Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

Originally posted by guggir View Post
    The attendance was 2992?? I know there is spring break and students have to pay, but tickets are only $12. The NHC under half full for a playoff game?
    Wow, if I'd have known this, I might have made the drive up to St. Cloud for the game. I though sure there'd be no seats available.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      Wow, if I'd have known this, I might have made the drive up to St. Cloud for the game. I though sure there'd be no seats available.
      We fill the NHC... except, you know, when it costs us money.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The Curse Continues? Any time I have ever been to NHC it has always been packed, what gives SCSU fans?

Comment

The attendance was 2992?? I know there is spring break and students have to pay, but tickets are only $12. The NHC under half full for a playoff game?
          I had to work last night. Sounds like I didn't miss much, though.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I know, it is embarassing. I imagine attendance will be up tonight, and if it goes to tomorrow, the place will be packed, with all the returning students.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
              The Curse Continues? Any time I have ever been to NHC it has always been packed, what gives SCSU fans?
              I'm sure there's several layers to it but the 2 main reasons IMO: 1) Students out on break 2) fans are being much more selective with their discretionary incomine given the economy.

With respect to #2 - I overhead someone leaving the NHC last weekend say "Well, that wasn't worth $15". I think that sums it up nicely.
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                God I hope Marvin can make that much of a difference for the Huskies, because they have not been good without him.
                I've been down on Marvy for the head hits, but I know he's a helluva player. Do you think he would have been a factor late in the 3rd yesterday? Especially on the SHG?

Comment

....whats that sound....it's Huskies Choking. AGAIN

Comment

I have to agree with madtown. Choke job all the way. Well if it happens again tonight, it will surely be a stress free final five yet again
                    I'm a Minnesota sports fan. I have learned to live with disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      I'm ****ing sick of this, I really am.

First off, didn't see the game, just was getting text updates, but Jesus Christ! We blow leads of 3-0 and 4-2? In the last few minutes? We're good enough to be a 3 seed, but we can't finish off Mankato?

And I honestly mean no disrespect to Mankato, I realize with a few bounces going your way this year, you could've been a 6 or 5 seed. You were my darkhorse pick to make home ice.

I'm just sick of our team having so much talent and no heart, looking great in Jan/Feb, and looking atrocious this time of the year. I thought last weekend was supposed to be our wake-up call. And then, I figured geez, they better come out fired up in OT, and they lose in 20 seconds?

So I guess unlike years past where the highlight of our year was beating the Gophers, the highlight of our year will be winning 5-1 at the Kohl Center. Hooray! We were a 1 seed at that time. We're now 7th, and watch how far we fall when UND knocks MN out of being a TUC tomorrow night.

Here's where we rout them tomorrow night, then lose a nail-biter Sunday.

Good job Mankato! Bring another good effort tomorrow, I'm almost rooting for you guys.
                      Things could be worse...we could be Gopher fans.
                      Bob is making me concerned
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
                        I've been down on Marvy for the head hits, but I know he's a helluva player. Do you think he would have been a factor late in the 3rd yesterday? Especially on the SHG?
                        On that goal, two guys collided at the blueline, if he's out there, maybe he's part of the collision.
                        Who knows.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          very true. getting throttled by your arch rival in the playoffs is never fun to watch.
                          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                          www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Outside of a bulldog win, the only thing that makes me smile more is SCSU holding true to form in classic late season choke mode. Now if only you could get back to being a number 1 seed and then lose in the 1st round. Come on SCSU, you can do it!
                            http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              If someone is going to be a ********* in here to a USCHO writer for no reason, then yes, I'll be that guy.
                              I always.....I always....I always loved that one. I thought I had rights on being the d bag. **** it scooby, what happened here?
                              http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                                you sound like gopher fans....

Comment

Working...
                                X