Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    The Cats just need to worry about Alaska tonight, and that's it...
    GO CATS! GO CATS! GO CATS GO!
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      The Cats just need to worry about Alaska tonight, and that's it... No NCAA talk, no Mason Cup talk, no Frozen Four talk... Just worry about UA_...
      From today's Fairbanks Daily Newsminer.

Petovello said the Nanooks aren’t looking back or looking ahead — just at this weekend. “The key for us is focusing on the process — shift by shift, period by period. Do the small things right,” he said.

I detect a subtle theme here.
      Leave it all on the ice. You're in their barn. Play hard. Play tough. Stay focused. No excuses.

Go Nooks!

Comment

The Nooks have been focused well from the start. Had a long talk with Kevin P last weekend at the Dipper. Great young man always helps with the kids when asked same goes for D.K, B.K, and Klaus.

Stay the course is the motto. Starts with Ferg and the coaching staff through the leadership of the team.

I wish both teams a great set of games of course being bias towards the NOOKS I wish for them to come out on top.

Like they say "There is no Nookie Like NaNookie"
        "Coach" Coach" I need a shift off I got no legs! No kidding your official hockey name just changed from Drill Killer to Minus 6.

Comment

The first ten minutes will be very interesting to me. Will the bye cause rust for NMU?
          I don't think the travel will be a factor due to Alaska coming so early.
          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Agreed. The Nooks are used to the routine and arrived even a little earlier than normal. No excuses. I believe the Nooks are healthy so hopefully the Western series didn’t hinder the team, but rather kept them focused and in game shape.

The Nooks will need to quickly shake off any playoff jitters and weather the first ten minutes on enemy ice without mental mistakes. Then they just need to settle in and play their game. Keep the emotion/intensity workman like, neither too high nor too low.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Let's Go CATS!!!!

Tonight is a HUGE night for the team and our school. Gotta get a win and get ahead in the best of three!

GO CATS!!!!!
              Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
              M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

I checked the NMU ticket site to see if sales had picked up at all and you can no longer buy tickets for this weekend online. Does this happen every hockey weekend?
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                  I checked the NMU ticket site to see if sales had picked up at all and you can no longer buy tickets for this weekend online. Does this happen every hockey weekend?
                  I just checked as well, very strange. Does that mean it's sold out? Hmmm, wouldn't that be a strange turn of events.
                  TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                    I believe it does. You have to buy them in person now. Last night it looked like there were a lot of seats still available. Hopefully there is a big last minute push.

I agree the first ten minutes will be important for the Cats. If Stewart and the rest of the team give up 2 or more goals in the first period, UA wins. I expect the Nanooks will have the early jump on things and Northern will have to weather the storm and get their feet under them.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

It's not sold out--I just bought tickets on campus. Hm.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        It's not sold out--I just bought tickets on campus. Hm.
                        Any indication as to how many seats were left?

I'm really shocked that this game wasn't sold out yesterday.
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

I just called the ticket office and there is a lot of tickets left. Kind of sad.
                          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

The Puckheads went around campus today and sold 109 tickets (70 for tonight and 39 for tomorrow).
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                              Any indication as to how many seats were left?

I'm really shocked that this game wasn't sold out yesterday.
                              It looked pretty open, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the students bought theirs at the door. That seems to be the usual trend. As for the community at large, I don't know. The usual contingent that would have followed MSHS down to the state tourny is around because they were eliminated in district play. By my high school, but that's neither here nor there...
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

*****http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif****** Awesome to hear the Puckheads got involved selling tickets, and it was nice to see some of the guys use their Facebook to push ticket sales.

The place needs to be packed. It's the last home weekend this year.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X