X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    But whatever, it's in the past. First winning season for me, and here's to many more in the future!
    Amen.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      End-of-season article by Ed Weaver in the Record http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...b999854023.txt.
      I like the fact that SA has seen the need to get bigger now that we have gotten more talented. I still believe in Newton's third law of motion(That Isaac was one heck of a hockey player )
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I like the fact that SA has seen the need to get bigger now that we have gotten more talented. I still believe in Newton's third law of motion(That Isaac was one heck of a hockey player )
        I am sure that we don't know all of the players that SA is after, but the forwards that we know about are not that big. On the other hand, Curadi, Leboeuf, and Koudys all are quite Cornellian in height.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am sure that we don't know all of the players that SA is after, but the forwards that we know about are not that big. On the other hand, Curadi, Leboeuf, and Koudys all are quite Cornellian in height.
          Indeed they are like buildings-but unless they switch to forward like Brutlag did this year-we will still be quite small up front. This year we were quite competitive but in some games it did appear our forwards were getting pushed around quite a bit. If it comes down to talent and speed versus size, of course I vote for talent, but to compete every game I just feel we need a bit more strength and size on the forward lines. I do agree however that York should feel a bit more comfortable next year knowing that the front of the net will be manned by some big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Weaver
            It must be quickly added that the season was full of disappointments, capped off by the Engineers' dismal, preliminary-round loss to Brown, ECAC Hockey's worst team.
            Uh oh! Here come the Brown clowns!
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Indeed they are like buildings-but unless they switch to forward like Brutlag did this year-we will still be quite small up front. This year we were quite competitive but in some games it did appear our forwards were getting pushed around quite a bit. If it comes down to talent and speed versus size, of course I vote for talent, but to compete every game I just feel we need a bit more strength and size on the forward lines. I do agree however that York should feel a bit more comfortable next year knowing that the front of the net will be manned by some big boys.
              Of the three big defensemen, only Leboeuf is definitely arriving next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Of the three big defensemen, only Leboeuf is definitely arriving next season.
                They should all be in place before York is finished at RPI Not usual for goalies to leave early, although it could happen.

Comment

Pirri got shafted in the Rookie of the Year selection, in my opinion. They picked D'Amigo and Kinkaid (both expected) along with Harvard's franchise player, Leblanc. I watched both play online and I thought Pirri looked better.
                  Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                    Pirri got shafted in the Rookie of the Year selection, in my opinion. They picked D'Amigo and Kinkaid (both expected) along with Harvard's franchise player, Leblanc. I watched both play online and I thought Pirri looked better.
                    Perhaps it had something to do with the "retalliatory penalties" that Pirri received, such as running the guy that ran D'Amigo 15 seconds before and got away with it, or yacking his trap at the ref, or constantly getting kicked out of the faceoff circle because the linesman likes to play mind games, or things like that. Obviously as the year went on, he began to harness these to the point where the ref was throwing him in the box for being jealous that he's a second round draft pick. But, league leading in assists, and very high nationally in that rank as well obviously isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                      I guess that D'Amigo got votes for his play away from college hockey.
                      I hope this just makes Pirri made.
                      After watching him for the whole year, I am convinced that he was a legitimate 2nd round pick.
                      I can't wait to watch both of those guys next year.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Only 1 day left to get your picks in people. Still looking for these first round contestants to place your guesses in the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS THREAD:
                        BigRed Brouhaha Cornell
                        Brian Sullivan Brown
                        cudmud Union
                        devils6685 Quinnipiac
                        fr joe RPI
                        GRussinko RPI
                        Halloweenman Princeton
                        hawthr RPI
                        hockeyenthusiast Colgate
                        hockeyplayer1015 SLU
                        licwinko Yale
                        Magoo Colgate
                        Maine-iac Colgate
                        NEWESTBOBCATFAN Quinnipiac
                        Nyhockeyguy RPI
                        redrocker Yale
                        Rjm7272 Colgate
                        Section 22 RPI
                        Skate79 Harvard
                        SLUdave SLU
                        sshablak Colgate
                        Still Crazy in section 17 RPI
                        TchrBill Colgate
                        Union93 Union
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Joé Juneau in the news

I caught some of this story on Montreal CKAC, 730 AM (J'apprend le français). Juneau is speaking out against the failure of the NHL leadership to take action against hits to the head.

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...u-2020841.html

Comment

Unreal pirri got raped......him and Jerry and kinkaid should be 3 finalists what a joke joke joke joke
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Let's add tied for second in the league in points (we all know who's first), TWICE Rookie of the Week...

RVD, because of what you said, 5 bucks says LeBlanc gets the award.

Comment

Flagdude u reply so quick u Have a blackberry or an iPhone lol
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X