Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Hey I am relaxed, just calling it how it is. And it is pretty easy when it stinks to high heaven like he does lol.

Hope to see the puckheads in Detroit again they are a fun bunch. NMU fans and players deserve better than horrific hippocrital people like him around.
    Funny that you say that, when I received the same rep from 4 NMU posters as well.

What does hippocrital mean anyways?

I probably make more in one month than you make in an entire year.

And to think I actually was rooting for Miami until you came trolling around.

Next.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
      Dueling huge inflatable mascots at the Berry!

I think the bear might end up flat by the end of the weekend.
      That. Would. Be. AWESOME!
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
        UA fans will be!
        Might need to start your drive tomorrow to make it to Detroit on time. Perhaps it would be faster if you headed in from the west. Stop in to Moscow this weekend and check the score in Marquette.
        Sun come out yet up there?
        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Dueling mascot heads would be awesome!
          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

No broadcast in fairbanks. Sad.
            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
              No broadcast in fairbanks. Sad.
              radio either? if you have a good internet connection try this for the game:

http://wnmu.publicbroadcasting.net/listen.html

Comment

OK, I miss a few days of posting and now I see how this thread has become, this institution vs that, this player/cast of players vs this, and the flame fest it has become. Come on people, this is about Alaska @ NMU for the 2nd Round.

Each team has dangerous Players that can make a team pay. NMU has to come out strong, play their style and control the puck, stay out of the box (STUPID PENALTIES), and simply win. I think Alaska has the capability to keep these games close or win one and hope NMU does not take this team lightly. The memories of UNO coming to Marquette several years back when Sidoruk was in net denied NMU the opportunity to go to the Joe and beyond and my travel plans that year already paid for. NMU needs to get past Alaska before going to the Joe, just my 2 cents.

The sandbox will be where I'll observe this years playoffs, not exactly in the cards for the Joe like each year, oh well... Could use some ice over here too, its getting hot....

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Is there going to be a TV broadcast of these games in michigan?
                  The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                    Is there going to be a TV broadcast of these games in michigan?
                    B2 will have all games for a price.

I don't know about any other broadcasts.
                    Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                      Dueling huge inflatable mascots at the Berry!

I think the bear might end up flat by the end of the weekend.
                      Or not.
                      *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/NMUFinal.gif******

Comment

Anyone who thinks NMU will sweep this weekend is greatly underestimating the Nanooks. If the Cats show that attitude they will be in for a rude awakening. Alaska is tied for 7th in the pairwise for a reason. Plus they're riding on a ton of confidence right now.

This should be a good series. But if the Cats are to advance to the Joe, it'll take 3 games. There is no way Northern sweeps. No way.

It will also be interesting to see who the officials are. I hope they don't interfere with what should be a fine series played by two fine teams.

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
                          Go Cats? What the hell, I thought at one point you cheered for UAF, or at least a player on the UAF squad (I can't remember for sure who, but I'm going to take a blind guess that it was Curtis Fraser).

I actually agree with you, if there is any team other than UAF that I enjoy seeing do well it is Northern Michigan. I'm really not sure why I like them over Lake State, Ferris State or UNO, but I do, it might simply be that they have been more successfuly on a regular basis than those other schools so seem a more likely challenger to the Michigans and Michigan States. There seem to be some similarties in remote northern communities (one a little more so than the other : ) and in their respective rivalries with bottom tier WCHA teams.

I do wonder if UAF beats NMU this weekend and NMU misses the NCAA tournament again what Billy Blanks will have to say about the Cats head coach.

UAF fans seem very Canadian in our lack of ability to trash talk, but it is good for BB to at least try to provide us some fodder to get angry about if we are too pragmatic and apologetic in our attempts to contradict his outlook.
                          you have quite the memory. i was and am a big nanook fan, but i'm also a northern alum. northern will always be my #1 team, with alaska being my #1a. you're right about the player, too. it was curtis fraser who originally got me interested in the nanooks. he was a very entertaining player, a bit of a thorn in nmu's side during his time at uaf, and got my attention because of that.
                          hey ref! woop woop woop!

*warning* i'm a cynical, sarcastic, narcissistic, paranoid, insecure, overly defensive, napoleonic, insultive, emotionally and mentally unstable, brash, insensitive, apathetic, vulgar, egotistical, humourless, arrogant, passive aggressive ex-band nerd...may be hazardous to others.
                          *disclaimer* this is not a band endorsed post and signature.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl
                          You are the BEST NMU FAN EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                            The supporting cast is a two-way argument..you are arguing that it is harder to put up points without as good of a supporting cast, while I am arguing the opposite. I see it as easier to put up points if you are far and away the most talented player on your team because as such, your teammates usually let you call the shots, so you get many more oppurtunities...a la Lebron James, Alex Ovechkin (although with the evolution of Backstrom, and Semin the last year and a half, his example is growing harder to use.).
                            With a supporting cast full of top end talent, even the best player gets fewer oppurtunities because his other teammates are quite capable of picking up a lot of the slack so they don't have to depend on him as much...a la Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. Look, I don't mean to be coming off as derogatory as I suspect that i am...but all I am saying is that I find it incredibly unlikely that if you take the group of forwards that is currently in the CCHA and look into a crystal ball 10 years down the road that Mark Olver will have had the best career, that's all I am saying.

You cant compare apples and oranges to prove your point. It doesnt work that way. You said he wasnt one of the top fowards in the CCHA. If thats your view, stand by it. Dont go back and say "10 years down the road he wont have the best career in the NHL."

I can cite many cases where the top foward in the NCAA barely scratches the surface in the NHL. Case in point: Jim Montgomery from UMaine.
                            1991, 1992: Hockey East Second All-Star Team
                            1993: Hockey East First All-Star Team
                            1993: NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team
                            1993: NCAA Championship Tournament MVP

103 Career Goals, 198 assists 301 points.

NHL Totals: 122 Games, 9 goals 25 assists 34 points.

The NHL game is very different than the college game. But to sit here and to say, that this kid wont have the best career its foolish. This kid puts in some of the hardest work on the team, and has improved his game, both offensive and defensive, in three years. He consistently plays on a line with the same players for the past two seasons and has devolped incredible chemistry with his linemates. Does he want the puck with the game on the line? Yes. Any competitive player does. Would you as a fan want the puck on the stick of a top 5 point scorer in the NCAA with the game on the line? Hell Yes. And to answer no to that is foolish, and would probably land you a head coaching job at Lake State.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I remember back in the day when NMU games were broadcast on TV. Does Alaska have all of their home and away games televised (or at least most)?
                              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                                Funny that you say that, when I received the same rep from 4 NMU posters as well.

What does hippocrital mean anyways?

I probably make more in one month than you make in an entire year.

And to think I actually was rooting for Miami until you came trolling around.

Next.
                                maybe in your little fantasy world. I have yet to see a NMU fan ever stick up for you, ever.

We don't need your support, you just bring negativity wherever you go. And if you had 4 people so call agree with you, then why are you still red as can be? Want to make up anything else? Those who need to come on here and brag about their salaries, lie. Anything else?
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X