X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The quote was "stopped four" not "stopping four," so JL couldn't have been one of them.
    O'Grady-Kerrins-the possible forth? Will the Forth Player Please Stand Up !

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Just a guess, but I think "stopping four" might mean, stopping the four stars in D'Amigo, Polacek, Pirri and Laliberte.
      You are the closest, except replace Laliberté with O'Grady. We had four of the five people mentioned already at RPI, and in 50% of the games, they were stopped, although that is only basing upon the team's win/loss record (I think the times they were stopped and we won vs. the times they went on a rampage and we lost even out). I suppose I should have said "four fellows" to be consistent with DrD's post. Either that, or quoted it.

And IMO... very funny. -_-

Comment

Phase II http://hobeybaker.com/voting/

Vote early; vote often.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Vote early; vote often.
          Yup-come on gang-let's show him the support he deserves. It may not mean much in the scheme of things but sure would be nice to have a strong showing in the poll.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I know I've put in a few votes. It'll probably be a longshot, but hopefully he gets some really good consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              I'm ready to go on record as thinking our defense will not suffer a drop off and in fact, stands a chance of being markedly improved next season.

Bailen alone is a plug-in first liner, IMO. My gut tells me that after seeing Brown and others run over our defenceman and York, Seth will bring in the B.R.O. - - Luke Curadi -- to rule the paint next fall. We've got enough guys blue liners who can handle the puck, we need at last one guy who will, without hesitation, rule the red zone.
              The defense should be better, agreed.
              The talent on this team is great in transition to offense, but lack toughness when they turnover the puck. One reason, but not the only one is age. Brown had a few 85's out there who happen to be talented. Throw a couple 91's from the engineers at them and the match up in transition to defensive for RPI becomes very difficult. 6 year difference is crazy!!
              Another year to grow, lift weights, things should change. The forwards have to get stronger, and tougher.
              You can't depend on your defensemen to control everything in your end.

Comment

Today is 20 March 2010. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to my fave, JeryyD'Amigo, and Chase Polacek for their ECAC Awards.

And again Congrats to Chase for being a Hobey Finalist.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Did you guys see these interviews w/ Chase, Jerry and CA.
                    http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2010/mar/18/433/

Ralph - Who do you root for, Union or Cornell? Personally I'm rooting for snow - what a nightmare Final. Prediction, Cornell will clutch and grab, trap their way to Championship.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      Did you guys see these interviews w/ Chase, Jerry and CA.
                      http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2010/mar/18/433/

Ralph - Who do you root for, Union or Cornell? Personally I'm rooting for snow - what a nightmare Final. Prediction, Cornell will clutch and grab, trap their way to Championship.
                      I linked the interview yesterday.

Much as it pains me, I'm rooting for Cornell.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My second prediction - Cornell will play one of their usual wide open affairs and win 1-0.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Vote early; vote often.
                          Continue voting guys-we have Chase in the lead early.

Comment

Today is 21 March 2010. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looks like this was under a lot of people's radars:

https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...-hockey-media/

RPI junior forward Chase Polacek has been named the winner of the inaugural ECAC Hockey Writers and Broadcasters Association Player of the Year Award, it was announced Friday.

Polacek, who won the league’s Player of the Year Award on Thursday, led the ECACH in scoring with 17 goals and 18 assists.

Polacek’s teammate, freshman forward Brandon Pirri, earned the association’s Rookie of the Year. He was the top rookie scorer in the league with five goals and 22 assists.

Cornell senior Ben Scrivens won the Goalie of the Year after posting a 14-5-3 record with a 1.89 goals-against average. Scrivens won the league’s Ken Dryden Award.

Union’s Nate Leaman, who guided the Dutchmen to a 12-6-4 league record and third-place finish, earned Coach of the Year. He won the league’s Tim Taylor Coach of the Year Award.

The media agreed with the league’s coaches on Best Defensive Forward (St. Lawrence’s Travis Vermeulen) and Best Defensive Defenseman (Cornell’s Justin Krueger).

The ECACHWBA First Team All-Conference members are forwards Polacek, Union’s Mario Valery-Trabucco and Yale’s Broc Little; defensemen Mike Schreiber of Union and Tom Dignard of Yale; and Scrivens in goal.

The Second Team members are forwards Sean Backman of Yale, Austin Smith of Colgate and Blake Gallagher of Cornell; defensemen Krueger and Cornell teammate Brendon Nash; and goalie Allen York of RPI.

Heading the All-Rookie Team are forwards Pirri and RPI teammate Jerry D’Amigo, and Harvard’s Louis Leblanc; defensemen Nick D’Agostino of Cornell and George Hughes of St. Lawrence; and Union goalie Keith Kinkaid.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Thanks RC-just another testimony to the fact that we will have a lot to look forward to for next year. The talent has been recognized and is certqainly there. Now we just have to utilize it. I really want to be in Atlantic City next March.

Comment

Working...
                                X