This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Video interviews with CP, JD'A, SA on Ken Schott's blog http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2010/mar/18/433/.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Welcome to the thread-if you think this year was an improvement-just wait until next year!
      Agreed. Laliberte could be a great addition to an already potent offense, but if a couple of those defensemen can play at this level that will be the difference maker. This team could easily go from 6th to top 2 quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        Agreed. Laliberte could be a great addition to an already potent offense, but if a couple of those defensemen can play at this level that will be the difference maker. This team could easily go from 6th to top 2 quickly.
        Carve this one in stone-Laliberte can be a superstar at the NCAA level. Put him into the current RPI lineup with Pirri, D'Amigo, Polacek and O'Grady and you will see an offense like we haven't had in a long time. The ECAC teams perhaps can stop one or two fellows but I just don't see many teams able to shut down that much offense. Now if only the defense could keep up with that-then we really might have something next year
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Not to ruffle any feathers, but 50% of the time, the ECAC stopped four. Don't get me wrong, I think Laliberté will be a great addition to our crew, but with a little more consistent play, then I will agree with 100% of your statement, DrD.

We definitely don't have an issue with offense. PotY and RotY honors certainly proves this. Defense is definitely a bit of a question mark, as we've lost 4+ defensemen (Brutlag I'm counting because he's gone to forward, and the + is Vassel since he was a big help to the defense in the final couple of weeks of this season). I'm excited about the upcoming team, but don't want to count chickens before they hatch.

These 6.5 months will be agony.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Not to ruffle any feathers, but 50% of the time, the ECAC stopped four. Don't get me wrong, I think Laliberté will be a great addition to our crew, but with a little more consistent play, then I will agree with 100% of your statement, DrD.

We definitely don't have an issue with offense. PotY and RotY honors certainly proves this. Defense is definitely a bit of a question mark, as we've lost 4+ defensemen (Brutlag I'm counting because he's gone to forward, and the + is Vassel since he was a big help to the defense in the final couple of weeks of this season). I'm excited about the upcoming team, but don't want to count chickens before they hatch.

Agreed that the wait will be difficult. The last three weeks of this season were difficult for RPI fans.

If the coaches can develop a couple of defensemen that can take care of the puck in the defensive zone and consistently hit something other than ankles or glass with shots from the point this team will be very good next season.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              First time poster, so be gentle Ralph. Not only do Chase and Jerry deserve kudos but also Coach Appert for bringing these talented guys to Troy. Those in the fan base that constantly harp on Coach need to realize what he has brought to us w/ Jerry, Pirri and Chase. Let's just hope the lousy refs in ECAC don't chase Jerry and Pirri away . Let's Go Red!!!!!
              Good point Aspy -- and welcome ! Appert, Montgomery and Kurulak all deserve credit for pounding the pavement for this excellent group of guys.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'm ready to go on record as thinking our defense will not suffer a drop off and in fact, stands a chance of being markedly improved next season.

Bailen alone is a plug-in first liner, IMO. My gut tells me that after seeing Brown and others run over our defenceman and York, Seth will bring in the B.R.O. - - Luke Curadi -- to rule the paint next fall. We've got enough guys blue liners who can handle the puck, we need at last one guy who will, without hesitation, rule the red zone.
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-19-2010, 09:50 AM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Not to ruffle any feathers, but 50% of the time, the ECAC stopped four...
                  Stopped four what?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Carve this one in stone-Laliberte can be a superstar at the NCAA level. Put him into the current RPI lineup with Pirri, D'Amigo, Polacek and O'Grady and you will see an offense like we haven't had in a long time. The ECAC teams perhaps can stop one or two fellows but I just don't see many teams able to shut down that much offense. Now if only the defense could keep up with that-then we really might have something next year
                    Now, if we can just get him entered into RPI's student locator...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Now, if we can just get him entered into RPI's student locator...
                      None of the recruits, except Greg B, are there yet, so that hasn't concerned me.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Stopped four what?
                        Good, I wasn't the only one who didn't get that.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Stopped four what?
                          Misspelled? Maybe it was 'stopped for [a cup of cocoa?]'

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                            Misspelled? Maybe it was 'stopped for [a cup of cocoa?]'
                            My original thought was that the ECAC stopped four as in number 4, Bryan Brutlag.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              My original thought was that the ECAC stopped four as in number 4, Bryan Brutlag.
                              Just a guess, but I think "stopping four" might mean, stopping the four stars in D'Amigo, Polacek, Pirri and Laliberte.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                                Just a guess, but I think "stopping four" might mean, stopping the four stars in D'Amigo, Polacek, Pirri and Laliberte.
                                The quote was "stopped four" not "stopping four," so JL couldn't have been one of them.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X