CCHA Quarterfinals: Miami hosts Ohio St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCHA Quarterfinals: Miami hosts Ohio St

One more day and let the " GAMES " begin. EH.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
      Maybe tOSU just needs to lower its academic standards to compete in this series?

(recent data)
      Undergraduate admissions to Ohio State are classified as “more selective” by US News & World Report and The Princeton Review and according to the data are the most selective for any public university in Ohio. The 2007 freshman class had an acceptance rate of 52%, and the enrolled freshman class had the following composition: students graduating in the top 10% of their high school class (57%); the top 25% of their high school class (91%); the top 50% of their high school class (99%). 27% of the freshman class scored in the top 3% of the SAT or ACT, while 72% scored in the top 15%. The middle 50% range of ACT scores for the enrolled class was 26-30, with an average ACT score of 27. Of the 6,122 members of the 2006 freshman class, 290 had been named valedictorian of their high school's graduating class.[38] Ohio State’s freshman class has admitted over 100 National Merit Scholars for nine of the last ten years.
      your kidding me right....Doesn't even compare, tOSU had to up their standards because they were poor. It was the back up option for a lot of kids who couldn't get into Miami. tOSU lowers its standards it will be on the level with the university of Cincinnati....Not saying tOSU isn't a fine school, it is, but there is a reason Miami was named havard of the west by a number of academics...
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Amen.

Who cares about academics, this forum is about " HOCKEY " come on now. Sports, beer, women, and Saved by the Bell are the only acceptable topics of conversation .
        I personally don't care about academics, ask any of my professors lol. But you got to set the record straight, especially when its Ohio st. Hell even I got accept to Ohio st. and Miami didn't even sniff my transcript lol.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          Amen.

Who cares about academics, this forum is about " HOCKEY " come on now. Sports, beer, women, and Saved by the Bell are the only acceptable topics of conversation .
          speaking of saved by the bell, Jessie Spanno was highly underrated...

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            speaking of saved by the bell, Jessie Spanno was highly underrated...
            No thank you on her in the Saved By The Bell days. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              No thank you on her in the Saved By The Bell days. I'll pass.
              Did you ever see that movie she did right after saved by the bell? just saying....

Comment

Did you ever see that movie she did right after saved by the bell? just saying....
                Very true, but as Jesse "I'm so excited" Spanno, I'll have to pass.

Comment

Does anyone expect the Hawks to be a little flat with a week off? Or as I suspect they on a mission to get back to the FF. My opinion is they have been one of the best teams in college hockey all year long. They are too deep for this years addition of the Buckeyes to handle twice in a weekend. Any tickets left for Sat? The Dr. is thinking of making a house call to Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by HckyDoc View Post
                    Does anyone expect the Hawks to be a little flat with a week off? Or as I suspect they on a mission to get back to the FF. My opinion is they have been one of the best teams in college hockey all year long. They are too deep for this years addition of the Buckeyes to handle twice in a weekend. Any tickets left for Sat? The Dr. is thinking of making a house call to Oxford.
                    They are on a mission, no chance for a let down IMO. They had one coming out of the holiday break and I am sure they have been reminded all week of that. They have had good practices so I would suspect a emotional team tomorrow night. The rivalry itself gets you fired up, let alone the fact they can get that second title that they want.

As for tickets, I don't know for a fact but I would assume there are tickets still available. With it being spring break I don't expect a full house, there wasn't last year so I would recommend calling Miami's ticket office to double check for sure.

Comment

As for tickets, I don't know for a fact but I would assume there are tickets still available. With it being spring break I don't expect a full house, there wasn't last year so I would recommend calling Miami's ticket office to double check for sure.
                      Thanks I am dialing right now.

Comment

That Robert Morris series had trap written all over it, we hadn't played in an entire month, and the Colonials had just played a week earlier. So much rust in that series, along with a lot of pipes. If we buried those instead of hitting the iron it could have went the other way, oh well.

I don't see there being a let down. The first 20 on Friday may have some feeling out, but after that should be good to go. Especially given that its two teams that absolutely hate each other.

Comment

That Robert Morris series had trap written all over it, we hadn't played in an entire month, and the Colonials had just played a week earlier. So much rust in that series, along with a lot of pipes. If we buried those instead of hitting the iron it could have went the other way, oh well.

