X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by vicious View Post
    Disappointing end to the season in tonight's game vs. Brown, but an 18-17 overall this season is a very nice turnaround indeed from the 10-27 record of a year ago. This is first over-.500 season in six years. Appert clearly has the team pointed in the right direction. All in all a good show.
    It's good to keep things like this in perspective. But its a disappointing end, especially based on last year's playoff performance, where they were the underdogs in Lynah one goal away from Albany.

If nothing else, this series should be a learning experience for the young guys on the team. Skill is only part of the puzzle, and next year we'll have the same skill and that much more experience.

Comment

Sorry to see you guys bow out with what sounded like underachieving performances. Us SLU fans can certainly share the disappointment in having to deal with Brown, we've had our fair share of bad memories playing them in the past decade+

I will echo the statements made here and in the score update thread that while this may be a disappointment, RPI does have a lot to look forward to. GLM/RC: how realistic is it that D'Amigo and/or Pirri will make the jump this year?

Hope to see RPI make a run for the top next year, I'm tired of seeing Cornell up there all the time, another Red team needs to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        GLM/RC: how realistic is it that D'Amigo and/or Pirri will make the jump this year?
        If either one of them jumps this year, they should never have been admitted to RPI because they'd be exposing vast stupidity.

They both seem pretty smart.

Sorry.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
          Why is it that anything you have to say ends up being.....just plain stupid?
          Sorry for intruding on your turf RC but....
          Pointing out rank foolishness isn't my "turf," I'm just sometimes the only one doing it. It's always good to have others pitching in.

Comment

Originally posted by olmerd View Post
            It's good to keep things like this in perspective. But its a disappointing end, especially based on last year's playoff performance, where they were the underdogs in Lynah one goal away from Albany.

If nothing else, this series should be a learning experience for the young guys on the team. Skill is only part of the puzzle, and next year we'll have the same skill and that much more experience.
            Agreed. This was a very winnable series this weekend. I am happy with the overall improvement shown this season but clearly there's still a lot of work to do. Appert himself has been quoted in the paper as saying this team has underperformed. I can't say for sure, not being in the locker room, but in my opinion they need to develop a killer instinct to put teams away. They let teams linger, like we saw this weekend and in a number of other games where they gave up goals late in 3rd period.

I think if you take the talent this team has, develop the killer instinct, and learn to play the full :60 this team will go far next season and there will be much to look forward to.

Comment

I posted this over on the Brown thread but I felt like it could be posted here too. I know Tim and other WRPI folks glance at these boards now and again.

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio
              No offense, but don't you guys have anything better to do than to complain about the WRPI announcers? Give me a break.

While I did not listen to the games this weekend, I can tell you that WRPI (a college radio station) does a tremendous job covering the team - a lot more so than some professional stations for other teams in the league. WRPI has broadcast all the games this season, including two in Alaska, and traditionally covers EVERY men's hockey game. While the names have changed over the years because it is a student station, the quality for the most part is always there.

The announcers are students, not professionals, though listening to Tim (the play-by-play announcer) some nights, you'd be hard-pressed to know that he's a senior in college. To my knowledge, he's been the primary voice of RPI hockey over the last three-four years. I have no doubt that he'll be broadcasting at some professional level in the future. He even filled in on some AHL broadcasts this season with the Adirondack Phantoms. While there will be a different voice on the WRPI broadcasts next season, whomever it is will have some very big shoes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                If either one of them jumps this year, they should never have been admitted to RPI because they'd be exposing vast stupidity.

They both seem pretty smart.

Sorry.
                Fair enough. I wasn't hoping either would, as history has shown that it takes some pretty special players to successfully make that jump, however you always have to wonder with high draft picks whether money will sway them.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                  I posted this over on the Brown thread but I felt like it could be posted here too. I know Tim and other WRPI folks glance at these boards now and again.
                  Thank you so very much for those kind words for our guys. Some people just don't like to hear the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    GLM/RC: how realistic is it that D'Amigo and/or Pirri will make the jump this year?
                    Only way that happens is if they're handed a one-way contract with a ton of bonus money. That's not happening (entry level contracts are that way), they'll be back and they'll be a lot better too.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                      Well put, sir.

Comment

I just threw gasoline on the fire.

I stand by what we've said, if they don't like it, well... There was a Brown broadcaster there doing the games too, maybe they don't care for his brand of truth.

What the f-ck ever.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

On a related topic, I feel vindicated about Monday's controversial update at Without a Peer and I would like to apologize to RPI fans for under-reporting how big of a scumbag Harry Zolnierczyk is.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            I just threw gasoline on the fire.

I stand by what we've said, if they don't like it, well... There was a Brown broadcaster there doing the games too, maybe they don't care for his brand of truth.

What the f-ck ever.
                            Heck, I only heard your postgame, and it sounded pretty good.

When will certain ivy leaguers learn to take that silver spoon out of their rear..... Don't get me wrong, because a lot of them are very nice people, but there are those select few that just give ivy leagues a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                              Appert might need to go his systems aren't working the d is slow I can't wait for fresh d next yeAr
                              Are you watching the same game we are? Seriously, go to a different barn if you are going to have that attitude for your home team!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                On a related topic, I feel vindicated about Monday's controversial update at Without a Peer and I would like to apologize to RPI fans for under-reporting how big of a scumbag Harry Zolnierczyk is.
                                I had some Brown fans sitting behind me that were anything but pleasant. However they did yell "Harry sucks" more than once and I couldn't help but chime in "That's sex offender Harry to you!". At least we know that Brown fans agree with us on one thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X