This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Today is 12 March 2010. There are 210 days (30 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      Flagdude u reply so quick u Have a blackberry or an iPhone lol
      Actually, I'm surprised that my phone actually has a camera on it. I grew up where there was no cell phone service, so my first one was in college. I'm actually quite technologically primitive.

Comment

Press release

Allen York a Finalist for Ken Dryden Award
        Sophomore netminder one of three in running for ECAC Hockey honor

TROY, N.Y. – ECAC Hockey has announced its finalists for the Ken Dryden Award as the Goaltender of the Year and Rensselaer student-athlete Allen York has been selected as one of three finalists by the league’s coaches. Also nominated for this year’s award is Cornell University senior Ben Scrivens and Union College freshman Keith Kinkaid.

A native of Wetaskiwin, Alb., York went 14-13-4 this season, finishing fourth in ECAC Hockey in goals against average (2.54) and sixth in save percentage (.911). His 825 total saves and 1934:41 minutes played were both most in the league. A sophomore, he played in 81.7% of the team’s games, recording one shutout – a 4-0 win over then sixth-ranked Yale on January 30.

York, a former standout with the Camrose Kodiaks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL), was 9-7-3 in 20 ECAC Hockey contests, posting a 2.26 goals against average, which was good for second in the conference. Playing in 87.3% of the club’s conference games, his .919 save percentage was also second best in the league.

A sixth-round (158th overall) pick of the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2007 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft, York has a 19-23-4 career record at Rensselaer, playing in 49 games. He has logged 2848:00 minutes and allowed 128 goals for a 2.70 goals against average. He has amassed a .907 save percentage, while recording two shutouts.

York played in 16 games in his rookie year, compiling a 5-10-0 record. He had a 3.02 goals against average and a .901 save percentage. His season was highlighted by a sweep of Dartmouth in the opening round of the ECACH Playoffs, followed by his first career shutout in the Engineers’ 1-0 victory Cornell in Game 1 of the Quarterfinals.

The Engineers finished the 2009-10 season with an 18-17-4 overall record, including a 10-9-3 mark in ECAC Hockey play. They earned home ice in the conference playoffs for the first time since 2005-06, but fell to Brown in Game 3 of a best-of-three First Round series.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dryden is the most anti-climactic award on the list. It always goes to the first team All-ECAC and the two runners up, not surprisingly enough, are always the second and third team.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wow brown beat Yale hmmmmm
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I enjoyed this thought provoking analysis.

Comment

Today is 13 March 2010. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Although I didn't pick it on vicb's thing, I'm not surprised at all. Brown did their homework on Yale, and definitely used their play against us to their advantage last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    I enjoyed this thought provoking analysis.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Although I didn't pick it on vicb's thing, I'm not surprised at all. Brown did their homework on Yale, and definitely used their play against us to their advantage last night.
                      You're not going to keep fluffing them all weekend, are you?

Comment

Time for a laugh or two:

The arena the ECAC is moving the tournament to in Atlantic City has been fighting with delays all during the Atlantic 10 basketball tournament because the roof has been springing leaks from the rain in New Jersey.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Flagdude u reply so quick u Have a blackberry or an iPhone lol
                          or u culd just rite like dis & make it look like it
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            Time for a laugh or two:

The arena the ECAC is moving the tournament to in Atlantic City has been fighting with delays all during the Atlantic 10 basketball tournament because the roof has been springing leaks from the rain in New Jersey.
                            Good job, Steve! Gotta get that grift!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                              Time for a laugh or two:

Jenny and I are about 45 minutes from there-and we are getting between 4 and 6 inches of rain over a 36 hour period. A few weeks ago and with colder temperatures this could be 5 feet of snow Horrible here-how could they ever move the ECAC Hockey tournament down here?
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Jenny and I are about 45 minutes from there-and we are getting between 4 and 6 inches of rain over a 36 hour period. A few weeks ago and with colder temperatures this could be 5 feet of snow Horrible here-how could they ever move the ECAC Hockey tournament down here?
                                nice job hagwell
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X