X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
    From Appert's profile on the RPI Athletics page (http://www.rpiathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=471):

During the summer of 2007, Appert signed a contract extension through 2011-12.
    That is a great fluff article. But he failed miserably to coach that team to Albany. By his own admission he had a great goalie, hobey baker candidate, three awesome freshman, and role players to do the job but they weren't in Albany. The buck stops where?
    I know I am not a fan because I criticize bouffount boy

I guess I am mad because I picked them to finish 4th in the ECAC when you knuckloeheads had them 8th or 9th and you still praise him.

he can recruit but can he coach??

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
      I guess I am mad because I picked them to finish 4th in the ECAC when you knuckloeheads had them 8th or 9th and you still praise him.

Hear ye hear ye! The Lord Beman hath picked RPI to finish 4th in this, the previous season. The unfaithfuls were not as confident as lord Beman! SHAME!! SHAME upon all of ye! How dareth Squire Appert finish 6th. Since Appert and his children did not meet the expectations of Lord Beman, he hath failed. Off with his head!! This "Squire" is no Squire, Lord Beman states. This Squire is a mere jester contends our lord. Remember, always be faithful to your lord, Lord Beman. Never mind those predictions of the other coaches within the league. Never mind those predictions of the sportscasters who are paid to follow this league. No, the only prediction of consequence is that of our lord. Failure to meet these assertions is a clear mark of failure.

Furthermore, our lord would like to remind us that we were not blessed with the Rookie of the Year, Player of the Year, 2nd-team goalie, a Hobey Baker finalist, or two representatives on the all-Rookie team. Clearly this man can only recruit and has no coaching ability at all. Oh wait... that's not true? All of those accolades actually happened this past season? Well, never mind.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Today is 26 March 2010. There are 196 days (28 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That is a great fluff article. But he failed miserably to coach that team to Albany. By his own admission he had a great goalie, hobey baker candidate, three awesome freshman, and role players to do the job but they weren't in Albany. The buck stops where?

If you're going to insult our coach, you can at least get the joke right. A bouffant is closer to a beehive hairdo. But hey, what are facts here.

Eight teams don't make it to Albany. Heck, Yale didn't make it and they were fully expected to. However, you're not steaming and flapping off about them on their thread, are you? There are some things you can coach, and some things you can't. Fundamentals, plays, that you can teach. I'd love to see you teach a player to be consistent, though. That one is pretty much up to the player, and once they're out on the ice, they could have every skill the coach taught them, but ultimately the coach can't do all that much. But why mess up the old adage of "Players win, coaches lose"?

Comment

Some of the bios linked from the roster http://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey& have been updated to include the past season. I assume the rest will also soon be updated.

Does anyone know when the team banquet will be held? That is when the team awards will be announced.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              To all the bedwetters out there with unrealistic expectations, Denver coach George Gwozdecky tells Ken Schott about the job he thinks his former assistant Seth Appert is doing.

Take note on what Gwoz has to say about half way through. Gee... Where have we heard all this before?
              I have been away from the boards for a week or so because of work, and just catching up. I think that this clip says it all. Gwozdecky would love to have Seth back, and he's been thru it to the top and is taking this team there. The more that I hear and see of him, the more that I think he is a great representative of the institution and the program. The players and program are better for having him as their coach, and I could only hope that my son plays for him or a coach like him.

Comment

...and tracing thru the rest of the thread and see this.

Tell you what Beman - if you dont want him as your coach, that's fine. I be more than glad to for us to keep him. With your attitude, I dont think he'd ever consider you to be associated with any part of this program anyway...so I guess that we might be able to politely say that the feeling is mutual and should probably just leave at that and go separate ways. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                  ...and tracing thru the rest of the thread and see this.

Tell you what Beman - if you dont want him as your coach, that's fine. I be more than glad to for us to keep him. With your attitude, I dont think he'd ever consider you to be associated with any part of this program anyway...so I guess that we might be able to politely say that the feeling is mutual and should probably just leave at that and go separate ways. Best of luck to you.
                  Very well said, Senna.

And I just noticed something... why does he think I hate Atlantic City? Or is he referring to another dude?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Very well said, Senna.

And I just noticed something... why does he think I hate Atlantic City? Or is he referring to another dude?
                    Who knows whats rattling around in his head. I think there might be multiple personalities and one calling the other "Dude".

Comment

CHN named Chase Polacek to their second team http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...010all-chn.php.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        CHN named Chase Polacek to their second team http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...010all-chn.php.
                        Congrats, Chase!

Also, Jerry had a little bit of an "honorable mention" for the all-Rookie team, although did not make the final list.

Comment

Kind of hoped for one player to make the all rookie team-either D'Amigo or Pirri could be considered deserving.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 27 March 2010. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 27 March 2010. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of nextseason.
                              Attended the festivities at the TUC this evening and witnessed UNH dismantle Cornell.Seeing Scrivens get lit up and the Lynah faithful slither out of the arena with their collective tails between their legs.That my friends is entertainment !!!!!!
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                Attended the festivities at the TUC this evening and witnessed UNH dismantle Cornell.Seeing Scrivens get lit up and the Lynah faithful slither out of the arena with their collective tails between their legs.That my friends is entertainment !!!!!!
                                Usually I root for the ECAC team in any NCAA tournament-but I must admit I did not care for Cornell's chances this year. I am however rooting for Yale today. Next year it will be much easier to root for the ECAC representative
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X