Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Your my problem, I have too much respect for the actual NMU hockey fans. Your a fake, bandwagoon jumping goon. Not to mention completely hipocritical. There are a lot of very good NMU hockey fans and I have met quiet a few of them and the program doesn't deserve idiot's like you calling for the coaches head in november and then signing their praises 3 months later when they turn it around like all intelligant people thought they would.

Im here to support those good NMU fans who stuck by their team through thick and thin as well as the solid UA fan base who you are putting down with your lack of any kind of hockey knowledge. Not to mention its just fun and easy to bash you....
    Good God, you are a terrible speller. It must feel good to root for a private school like Miami when you have a GED...

My 8 year old nephew knows more about getting a point across than you do.

I'm more passionate about NMU and NMU sports than 99.9% of current students and alumni. So again, Mr. GED, kiss my ***.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      In their defense Robert Morris has beaten Miami and Bemidji twice this season and Union is a TUC as is tUMD.
      No one asked you Troll. When your input is wanted or warranted, you will ask me for permission and I may or may not grant it. Until then, do not continue posting in NMU threads that don't involve Miami. All you are doing is baiting and it's not appreciated.
      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
        ....That would be something valid to point out if I had boasted at all about Lake State's schedule or goals total or even if I had criticzed NMU's schedule...but I did neither, but since you mention it, it's not as though all of our wins came from cupcakes, but on the contrary, over half of our win total came aginst teams in the top 25 of the Pairwise rankings....

nmu 27, the reason Olver is being discussed is because one of the posters suggested that Olver was the best forward in the CCHA, which is a laughable assertion...by the way I never said that Olver's puck hog reputation took away from his talent..it would be ridiculous to imply that the kid isn't talented because he certainly is...but it would be almost as ridiculous to suggest he is the best forward in the CCHA

So why is it ridiculous? He was a preseason All CCHA selection, he lived up to that expectation. He led the league in scoring. He was the top playmaker in the CCHA, leading the league in assists. He's a definite Hobey Baker finalist. He will be an All American, he stands a good shot to be named first team All CCHA and could be named the league MVP. If he's not the best forward in the CCHA, his name certainly belongs in the discussion. To think otherwise is, quote, ridiculous.
        Last edited by davyd83; 03-09-2010, 09:06 PM.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
          Good God, you are a terrible speller. It must feel good to root for a private school like Miami when you have a GED...

I'm more passionate about NMU and NMU sports than 99.9% of current students and alumni. So again, Mr. GED, kiss my ***.
          Uh..Billy...Miami is a public University. A **** good one at that too.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            [/U][/I][/B]

So why is it ridiculous? He was a preseason All CCHA selection, he lived up to that expectation. He led the league in scoring. He was the top playmaker in the CCHA, leading the league in assists. He's a definite Hobey Baker finalist. He will be an All American, he stands a good shot to be names first team All CCHA and could be named the league MVP. If he's not the best forward in the CCHA, his name certainly belongs in the discussion. To think otherwise is, quote, ridiculous.
            Also keep in mind that the preseason 1st team All CCHA selection was based solely on the voting of the 12 CCHA head coaches. So prior to the start of this season, the 12 CCHA head coaches selected Olver as one of the top 3 forwards returning to the CCHA and then he proceeds to lead the league in scoring. Without the supporting cast of a Camper, Miele, Palmer, Wingels, Hagelin and Rust. Anchorsaway suggesting that the 12 CCHA head coaches can not evaluate talent correctly, is quote, ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
              Uh..Billy...Miami is a public University. A **** good one at that too.
              Well you just proved my point, I thought it was private. I knew it was an elite school academically, hence why it's obvious this ****** didn't attend the institution.
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey4Life View Post
                Also keep in mind that the preseason 1st team All CCHA selection was based solely on the voting of the 12 CCHA head coaches. So prior to the start of this season, the 12 CCHA head coaches selected Olver as one of the top 3 forwards returning to the CCHA and then he proceeds to lead the league in scoring. Without the supporting cast of a Camper, Miele, Palmer, Wingels, Hagelin and Rust. Anchorsaway suggesting that the 12 CCHA head coaches can not evaluate talent correctly, is quote, ridiculous.
                The supporting cast is a two-way argument..you are arguing that it is harder to put up points without as good of a supporting cast, while I am arguing the opposite. I see it as easier to put up points if you are far and away the most talented player on your team because as such, your teammates usually let you call the shots, so you get many more oppurtunities...a la Lebron James, Alex Ovechkin (although with the evolution of Backstrom, and Semin the last year and a half, his example is growing harder to use.).
                With a supporting cast full of top end talent, even the best player gets fewer oppurtunities because his other teammates are quite capable of picking up a lot of the slack so they don't have to depend on him as much...a la Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. Look, I don't mean to be coming off as derogatory as I suspect that i am...but all I am saying is that I find it incredibly unlikely that if you take the group of forwards that is currently in the CCHA and look into a crystal ball 10 years down the road that Mark Olver will have had the best career, that's all I am saying.

Comment

Billy and redhawkman, let's ease up a bit, and relax ok? Everyone will be ok after a brew at the Joe a week from Friday!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post

Look again, Miami isn't a private school. And the numerous positive reps from NMU fans I have received for calling you out proves to the fact I am more wanted here than you. I don't and won't ask for your approval on anything. If I need my toilet scrubbed then I may come to you if the other good plumbers aren't free.
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
                      Billy and redhawkman, let's ease up a bit, and relax ok? Everyone will be ok after a brew at the Joe a week from Friday!!!!
                      Hey I am relaxed, just calling it how it is. And it is pretty easy when it stinks to high heaven like he does lol.

Hope to see the puckheads in Detroit again they are a fun bunch. NMU fans and players deserve better than horrific hipocrital people like him around.
                      Last edited by redhawkman10; 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
                        Everyone will be ok after a brew at the Joe a week from Friday!!!!
                        UA fans will be!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          Sure, we occasionally have our buttons pushed, but you don’t know what it’s like it to have some obnoxious, in-state, rival fan base, whose team generally sucks, espousing the superiority of their conference, always yapping away.
                          Haha... nice.

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                          NMU fans just need to think back to when UAF upset us in the opening game in Detroit. That was just a weird game and a horrible loss. Granted it was great for their program, but it just ruined my whole trip.

NMU does have one more advantage, Alaska can't get fired up by that terrorist polar bear in their opening video if they are on the road.

Plus I'll be going to see my only games in Marquette of the season this weekend, so that can't hurt.
                          I remember that. We were on the bus longer than we were in Detroit.
                          And they should bring the polar bear with them. I want to see that madness.

Anyone else think it's funny that the NMU/Alaska thread is more of a flamewar than Michigan/MSU?
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                            And they should bring the polar bear with them. I want to see that madness.
                            Need the giant bear that the team skates under onto ice that goes w/ the video too though.

Comment

Maybe you could put some skates on the giant bear and call him your defense... you might have a better chance of winning the series that way
                              sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                              streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                              TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
                                Need the giant bear that the team skates under onto ice that goes w/ the video too though.
                                Dueling huge inflatable mascots at the Berry!

I think the bear might end up flat by the end of the weekend.
                                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X