This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Today is 30 March 2010. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Right now, we have Kennedy, Foss, and Bergin, assuming we lose Zarbo. Bailen, Lebeouf, and Quinn are on the docket for this year. Perhaps, if Beauregard moves back, that would make Brutlag and Beauregard our backups, should those listed at 2011 stay at 2011.

WS, I don't think I would put my money on the table yet. I'm still torn because although this is the same setup we had last year, Appert MAY have another reserve D-man. A lot of this past year's "individual mistakes" happened on defense, meaning we would see more accountability similar to the forward positions.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Right now, we have Kennedy, Foss, and Bergin, assuming we lose Zarbo. Bailen, Lebeouf, and Quinn are on the docket for this year. Perhaps, if Beauregard moves back, that would make Brutlag and Beauregard our backups, should those listed at 2011 stay at 2011.

WS, I don't think I would put my money on the table yet. I'm still torn because although this is the same setup we had last year, Appert MAY have another reserve D-man. A lot of this past year's "individual mistakes" happened on defense, meaning we would see more accountability similar to the forward positions.
        I would like to 8 total on the list or perhaps 9-cannot afford to go into a season with less-some years we seem to be injury prone on defense and that is one place we cannot afford to be short handed.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I think that Curadi is more likely than Quinn at this point to show up this year. Conceivably, as you wrote, Brutlag and Beauregard could be the backups but I wouldn't be too comfortable with that. I would like 7 others at least plus those two. I think that there is still more to be learned about the incoming class. Perhaps a lot more.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I think that Curadi is more likely than Quinn at this point to show up this year. Conceivably, as you wrote, Brutlag and Beauregard could be the backups but I wouldn't be too comfortable with that. I would like 7 others at least plus those two. I think that there is still more to be learned about the incoming class. Perhaps a lot more.
            Even if you swap out Quinn for Curadi, you still only have 6 defensemen plus the two backups. Do we think Pat Koudys is ready to make the leap? If not, we might need a walk-on.

I totally agree that we should have more defensemen on reserve, because look at what happened to the quality of our forwards after doing this.

Comment

Talking with players this past week, it seems that Curadi's involvement in the incoming class seems imminent. Unfortunately, the feeling that I got was that he was the only other new D-man. It looks like we may probably be relying on a walk-on to fill out the reserves.

Of course, Appert, Monty, and Vines are very, very good and I could also seem them pulling off a late signing or two.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                Talking with players this past week, it seems that Curadi's involvement in the incoming class seems imminent. Unfortunately, the feeling that I got was that he was the only other new D-man. It looks like we may probably be relying on a walk-on to fill out the reserves.

Of course, Appert, Monty, and Vines are very, very good and I could also seem them pulling off a late signing or two.
                Any idea what the story with Quinn is? Is he still planning to attend RPI at all? Any idea what happened down the stretch in Orangeville?

Comment

I think that Merth, Jensen, Bergs, all good guys. None were offensive defensemen. Many of them had d zone turnovers. I think all 3 freshman coming in have more upside then those 3. From an inside source i heard these pairings. JFK and LEbourf. Bergin and Quinn. Bailen and Faas.
                  Im excited for a new regime of defense at RPI
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                    Any idea what the story with Quinn is? Is he still planning to attend RPI at all? Any idea what happened down the stretch in Orangeville?
                    One can only guess. I suspect that he still intends to attend RPI. I think that it is easier for 18-year old forwards to play D-I hockey than defensemen.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                      My apologies for the misleading post. My "source" didn't give any indication either way on Quinn. He just said that we might have "some big guy coming in from way out west". I took that to mean Curadi. So, the Engineers may get all 4 D-men this coming season, bumping the corps up to 7. But, again, we still need to rely on another late signing / walk-on to get a full complement of defensemen.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        My apologies for the misleading post. My "source" didn't give any indication either way on Quinn. He just said that we might have "some big guy coming in from way out west". I took that to mean Curadi. So, the Engineers may get all 4 D-men this coming season, bumping the corps up to 7. But, again, we still need to rely on another late signing / walk-on to get a full complement of defensemen.
                        We have heard some rumors that Beauregard will move back and practice with the defensemen. Plus, similar to Vassel in the past 4 years, we still have Brutlag who can move back should the dire need arise. Will we still need a "tenth"?

Comment

We have heard some rumors that Beauregard will move back and practice with the defensemen. Plus, similar to Vassel in the past 4 years, we still have Brutlag who can move back should the dire need arise. Will we still need a "tenth"?
                          Who am I missing? You said " Will we still need a 'tenth'?" indicating we have nine. Unless you are still considering Zarbo as one or have added Koudys, we have only eight as a max -- Foss, Kennedy, Bergin, Brutlag, Beauregard, Quinn, Bailen, and Curadi.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Who am I missing? You said " Will we still need a 'tenth'?" indicating we have nine. Unless you are still considering Zarbo as one or have added Koudys, we have only eight as a max -- Foss, Kennedy, Bergin, Brutlag, Beauregard, Quinn, Bailen, and Curadi.
                            I am also including Lebeouf in this list, as per your line tracking on the Recruits thread.

Comment

I am also including Lebeouf in this list, as per your line tracking on the Recruits thread.
                              Oops.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I really dont wanna see Brutlag back on the blue line, not after how well he played up front the second half of the season and im not quite sure what to think of the Beauregard situation seeing how ive only seen him play a couple times. IMO, I would like to see another Dman recruited or maybe bring in Koudys a year early. That way you have your eight with Brutlag as the 9th if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X