Adrian vs SNC @ 'The Stone'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian vs SNC @ 'The Stone'

Can someone explain why SNC got the toughest play in game on Wednesday. From first glance Adrien is a higher rated team than St. Thomas.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
      Can someone explain why SNC got the toughest play in game on Wednesday. From first glance Adrien is a higher rated team than St. Thomas.
      1) This might not be true (the rankings are re-done, but not re-released) before the final field is determined.

2) Geographic proximity. St. Norbert and Stevens Point are the only non-MCHA teams within 500 miles of Adrian and not requiring a flight by the NCAA requirements. When the Green Knights wipe the floor with the Bulldogs, the NCAA will only have to fly one team this tournament.

(Two fewer teams than they'll fly for the women's tournament)
      2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
      2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
      2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
      Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
        1) This might not be true (the rankings are re-done, but not re-released) before the final field is determined.

2) Geographic proximity. St. Norbert and Stevens Point are the only non-MCHA teams within 500 miles of Adrian and not requiring a flight by the NCAA requirements. When the Green Knights wipe the floor with the Bulldogs, the NCAA will only have to fly one team this tournament.

(Two fewer teams than they'll fly for the women's tournament)
        Is SNC that strong this year? I haven't seen either team but from looking at the results I would think Adrien would have a good chance at an upset.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

I"ll be curious to see what kind of crowd Adrian brings to the 'STONE' I have seen them play several times in Milw. and Appleton. The crowd seemed to be parents and friends, very few students.( NO EXCUSES, THIS IS THE BIG SHOW)
          Take a deep breath !!!!! SNC 5 Adrain 3

Comment

1) When the Green Knights wipe the floor with the Bulldogs...
            Don't play coy, now. Just come right out and tell us how you really feel.

Comment

I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of...

*SNC lost because they had to play on Wednesday.
              *Adrian wouldn't have won if SNC had played Saturday, as they expected to.

Just a guess, based on what we've seen tonight.
              I would hope you won't see much of this at all. Not from anyone who knows what they are talking about anyway, although I don't think SNC loses so I expect the point to be moot. I expected this matchup and whatever day the game took place they were going to have to win it to get to Lake Placid anyway. Our disgust with the NCAA's disregard for integrity is an issue entirely seperate from the game itself. On the bright side, it could present an additional opportunity to see the team play in person.
              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogProf View Post
                Don't play coy, now. Just come right out and tell us how you really feel.
                Prof, on the same page of this thread I have a post saying how the whining will change when Adrian wins. I'm not making an official prediction at this point, but am being as snide as possible.
                2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by kcbrown58 View Post
                  I"ll be curious to see what kind of crowd Adrian brings to the 'STONE' I have seen them play several times in Milw. and Appleton. The crowd seemed to be parents and friends, very few students.( NO EXCUSES, THIS IS THE BIG SHOW)
                  Take a deep breath !!!!! SNC 5 Adrain 3
                  I suspect that the Adrian support will be small...but vocal. Support from students has grown but not yet to the extent that road trips are planned. Some parents, friends, and loyal fans will make the trip for this long awaited meeting with your NCHA Champion. I'd love to be there to see the campus, rink, and meet the strong contingent of SNC supporters, but the Wednesday date is just impossible for me.

Many followers discount the MCHA, and given Adrian's one loss in three years, the pressure with the AQ on the line became enormous. Lake Forest, Lawrence & Marian great programs , and great coaches , played with with incredible heart and intensity. They will be the foundation of a stonger more compeditive MCHA.

I hope and expect the Bulldogs to give a good accounting of themselves.The pressure of landing the AQ after two years of disappointment is behind them.
                  They are now the underdogs and we'll see how well they handle this new pressure. If they score a couple and find their rhythm early, ...it could be a long KNIGHT.
                  Last edited by NorthernLite; 03-08-2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                    Is SNC that strong this year? I haven't seen either team but from looking at the results I would think Adrien would have a good chance at an upset.
                    Don't just look at the results. Look at the quality of opponents, too.

Opponent win %
                    SNC: 0.5478 (ranked 5th nationally)
                    Adrian: 0.4612 (ranked 19th)

Opponent's opponents:
                    SNC: 0.5408 (ranked 2nd nationally)
                    Adrian: 0.4674 (ranked 18th)

vs. Ranked Teams:
                    SNC: 5- 1- 2 (ranked 1st nationally)
                    Adrian: 0- 2- 0 (ranked 16th)

You're certainly entitled to your own speculations about the game on Wednesday, but please do so looking at more than just overall records.
                    NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion: 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010
                    Last Person Standing Champion: 2014-2015

St. Norbert
                    National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014
                    NCAA Runner-Up: 2004, 2006, 2010, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2003, 2007, 2017
                    NCAA Final Eight: 1997-1999, 2002, 2005, 2013
                    NCHA Peters/Harris Cup: 1998, 1999, 2003-2005, 2007, 2008, 2010-14, 2017, 2018
                    NCHA Champions: 1997-1999, 2002-2008, 2010-12, 2014, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      Lake Forest...great program, and great coach, played with with incredible heart and intensity.
                      fornax officially thanks you.

Or as he might state it...
                      i tolled u hte forrrresters wood supriz but nun of u roobs wood lisen. u got luky to get past the forrrresters. this sumer coach fritz wil ahve them skating hardre then ever and next yeer they wil nock youre overated teem off its hi hors and dominate the MCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                        fornax officially thanks you.

Or as he might state it...
                        i tolled u hte forrrresters wood supriz but nun of u roobs wood lisen. u got luky to get past the forrrresters. this sumer coach fritz wil ahve them skating hardre then ever and next yeer they wil nock youre overated teem off its hi hors and dominate the MCHA!

.....now this is just plain scary !!
                        ......who'd have thunk that you could also be......nah !

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                          .....now this is just plain scary !!
                          ......who'd have thunk that you could also be......nah !
                          Wouldn't that be the ultimate punk if fornax was an alias of mine? Unfortunately I'm way too lazy to set up an alias and way too lazy to set up a website with Forester hockey stuff like he has linked on his footer.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                            Wouldn't that be the ultimate punk if fornax was an alias of mine? Unfortunately I'm way too lazy to set up an alias and way too lazy to set up a website with Forester hockey stuff like he has linked on his footer.
                            ...a clever post none the less !

Comment

Originally posted by SNChockey View Post
                              Don't just look at the results. Look at the quality of opponents, too.

Opponent win %
                              SNC: 0.5478 (ranked 5th nationally)
                              Adrian: 0.4612 (ranked 19th)

Opponent's opponents:
                              SNC: 0.5408 (ranked 2nd nationally)
                              Adrian: 0.4674 (ranked 18th)

vs. Ranked Teams:
                              SNC: 5- 1- 2 (ranked 1st nationally)
                              Adrian: 0- 2- 0 (ranked 16th)

You're certainly entitled to your own speculations about the game on Wednesday, but please do so looking at more than just overall records.
                              Don't forget this happened.

Don't take your opponent too lightly!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I doubt anyone here is taking Adrian at all lightly. Most of us on the SNC side have a pretty good idea what to expect from our team. We're very interested to see how Adrian responds. I will say since they didn't bother showing up for the Saturday night game in Eau Claire almost 2 months ago they've been a different team. The team defense is what I'm excited about. They've given up one goal or less in the last 8 games in a row. I don't know if that streak will hold but it's been looking good.
                                Last edited by MW4Bucky&SNC; 03-08-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X