X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    it was great to see flagdude offer feola a crisp $100 i have this on video

also who had the hit at the end of the game by far the best hit of the weekend to crush that brown player... let take that into this off season

maybe hire a training and conditioning coach like we had 2000-2004

fix all the PIM's

become the yale team of this year scoring wise

have the team stay on campus and do team building like last year
    and have kerins mind set to get in better shape

and atlantic city or bust
    I believe the late hit was by Patrick Cullen (I stand corrected if that is wrong). It was a mean spirited, blind sided, late hit and I am glad no one got severely injured. That being said-we need a lot more of that kind of spirited stuff. If we are going to get called for all sorts of nit picky junk, the least we should do is make sure we deserve it.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I honestly would love to be a fly on the wall for the ECAC coaches meetings this off season.

I have to think that officiating will take up the brunt of the conversation. My honest opinion is that officiating took a big step backward this season. I'm not saying this as an RPI fan, but as a hockey fan. I saw more missed or blown off sides call than 5 other seasons put together. Add in the basic inability to conduct quick, efficient face-offs was beyond incompetent. The general inconsistencies from crew to crew was the icing on the cake.

I know that the ECAC had a guy at HFH evaluating the refs at this weekend's series. He was taking a lot of notes...he almost ran out of paper.

The problem for the ECAC is, where do you go from here? You brought in a guy with stellar credentials (Stewart) and gave him the resources to right the problem. Where are the results? If we had a competent Commissioner who knew something about hockey, I'd be more optimistic for what the future held.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        You forgot to add cold fusion and world peace.
        What, no universal health care?
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If you had said this two weeks ago, I would have made the offer when I saw the ENTIRE D'Amigo clan at both Hamilton and Ithaca. Parents, aunts, uncles, even his grandfather showed up!
          They were at HFH this past weekend.

Comment

If you had said this two weeks ago, I would have made the offer when I saw the ENTIRE D'Amigo clan at both Hamilton and Ithaca. Parents, aunts, uncles, even his grandfather showed up!
            Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I think that they are bringing us bad luck.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              ...also who had the hit at the end of the game by far the best hit of the weekend to crush that brown player... let take that into this off season....
              I dunno, Jerry's Game 1 drilling Zernyynkywxk in the solarplexis was pretty stellar. The kid was blowing snot bubbles on the Brownie bench for a good 2-3 minutes.

Comment

Zernyynkywxk
                I'd like to buy a vowel.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will take your word for it, seeing as how I did not see them from my vantage point behind the penalty box.

Comment

I will take your word for it, seeing as how I did not see them from my vantage point behind the penalty box.
                    Oh yes, they were there in force. I saw them pregame outside the locker room and then in their seats up above you near the press box.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      A tie against Cornell is bad luck? Honestly, anything other than a loss at Lynah is somewhat impressive. You don't normally do well there unless your name is Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Whew! After the loss at Colgate, I thought it was me !

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          The Brown players truly behaved in an inappropriate fashion. End of discussion.
                          As you wish.

I guess it wasn't that big of a deal and shouldn't have been brought up in the first place. No big deal.

Comment

Whew! After the loss at Colgate, I thought it was me !
                            Thanks WS! After Freakout, I thought it was ME!

Comment

Thanks WS! After Freakout, I thought it was ME!
                              FWIW, my road record with RPI this year was 1-3.

Comment

FWIW, my road record with RPI this year was 1-3.
                                Mine was...... uh....... 1-4-1 for men, 0-1-0 for women.

Comment

Working...
                                X