This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Chase Polacek is a finalist for ECAC Player of the Year http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...315104019.aspx.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      No, but how many posts are truly necessary?
      Apparently, my attempt to be nice to soxrox was in error. A rare miss on my part. But let this be a lesson that everyone gets the benefit of the doubt from Red Cloud unless they choose to display their rear end.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Chase Polacek is a finalist for ECAC Player of the Year http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...315104019.aspx.
        What are his chances? I would think Backman has "hurt" his badly. CP gets my (non)vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          What are his chances? I would think Backman has "hurt" his badly. CP gets my (non)vote.
          My money is on Ben Scrivens for POY. Nate Leaman was named ECAC Coach of the Year today; and deservedly so.

RPI may not be shutout, however, as D'Amigo is in the running for ECAC Rookie of the Year.

Comment

I think that Scrivens will probably get the award. This is because Chase is only a junior (though Brinkworth did get the award twice), and because we didn't get past the first round. Of course by the same token, that would probably mean that Kinkaid would get the Rookie award. I do hope they go to RPI players, but I do have some doubts.

Comment

Yes, give the award to the system goaltender.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I think that Scrivens will probably get the award. This is because Chase is only a junior (though Brinkworth did get the award twice), and because we didn't get past the first round. Of course by the same token, that would probably mean that Kinkaid would get the Rookie award. I do hope they go to RPI players, but I do have some doubts.
                Cavosie was also a junior.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Losing streak, Dude.

Comment

The only reason I think Scrivens has a shot at POTY is because I'm far too used to watching RPI players boned out of nominations and/or awards that they've probably earned. Was Scrivens the best goaltender in the ECAC this year? Yes, he was. Best player? Yeah, I don't know about that.

Backman wasn't the best player on his team. That would be Broc Little, in my view.

If there was one award that I see an RPI player getting though, it's this one. Polacek has a far better shot at winning POTY than York for Dryden (who won't even come close) or D'Amigo for ROTY (since he's not the best rookie on his team).

Comment

Let's be clear. If it isn't Chase, it will be a farce. Scrivens wiil win the Dryden but he isn't the POY IMO. As GLM stated he is a product of the D-first system. Polacek was nothing short of outstanding this year.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-15-2010, 03:00 PM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I totally agree, Chase has been nothing short of amazing this year. I am merely concerned about additional factors that may be taken into account. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope that he gets POTY, and that D'Amigo gets ROTY. I, though, similar to RC, am so used to seeing RPI get hosed, that I am predicting it to happen. I hope my prediction is untrue.

Comment

I agree strongly-over the years RPI has been robbed of several of the ECAC awards. My question is why? Anyone have some reasonable explanation for this? Why the negative bias?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Brandon Pirri is listed as Chicago's #10 prospect and Jerry D'Amigo as Toronto's #10 in the Hockey News's Future Watch issue.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 16 March 2010. There are 206 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-16-2010, 06:01 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 16 March 2010. There are 26 days until RPI's next game.
                                Getting a little anxious Ralph?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X