I don't see there being a let down. The first 20 on Friday may have some feeling out, but after that should be good to go. Especially given that its two teams that absolutely hate each other.
                          To be honest, there is no need to feel each other out. They have played 4 times this year, and atleast 5 in the previous seasons. These two teams know each other so well, they know what to expect. It will be intense from the drop of the puck and I expect high energy throughout. I would also expect to see Shegos in town this weekend which is needed these might get out of control lol.

Comment

To be honest, there is no need to feel each other out. They have played 4 times this year, and atleast 5 in the previous seasons. These two teams know each other so well, they know what to expect. It will be intense from the drop of the puck and I expect high energy throughout. I would also expect to see Shegos in town this weekend which is needed these might get out of control lol.
                            RH10, Thanks for the rep. A few thoughts for you on your team's series this weekend.

Early in the season Denver played OSU in Columbus--one game on campus and one game where the BlueJackets play. The games weren't on TV here in Denver so I could only hear them on radio. It was early in the season and George Gwozdecky had announced he was going to rotate Marc Cheverie and Adam Murray in goal through the first ten games on the schedule.

The first night Chevy posted a 2-0 shutout. The following night Muarry [a freshman] lost 4-0. It wasn't long after this series that Gwoz "came to his senses" and played Chevy on a nightly basis. Apart from an injury he suffered against Mankato in a Saturday night game which sidelined him for two and a half weeks, Chevy has played every game since.

OSU came to Denver last year and was reasonably impressive in gaining a split. Again, I didn't see the series this year, but I think had Chevy played both games the Pioneers would have swept. It's difficult for me to imagine the Buckeyes taking two of three from Miami this weekend....especially with games having gone 6-2; 4-2; and 6-2 in Miami's favor before a 0-0 OSU shootout win late in the season. I don't think they have the scoring to win a high scoring series, nor the defense/goaltending to win a tight, low-scoring series. I like Miami's chances this weekend.

I hope you get to attend the games. I'll be going to the Denver-Tech games. The Huskies played reasonably well here last month even though Denver swept the series.
                            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                              RH10, Thanks for the rep. A few thoughts for you on your team's series this weekend.

Early in the season Denver played OSU in Columbus--one game on campus and one game where the BlueJackets play. The games weren't on TV here in Denver so I could only hear them on radio. It was early in the season and George Gwozdecky had announced he was going to rotate Marc Cheverie and Adam Murray in goal through the first ten games on the schedule.

The first night Chevy posted a 2-0 shutout. The following night Muarry [a freshman] lost 4-0. It wasn't long after this series that Gwoz "came to his senses" and played Chevy on a nightly basis. Apart from an injury he suffered against Mankato in a Saturday night game which sidelined him for two and a half weeks, Chevy has played every game since.

OSU came to Denver last year and was reasonably impressive in gaining a split. Again, I didn't see the series this year, but I think had Chevy played both games the Pioneers would have swept. It's difficult for me to imagine the Buckeyes taking two of three from Miami this weekend....especially with games having gone 6-2; 4-2; and 6-2 in Miami's favor before a 0-0 OSU shootout win late in the season. I don't think they have the scoring to win a high scoring series, nor the defense/goaltending to win a tight, low-scoring series. I like Miami's chances this weekend.

I hope you get to attend the games. I'll be going to the Denver-Tech games. The Huskies played reasonably well here last month even though Denver swept the series.
                              Good luck to your team bud, like I said to ya our two programs look to be on a collision course and hope things work out that way!

I would tend to agree with your assesment, but you never know. Its an intense rivalry and you never know what can happen. OSU has showed signs of life recently putting up 14 goals last weekend. However that wasn't against our type of defense but these two teams know each other so well, you just never know. Like you said, in theory Miami should win but they should of beaten Robert Morris twice and we saw how that worked out lol.

Comment

That Robert Morris series had trap written all over it, we hadn't played in an entire month, and the Colonials had just played a week earlier. So much rust in that series, along with a lot of pipes. If we buried those instead of hitting the iron it could have went the other way, oh well. .
                                I undertand the first game being a trap game. Hard to get to up for a series against Robert Morris after being off so long, but I was shocked that Robert Morris won the second game, too. I know the shots on goal were pretty one-sided, but Miami's a team I expect to be able to get to the net and find a way to score goals even against a hot goaltender.

Comment

Working...
                                X