X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Hate to say I told you so...but I told you so
    Thanks buddy, but I've got no problems eating some crow on this one.

I consider it a badge of honor that so many fans from other teams feel it necessary to single me out.

I'm looking forward to an NMU sweep this weekend!

Go Cats!
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey4Life View Post
      I think Reid has the potential to be a really good CCHA goaltender next season when Stewart leaves. Walt obviously has more confidence in Stewart but Reid has very similar numbers 2.32 GAA and a .926 save %. I also think that Reid is technically a much stronger goalitender than Stewart.
      I agree, I'm good friends with a future 'Cat in Reed Seckel and last year Seckel and Ellingson were teammates for Green Bay in the USHL and I made the trip to catch a couple games and I came away very impressed with Ellingson, he looks to be a very serviceable CCHA netminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
        No one asked you Troll. When your input is wanted or warranted, you will ask me for permission and I may or may not grant it. Until then, do not continue posting in NMU threads that don't involve Miami. All you are doing is baiting and it's not appreciated.
        Have we somehow crossed over into some bizarre alternate universe in which you are the omnipotent overseer?

Back to the subject at hand...as a college hockey fan (not affiliated with NMU, UA [U]or[U] Miami)...I will say this: If I could choose any series in the country to attend this weekend, I'd be headed to Marquette. This has all the makings of an epic series between two evenly matched teams that are both playing their best hockey of the season.
        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Let's Go 'Cats!

One game at a time from here on out. No looking over opponents. Winning is still the best route to both a big hunk of granite in March and a chunk of wood with some glass in it come April.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

To The Top!
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
              The Brotherhood of the Red and White needs no individual honors, for they are the Brotherhood.

(Did I mention they are the Brotherhood, 14awl and awl41).
              lol touche...
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I may be biased, but Knelsen should have been a first team selection, and Fergie should have been a COY nominee! Anyway I wish this was on TV, kind of chaps me a little. As everyone said, this should be a great match up. I wish I was going to be there, I bet the atmosphere is going to be awesome! I hope we can break our "curse" in Marquette! I'm hoping for a great weekend of fast paced, injury free hockey. Go Nooks!
                All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                  I may be biased, but Knelsen should have been a first team selection, and Fergie should have been a COY nominee! Anyway I wish this was on TV, kind of chaps me a little. As everyone said, this should be a great match up. I wish I was going to be there, I bet the atmosphere is going to be awesome! I hope we can break our "curse" in Marquette! I'm hoping for a great weekend of fast paced, injury free hockey. Go Nooks!
                  Knelsen is a nice player, but he isn't on the same level yet. And I agree Fergie should of been a nominee, but is there any doubt on who is going to get the award? Not trying to be biased either but when you only lose twice in conference play I think its safe to say you are a lock for coach of the year.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Rico should win it, he is a fantastic coach. I just think Fergie should have been nominated. Dion is a great player. Most people look at him as a senior, and forget he just turned 21. He is younger than some of the guys on the all rookie team. Actually he is the youngest or second youngest senior in the country. If Dion played for one of the "upper" teams like Umich, or Miami we wouldn't even be engaged in this conversation. Alaska "stole" him four years ago. He was committed to mjrs, and colleges backed off (except UA). As a UA fan, I'm glad he decided to become a Nanook! It will be interesting to see what he does after college.
                    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

..........also whenever the Nooks play Miami I cheer when we score, but when Miami plays someone else, I cheer when Cody makes a save. I really enjoyed watching him play for the Fairbanks Ice dogs. He is a great guy, and a great player. He will always have a ton of fans here in Fairbanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                        Rico should win it, he is a fantastic coach. I just think Fergie should have been nominated. Dion is a great player. Most people look at him as a senior, and forget he just turned 21. He is younger than some of the guys on the all rookie team. Actually he is the youngest or second youngest senior in the country. If Dion played for one of the "upper" teams like Umich, or Miami we wouldn't even be engaged in this conversation. Alaska "stole" him four years ago. He was committed to mjrs, and colleges backed off (except UA). As a UA fan, I'm glad he decided to become a Nanook! It will be interesting to see what he does after college.
                        Agree 100% Fergie should of been a canidate. I don't think Alaska gets pushed aside at all. Knelsen is a solid player but he isn't on the same level as the 6 guys voted in front of him. Also Taranto will be freshman of the year in the conference. That kid had a phenomial year, so you will get yours and you aren't forgotten in the great white north!

Comment

Has anyone in Marquette heard how ticket sales are going? I'd love to see a couple of sellouts.

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
                            Has anyone in Marquette heard how ticket sales are going? I'd love to see a couple of sellouts.
                            Looking at the NMU ticket site, there are some empty sections yet. Walk up sales are going to need to be big.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Article today from the Mining Journal: http://miningjournal.net/page/conten...id/541554.html

A slightly older article from the Daily News-Miner: http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_s...ile-territory?
                              Last edited by nmu_27; 03-11-2010, 04:55 PM.
                              Embrace the hate.

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY

Just wanted to let everyone know

There really isn't much else to be said... The Cats just need to worry about Alaska tonight, and that's it... No NCAA talk, no Mason Cup talk, no Frozen Four talk... Just worry about UA_... If you take care of them, the rest will come... This group of kids is well seasoned... It's time for them to step up to the plate and follow through on some heavy expectations...

I'll be sporting the Cat jersey all day at work today... Make me proud boys!

GO CATS! GO CATS! GO CATS GO!
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X