Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Phase II http://hobeybaker.com/voting/

Vote early; vote often.
    Rensselear?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08
      Inaugural award? I almost want to call this the "Ken's p'd off that Trabucco didn't make first team so I'm going to make my own" Award, and a bunch of other broadcasters decided to follow suit. However, I'm very happy that they recognized Pirri's talents. I think, if anything, putting Paul Kerins with him and Marty was one of the best moves, because Paul really was a very underrated player this year, and his talents deserved a terrific playmaker in Pirri.

DrD, you're absolutely correct that we have a lot to look forward to next year. This thread will be buzzing throughout the off-season.

BTW, I know we're a couple months out still, but any predictions on the NHL Draft? Most of our players have either already been drafted or are too old to be drafted (not sure about Marty O'Grady, though), but how about also with our prospective recruits?
      O'Grady is too old to be drafted. The limits are 1/1/90 through 9/15/92. Recruit Luke Curadi is the only one listed on the NHL CSB list. Brock Higgs was on the earlier players to watch list.

I had a similar thought that Ken Schott made up that list.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Inaugural award? I almost want to call this the "Ken's p'd off that Trabucco didn't make first team so I'm going to make my own" Award, and a bunch of other broadcasters decided to follow suit.
        If you did it'd be pretty much slander.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I linked the interview yesterday.

Much as it pains me, I'm rooting for Cornell.
          Darn, Ralph, now I have to go out and make a weekend deposit to my memory bank.

Comment

Inaugural award? I almost want to call this the "Ken's p'd off that Trabucco didn't make first team so I'm going to make my own" Award, and a bunch of other broadcasters decided to follow suit. However, I'm very happy that they recognized Pirri's talents. I think, if anything, putting Paul Kerins with him and Marty was one of the best moves, because Paul really was a very underrated player this year, and his talents deserved a terrific playmaker in Pirri.

DrD, you're absolutely correct that we have a lot to look forward to next year. This thread will be buzzing throughout the off-season.

BTW, I know we're a couple months out still, but any predictions on the NHL Draft? Most of our players have either already been drafted or are too old to be drafted (not sure about Marty O'Grady, though), but how about also with our prospective recruits?
            Curadi will probably go in the 3rd or 4th round. I don't think Higgs, Laliberte, or Quinn will get picked. Tinordi might go near the end of the draft (if he's eligible).

Comment

Then I suppose it would be in my best interest to retract my statement.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                Curadi will probably go in the 3rd or 4th round. I don't think Higgs, Laliberte, or Quinn will get picked. Tinordi might go near the end of the draft (if he's eligible).
                Agree on Curadi-he will go somewhere an probably in those rounds. Laliberte is borderline because of his lack of size but he has ben followed closely by a couple of NHL teams and we might see him picked in a later round.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Rensselear?
                  Jenny and I just spent some time voting for Hobey Baker-looks like the UNH crowd has awakend to support their leading scorer. It will be tough to match their numbers of voters. Come on everyone on this thread-let's support Chase!
                  Last edited by DrDemento; 03-22-2010, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                    Tinordi isn't eligible although his brother will go in the first or second round. Too bad we lost out on him. I agree that Higgs, Laliberte, or Quinn probably won't get picked, although someone might take a flyer on Laliberte.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It Was so good to see union get shutout last night!!!!!!
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Interestingly we did not have a bad record against teams that made it into the final 16 for the NCAA.

Comment

Today is 22 March 2010. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Interestingly we did not have a bad record against teams that made it into the final 16 for the NCAA.
                            Good point. 4-1-2 by my count with wins vs. Michigan, UNH and two vs. Yale, ties vs. Alaska and Cornell, and a loss to Cornell. I wonder if any non-tourney school (and even how many tourney schools) are better than .714.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good point. 4-1-2 by my count with wins vs. Michigan, UNH and two vs. Yale, ties vs. Alaska and Cornell, and a loss to Cornell. I wonder if any non-tourney school (and even how many tourney schools) are better than .714.
                              Not surprising to me Ralph-RPI has had the habit of playing to the level of the competition for as long as I can rememer-47 years. It an be terribly frustrating that we were 4-1-2 against NCAA tournament teams and 0-2 against Army an Niagara

Comment

Any chance we could sneak into the locker room each week and put up a copy of the polls saying the teams we are playing that week are #1 and #2 in the nation?

Comment

Working...
                                X