X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Usually I root for the ECAC team in any NCAA tournament-but I must admit I did not care for Cornell's chances this year. I am however rooting for Yale today. Next year it will be much easier to root for the ECAC representative
    much easier, at least for one ECAC representative
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      Attended the festivities at the TUC this evening and witnessed UNH dismantle Cornell.Seeing Scrivens get lit up and the Lynah faithful slither out of the arena with their collective tails between their legs.That my friends is entertainment !!!!!!
      Well said TroyBoy, this illuminating quote from the front page story on the game basically states that Cornell wasn't allowed to Maul UNH like it does everyone in the ECAC.

" The game commenced with the ice rising ahead of Scrivens. New Hampshire utilized good team speed and a strong transition game to keep the Big Red on their heels, but the defense generally held firm in the Grade-‘A’ scoring areas. Each side threw some big hits and played the body effectively, but the WCHA officiating crew kept play moving and left the whistles pocketed."
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
        That is a great fluff article. But he failed miserably to coach that team to Albany. By his own admission he had a great goalie, hobey baker candidate, three awesome freshman, and role players to do the job but they weren't in Albany. The buck stops where?
        I know I am not a fan because I criticize bouffount boy

I guess I am mad because I picked them to finish 4th in the ECAC when you knuckloeheads had them 8th or 9th and you still praise him.

he can recruit but can he coach??
        Beman - slowly..slowly...slowly put the Kool-Aid.

"Zip it" - Dr. Evil
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Usually I root for the ECAC team in any NCAA tournament-but I must admit I did not care for Cornell's chances this year. I am however rooting for Yale today. Next year it will be much easier to root for the ECAC representative
          If you want teams to root for in this year's tournament, try UNH, Michigan, and Yale.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to have three-quarters of the Frozen Four consist of teams that RPI beat this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            If you want teams to root for in this year's tournament, try UNH, Michigan, and Yale.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to have three-quarters of the Frozen Four consist of teams that RPI beat this year?
            Why would anyone root for Michigan? I mean, I know RPI beat them and all, but no... Not going to do that.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Well, OK, we can root for UAH in that regional.

Then RPI can beat those guys next year.

Comment

Well, OK, we can root for UAH in that regional.

Then RPI can beat those guys next year.
                A cause I can get behind.

Comment

Full disclosure Doc -- league or no league, I was actively rooting against Cornell yesterday.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Was I the only RPI fan to root for the faux red yesterday?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I know of another who was but took great pride in providing the jinx in doing so.

Comment

I couldnt root for SUNY Pyongyang yesterday....I know they are ECAC but it just wasnt happening.
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I liked the RIT-UNH match-up better for the Tigers, so I was not cheering for SUNY Ithaca, no.

Best of luck to the Elis, though. I would love to see them making it to Detroit.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Would be even better if Yale could take it all-then we would have a national champ that we beat twice in one year
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              For bracket purpos- oh wait, there's no lunch on line with that bracket. I was a bit neutral, and for the time I did watch (since I was going to a party), I saw Cornell doing their usual cheating and a player skating with two sticks so the flopping flounder wasn't deprived.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                                Why would anyone root for Michigan? I mean, I know RPI beat them and all, but no... Not going to do that.
                                Well if it ever came down to a choice betw. Mich. or CU, I'd be ALL about the maize and blue...no question
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X