This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Today is 29 March 2010. There are 193 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Today is 29 March 2010. There are 193 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
      I am thinking about starting my playoff beard for next season now.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
        From the other thread:

Add to that home games against Bentley, RIT (as mentioned), and Niagara. A pair at CC is confirmed as well.

I don't believe UAH will be at the holiday tourney. This fall's tourney does look extremely weak. All 3 opponents won 10 or less games this season. The best of the worst is a Giant Killer; the worst of the worst ended the season with over 25 losses, but still managed more wins than the remaining team.
        The following 10 teams had 10 or fewer wins: Connecticut, AIC, BGSU, WMU, Harvard, Clarkson, and MTU, Robert Morris, Dartmouth, and Providence. The other two teams supposedly coming to the tourney are BGSU, and Connecticut. Assuming that is still correct, that leaves AIC, WMU, Harvard, Clarkson, MTU, RMU, DC, and PC for the other.

UConn is probably "the worst of the worst" with a 7-27-3 record which is better than BGSU's 5-25-6.

Since you wrote "won 10 or less games," I suspect that one team won exactly 10 which means RMU, DC, or PC. I doubt that it is DC. Both of the others have some victories that could describe them as giant killers. I'll go with RMU.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The following 10 teams had 10 or fewer wins: Connecticut, AIC, BGSU, WMU, Harvard, Clarkson, and MTU, Robert Morris, Dartmouth, and Providence. The other two teams supposedly coming to the tourney are BGSU, and Connecticut. Assuming that is still correct, that leaves AIC, WMU, Harvard, Clarkson, MTU, RMU, DC, and PC for the other.

UConn is probably "the worst of the worst" with a 7-27-3 record which is better than BGSU's 5-25-6.

Since you wrote "won 10 or less games," I suspect that one team won exactly 10 which means RMU, DC, or PC. I doubt that it is DC. Both of the others have some victories that could describe them as giant killers. I'll go with RMU.
          Also mentioned was a game against Niagara. I wonder which game that one will replace on the schedule, since Niagara wasnt one of the rumored opponents for next year up until now.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
            Also mentioned was a game against Niagara. I wonder which game that one will replace on the schedule, since Niagara wasnt one of the rumored opponents for next year up until now.
            CC * 2
            our tourney 2
            UAH * 2
            BU
            NU
            Bentley
            Niagara
            RIT
            Union @ LP

That's 12. What's the problem? LP is not a tourney, just a single game for each of the 4 teams.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

CC * 2
              our tourney 2
              UAH * 2
              BU
              NU
              Bentley
              Niagara
              RIT
              Union @ LP

That's 12. What's the problem? LP is not a tourney, just a single game for each of the 4 teams.
              Also mentioned was a game at West Point.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Also mentioned was a game at West Point.
                It now seems to me that the USMA game is going to happen every other year now, which means we'll probably travel to West Point next year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It now seems to me that the USMA game is going to happen every other year now, which means we'll probably travel to West Point next year.
                  That would make sense. 2005-06 Army; 2007-08 @ Army; 2009-10 Army and 2011-12 @ Army

Comment

Maybe we will win our holiday tourney next year.

It was a pleasure to watch RIT friday and saturday. A hot goalie with all 4 lines contributing. There breakout was very well designed as well. No going backwards behind the net all the time. I saw the program and all players on the team are 20 years old and older.

Also a great student section they had. Funny cheers, loud, in sync.

RPI A.C. or bust
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

UAH's coach stated that they would be at our tourney. Are you implying that this has changed?
                      Yeah, the schedule I've seen does not list UAH at the tourney. Things could potentially change, though.
                      RPI Class of 2012
                      Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

The Rensselaer men’s hockey banquet is scheduled for Friday, April 23, at the Heffner Alumni House. All fans and friends of the program are invited to attend. The evening begins with a cocktail reception from 5:30-6:15pm with dinner and the awards ceremony to follow. It will be a very special evening as the five members of the Class of 2010 and defenseman Mark Zarbo will also be recognized.
                        Not that it affects much, but I assume Zarbo is going to go ahead and graduate on time and move on.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Not that it affects much, but I assume Zarbo is going to go ahead and graduate on time and move on.
                          I know this is probably for the other thread, but since you posted it here...

Could this possibly have a good influence on whether or not the B.R.O. is coming? We're down to 3 defensemen should Brutlag stay at forward.

Comment

Could this possibly have a good influence on whether or not the B.R.O. is coming? We're down to 3 defensemen should Brutlag stay at forward.
                            In a word - Yes. If I was a betting man, I'd bet it all.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              It sure sounds like he is leaving. We certainly are going to have an experienced D next season with only three returnees have playing played for RPI and four in total with D-I experience. That is assuming that Brutlag is staying at forward as FlagDUDE wrote. I am also not counting Beauregard as experienced if he is going to play D as was mentioned before.

FlagDUDE, nothing wrong with discussing recruits here, just the other way around bothers me.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know this is probably for the other thread, but since you posted it here...
                                Uh, no?
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X