Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
    I remember back in the day when NMU games were broadcast on TV.
    We're they the opening act for Howdy Doody?

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Or not.
      *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/NMUFinal.gif******
      Now that is cool, would be a helluva battle just like this series should be. Might have to give the edge to the wildcat, gotta think they are quickier than a polar bear.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        Or not.
        *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/NMUFinal.gif******
        The Wildcat stopped the puck. Just sayin

And 5 Min Major and DQ for High Sticking on the Marty McBear Guy
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          You cant compare apples and oranges to prove your point. It doesnt work that way. You said he wasnt one of the top fowards in the CCHA. If thats your view, stand by it. Dont go back and say "10 years down the road he wont have the best career in the NHL."

I can cite many cases where the top foward in the NCAA barely scratches the surface in the NHL. Case in point: Jim Montgomery from UMaine.
          1991, 1992: Hockey East Second All-Star Team
          1993: Hockey East First All-Star Team
          1993: NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team
          1993: NCAA Championship Tournament MVP

103 Career Goals, 198 assists 301 points.

NHL Totals: 122 Games, 9 goals 25 assists 34 points.

The NHL game is very different than the college game. But to sit here and to say, that this kid wont have the best career its foolish. This kid puts in some of the hardest work on the team, and has improved his game, both offensive and defensive, in three years. He consistently plays on a line with the same players for the past two seasons and has devolped incredible chemistry with his linemates. Does he want the puck with the game on the line? Yes. Any competitive player does. Would you as a fan want the puck on the stick of a top 5 point scorer in the NCAA with the game on the line? Hell Yes. And to answer no to that is foolish, and would probably land you a head coaching job at Lake State.

I wasn't going back on my word, and I never said he wasn't one of the top forwards..I said he just wasn't the best.. I was just trying to convey that I'm not here to smear Olver's name... I never said that I wouldn't want Olver with the puck with the game on the line if i was an NMU fan, but my assesment of him as a puck hog certainly wasn't due to him having/wanting to have the puck with game on the line..he's the best player on his team so he should have the puck in that situation...To clarify, I think Olver is a very good player but I don't think he is the best forward in the CCHA right now, nor do I think he will have the best professional career of any forward currently in the CCHA ...I don't see how that latter prediction necessarily makes me anymore foolish than you showing me an example of a player who piled up points by the bunches in the NCAA and did nothing in the NHL and then sentences later bragging about Olver because he has one of the highest point totals in the NCAA....look we're just enthusiastic hockey fans with opinions here and I just don't see Olver's game making it at a very successful level in the pros..I felt the same way about Kevin Porter a couple of years ago when all Michigan fans could talk about was how great he was...

Comment

Originally posted by sweet canadian mullet View Post
            it was curtis fraser who originally got me interested in the nanooks. he was a very entertaining player, a bit of a thorn in nmu's side during his time at uaf, and got my attention because of that.

I met Curtis briefly after the UAF-UAA game in Anchorage two weekends ago. He had been playing in the ECHL for the Anchorage Aces, but has been out most of the season after having shoulder surgery. He was holding his four or five-month old son (I can't remember the kids name, something that started with a C).

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              maybe in your little fantasy world. I have yet to see a NMU fan ever stick up for you, ever.

We don't need your support, you just bring negativity wherever you go. And if you had 4 people so call agree with you, then why are you still red as can be? Want to make up anything else? Those who need to come on here and brag about their salaries, lie. Anything else?
              Talk to Davey D, Mojo and Aparch all of whom are fond of me...so again, kiss my ***.

We? Who is this we that you speak of? Did you go to NMU? I highly doubt it, since you can hardly figure out simple spelling and word usage.

I'm -100 million in the red because in the Rep Thread we were experimenting. I was trying to achieve the record and was able to accomplish it. I could really care less what color my rep is, if anything it makes my posts stand out more than others.

I'm a liar? Let's compare W-2's and then I might hire you as my 2nd assistant *****.

I'm starting to have serious reservations about you and your stalker tendencies.
              Last edited by Billy Blanks; 03-10-2010, 12:57 AM.
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
                We're they the opening act for Howdy Doody?
                We are they? Huh?
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                  Anyone who thinks NMU will sweep this weekend is greatly underestimating the Nanooks. If the Cats show that attitude they will be in for a rude awakening. Alaska is tied for 7th in the pairwise for a reason. Plus they're riding on a ton of confidence right now.

This should be a good series. But if the Cats are to advance to the Joe, it'll take 3 games. There is no way Northern sweeps. No way.

It will also be interesting to see who the officials are. I hope they don't interfere with what should be a fine series played by two fine teams.
                  I agree with this analysis... This will be a hard fought series and BB and anyone else that thinks this will be a cakewalk is way off base here... Blind homerism at it's finest...

I'm not sure what will be more of a factor early on Friday, Alaska's "Bus Legs" or NMU being off for a week... Basically the team that shakes their alement off first gains a huge swing in momentum...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

...Does Alaska have all of their home and away games televised (or at least most)?
                    We have been fairly fortunate over the last couple of years to have many of our away games televised. Not sure if a lack of local underwriting or technical logistical issues are a problem this time. I haven’t watched a B2 stream in awhile, but that seems to be the option.

Comment

• Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

mmf is right most away games we get to watch on tv. For some reason I don't recall seeing tv games when we play nmu or lssu. B2 sucks, but it's better than nothing. Should be a good match up, hope it's clean, fast paced, and injury free.
                      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Talk to Davey D, Mojo and Aparch all of whom are fond of me...
                        C'mon Billy, just 'cause I gave you one green chiclet...I mean...I paid my ex-mother in law a compliment once too...
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Hey I am relaxed, just calling it how it is. And it is pretty easy when it stinks to high heaven like he does lol.

Hope to see the puckheads in Detroit again they are a fun bunch. NMU fans and players deserve better than horrific hipocrital people like him around.
                          OK see you in Detroit!

Comment

maybe in your little fantasy world. I have yet to see a NMU fan ever stick up for you, ever.

We don't need your support, you just bring negativity wherever you go. And if you had 4 people so call agree with you, then why are you still red as can be? Want to make up anything else? Those who need to come on here and brag about their salaries, lie. Anything else?
                            Just ask that tool about his anorexic wife. He gets mad when you call him out on only giving her half of a stick of celery.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The numbers and past results say that this series may be the best matchup in the league this weekend, if not the country. It was a tight battle all season long and should be an entertaining weekend of hockey. Let's hope the place is jam packed with 'Cat Crazies this weekend! Anyone who doesn't show could really miss something special.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Talk to Davey D, Mojo and Aparch all of whom are fond of me...so again, kiss my ***.

We? Who is this we that you speak of? Did you go to NMU? I highly doubt it, since you can hardly figure out simple spelling and word usage.

I'm -100 million in the red because in the Rep Thread we were experimenting. I was trying to achieve the record and was able to accomplish it. I could really care less what color my rep is, if anything it makes my posts stand out more than others.

I'm a liar? Let's compare W-2's and then I might hire you as my 2nd assistant *****.

I'm starting to have serious reservations about you and your stalker tendencies.
                                whhaaaaaaaaaa

All I see is more excuses. No I didn't go to NMU, but glad you were able to put two and two together on that one. I got my degree from Miami which is a top academic institution. Again throwing out crap about money, must have a lot of insecurities about your living. I don't see the need to come on here and brag about my line of work, but good luck with that.

And yes your post's do stand out for stupidity and ignorance.
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X