brutlag back on the blue line, not after how well he played up front the second half of the season and im not quite sure what to think of the Beauregard situation seeing how ive only seen him play a couple times. IMO, I would like to see another Dman recruited or maybe bring in Koudys a year early. That way you have your eight with Brutlag as the 9th if necessary.
      Agreed. And that's what I was going for.

All I can say is that I'm glad that I don't have to be the one picking the line-ups night in and night out (offense or defense) next season.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Beauregard i dont see playing more than 1 or 2 games. Next season we hope to be good enough that every game matters. If union had a few more wins they would of been in the ncaa tourney. We need our best players on the ice every night and pray for no injuriessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          Beauregard i dont see playing more than 1 or 2 games. Next season we hope to be good enough that every game matters. If union had a few more wins they would of been in the ncaa tourney. We need our best players on the ice every night and pray for no injuriessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
          Yes every game matters-yes put all the best players in every game. Keep the personal information regarding players in the LOCKER ROOM. This team has the talent and now needs the mental game to kick in-if they do that we will all be experiencing a very LONG and exciting season-IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
            I really dont wanna see Brutlag back on the blue line, not after how well he played up front the second half of the season and im not quite sure what to think of the Beauregard situation seeing how ive only seen him play a couple times. IMO, I would like to see another Dman recruited or maybe bring in Koudys a year early. That way you have your eight with Brutlag as the 9th if necessary.
            Putting Brutlag in this list doesn't necessarily mean he will start at D. I think Coach will want to keep him at forward, but we're still including him in the list in case we have an injury on the team, or one of the D-men pulls a Kipp.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              With the number of forwards coming into next season as RPI will have, I'd suspect that Brutlag going back to the blueline will be necessary.
              You're definitely right in that we have more firepower. I'm sure that, since Brutlag was an assistant captain this year and will likely be at least an A next year, Coach trusts Bryan's judgement on whether he would be best suited at forward or defense. I think Bryan knows that, either way he chooses, he will have to play the same level as when he was forward, if not higher, to earn his playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                You're definitely right in that we have more firepower. I'm sure that, since Brutlag was an assistant captain this year and will likely be at least an A next year, Coach trusts Bryan's judgement on whether he would be best suited at forward or defense. I think Bryan knows that, either way he chooses, he will have to play the same level as when he was forward, if not higher, to earn his playing time.
                So did I understand that right-you think Brutlag is deciding if he plays D or F?

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
                  So did I understand that right-you think Brutlag is deciding if he plays D or F?
                  I don't see why Coach would not take his preference into account. Heck, when Coach talked to him about moving up to forward last year, I'm sure he could have said "no", and Coach would have respected his decision. He obviously said yes because I'm sure he also thought it was better for his play style.

Obviously Coach determines playing time from given pools, but I would think Bryan would have say in which pool he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I don't see why Coach would not take his preference into account. Heck, when Coach talked to him about moving up to forward last year, I'm sure he could have said "no", and Coach would have respected his decision. He obviously said yes because I'm sure he also thought it was better for his play style.

Obviously Coach determines playing time from given pools, but I would think Bryan would have say in which pool he belongs.
                    FD: I have only met coach SA briefly but I have a distinctly different impression of him than you portray in that post. He seems to me to be the boss-and his decisions are made by him. I think if Brutlag said no to being moved to forward he would more likely be riding the pine in the chateau bowwow. I obviously have no insight into this but it is just my humble opinion.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      I have to agree with this. My concern for next year's team is on the blueline...there is enough offense for two teams.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The official invite for the banquet lists Zarbo among the "graduating class of 2010," so... yeah.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

According to this blog entry dated 3/18, it seems that Appert might well be scouting for a new AC. It appears that Coach Monty is in the running for a USHL coaching gig:

"...Word is the Dubuque Fighting Saints are close to naming their Head Coach for next season when they enter the USHL. I’m hearing RPI assistant Jim Montgomery and former NHL D-man Rick Zombo are both receiving strong consideration... "

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=27064

Content appears about 2/3 of the way down the page. Dubuque is entering the USHL this fall, and will play a new 3,200 arena. The ownership group includes Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli...that name sounds familiar...ha ha.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            According to this blog entry dated 3/18, it seems that Appert might well be scouting for a new AC. It appears that Coach Monty is in the running for a USHL coaching gig:

"...Word is the Dubuque Fighting Saints are close to naming their Head Coach for next season when they enter the USHL. Iā€™m hearing RPI assistant Jim Montgomery and former NHL D-man Rick Zombo are both receiving strong consideration... "

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=27064

Content appears about 2/3 of the way down the page. Dubuque is entering the USHL this fall, and will play a new 3,200 arena. The ownership group includes Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli...that name sounds familiar...ha ha.
                            Bad news-he would be sorely missed in this program!!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Bad news-he would be sorely missed in this program!!
                              He'd be a big loss both on the ice and on the recruiting trail. IIRC Brandon Pirri mentioned him as one of the reasons that he chose RPI.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

K. Woodlief 'gushes' over Chase as one of his top collegiate NHL free agents:

6. Chase Polacek/RW ā€” RPI, 5-8/170, June 19, 1989 (Jr.)

Mighty mite may be the most dynamic offensive force on this list ā€“ only his size holds him back. Sniper extraordinaire is deadly anywhere from the circles in. Extremely elusive and slips into open ice at just the right moment to pounce on loose pucks. Incredible instincts and feel in the offensive end ā€“ opportunistic and buries his chances. Soft, quick hands and a dynamite release. Can be overpowered and won't win many battles or provide a physical dimension.

Comment

Working...
                                X