PDA

View Full Version : RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ralph Baer
03-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Usually I root for the ECAC team in any NCAA tournament-but I must admit I did not care for Cornell's chances this year. I am however rooting for Yale today. Next year it will be much easier to root for the ECAC representative;)

much easier, at least for one ECAC representative :cool:

AspyDad
03-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Attended the festivities at the TUC this evening and witnessed UNH dismantle Cornell.Seeing Scrivens get lit up and the Lynah faithful slither out of the arena with their collective tails between their legs.That my friends is entertainment !!!!!!

Well said TroyBoy, this illuminating quote from the front page story on the game basically states that Cornell wasn't allowed to Maul UNH like it does everyone in the ECAC.

" The game commenced with the ice rising ahead of Scrivens. New Hampshire utilized good team speed and a strong transition game to keep the Big Red on their heels, but the defense generally held firm in the Grade-A scoring areas. Each side threw some big hits and played the body effectively, but the WCHA officiating crew kept play moving and left the whistles pocketed."

AspyDad
03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
That is a great fluff article. But he failed miserably to coach that team to Albany. By his own admission he had a great goalie, hobey baker candidate, three awesome freshman, and role players to do the job but they weren't in Albany. The buck stops where?
I know I am not a fan because I criticize bouffount boy

I guess I am mad because I picked them to finish 4th in the ECAC when you knuckloeheads had them 8th or 9th and you still praise him.

he can recruit but can he coach??

Beman - slowly..slowly...slowly put the Kool-Aid.

"Zip it" - Dr. Evil

Waite21
03-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Usually I root for the ECAC team in any NCAA tournament-but I must admit I did not care for Cornell's chances this year. I am however rooting for Yale today. Next year it will be much easier to root for the ECAC representative;)

If you want teams to root for in this year's tournament, try UNH, Michigan, and Yale.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to have three-quarters of the Frozen Four consist of teams that RPI beat this year?

GreatLakerMohawk
03-27-2010, 01:21 PM
If you want teams to root for in this year's tournament, try UNH, Michigan, and Yale.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to have three-quarters of the Frozen Four consist of teams that RPI beat this year?

Why would anyone root for Michigan? I mean, I know RPI beat them and all, but no... Not going to do that.

Waite21
03-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, OK, we can root for UAH in that regional.

Then RPI can beat those guys next year. ;)

GreatLakerMohawk
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, OK, we can root for UAH in that regional.

Then RPI can beat those guys next year. ;)

A cause I can get behind.

Wicked Slappaahs
03-27-2010, 02:35 PM

Full disclosure Doc -- league or no league, I was actively rooting against Cornell yesterday. :D :D

Ralph Baer
03-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Was I the only RPI fan to root for the faux red yesterday? :eek:

GreatLakerMohawk
03-27-2010, 02:46 PM

I know of another who was but took great pride in providing the jinx in doing so.

fishcore12
03-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I couldnt root for SUNY Pyongyang yesterday....I know they are ECAC but it just wasnt happening.

burgie12
03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I liked the RIT-UNH match-up better for the Tigers, so I was not cheering for SUNY Ithaca, no.

Best of luck to the Elis, though. I would love to see them making it to Detroit.

DrDemento
03-27-2010, 03:37 PM

Would be even better if Yale could take it all-then we would have a national champ that we beat twice in one year:eek:

FlagDUDE08
03-27-2010, 03:55 PM

For bracket purpos- oh wait, there's no lunch on line with that bracket. I was a bit neutral, and for the time I did watch (since I was going to a party), I saw Cornell doing their usual cheating and a player skating with two sticks so the flopping flounder wasn't deprived.

Wicked Slappaahs
03-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Why would anyone root for Michigan? I mean, I know RPI beat them and all, but no... Not going to do that.

Well if it ever came down to a choice betw. Mich. or CU, I'd be ALL about the maize and blue...no question

Wicked Slappaahs
03-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Yes. :p

Wicked Slappaahs
03-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Attended the festivities at the TUC this evening and witnessed UNH dismantle Cornell.Seeing Scrivens get lit up and the Lynah faithful slither out of the arena with their collective tails between their legs.That my friends is entertainment !!!!!!

The only thing missing was the UNH faithful chanting "OVERRATED..."

FlagDUDE08
03-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I know he graduated already, but Happy Birthday to last year's captain, Mathieu Angers-Goulet.

rpi82
03-27-2010, 10:28 PM

No, but I went to grad school at Cornell so I should be eligible for special dispensation.

RHamilton
03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Here's hoping RIT can make a big impression in the Frozen Four! Really shows how much parity exists in college hockey.

I'm also looking forward to playing them next season. RPI will be hosting RIT on October 22nd. Should be a good challenge for us early in the season.

Hooray for tech schools (except for Clarkson)!