Oswego Dominates Plattsburgh with 6-3 win for SUNYAC Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego Dominates Plattsburgh with 6-3 win for SUNYAC Championship

Tonight was definitely a rough night as a die hard Plattsburgh fan, let me tell you. To their credit, Oswego played a great game and definitely deserved the victory tonight. My only wish was that we would have seen top quality hockey from both squads. I was surprised to see Williams get the nod as starting goaltender, but this definitely was a team loss. I was disappointed all the way around; kind of a buzz kill on an otherwise solid season.

I never thought I would see the Cardinals fall behind 6-1; that was almost painful. It was also painful to see Oswego fire six shots toward the net in the second period; and convert three of those into goals. Can someone tell me where our defense and goaltending was? Guess it'll be a long bus ride home tonight...

http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...c-champio.html

Re: Oswego Dominates Plattsburgh with 6-3 win for SUNYAC Championship

I love it how whenever Plattsburgh loses its the goaltender's fault in your eyes.

I saw both of Oswego's first two goals and they were both great shots and great setups and if anything...Plattsburgh's defense let them down.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Hm? Our goaltending surely didn't help us any, but in both the recap and the post above this was definitely a team loss for sure. I don't know what was going on defensively, but it felt like Oswego had our number throughout the night.

Comment

I like Russells banner better:

Huinink MVP as Oswego Crushes Plattsburgh to Claim SUNYAC Title

Comment

Coach Emery: "..dumbest game we've played all season"

Newspaper recap of game: http://www.pressrepublican.com/0300_...066003045.html

[Sorry for the repost. Just noticed this link was in another thread....]
          Last edited by aerogroup2; 03-07-2010, 07:59 AM. Reason: repost
          Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak
          Cardinal Men- 3-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
            Hm? Our goaltending surely didn't help us any, but in both the recap and the post above this was definitely a team loss for sure. I don't know what was going on defensively, but it felt like Oswego had our number throughout the night.
            our D gave up way way way to many grade A scoring chances and left Williams out to dry on at least 2 goals. the third goal was a great screen in front and I don't think that Williams ever saw.
            Jim Reisdorf
            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              I like Russells banner better:

Huinink MVP as Oswego Crushes Plattsburgh to Claim SUNYAC Title
              I (and any of the recappers) actually don't write the headlines. The editors do.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I am disappointed in our Plattsburgh Fans!!! I have never been to a Plattsburgh vs Oswego game and sat with a bunch of quiet people that would rather sit through a game. What happened to the days in the "barn", when we would be on our feet chanting and encouraging our boys. It is like I told my daughter when we left. If you don't encourage a child, they won't perform, but encouragement goes a long way. Our boys on the ice couldn't hear us last night and it wasn't because of the Oswego fans! We were right behind the bench. We had a section full of Plattsburgh fans and the fans did nothing....oh wait... they did stand up and cheer on the first goal!! Maybe Oswego and Plattsbugh should get rid of those nice seats that they put in and go back to the wooden benches. That will make everyone stand up!!!!

Comment

This was a great team beating up on a good team.simple as that.live with it Bird fans.

Comment

Originally posted by kbail33 View Post
                    Maybe Oswego and Plattsbugh should get rid of those nice seats that they put in and go back to the wooden benches. That will make everyone stand up!!!!
                    Us other 2900 fans were in the same comfy seats- you didn't' see us sitting on ourhands...
                    Oswego State 1980 Grad
                    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by kbail33 View Post
                      I am disappointed in our Plattsburgh Fans!!! I have never been to a Plattsburgh vs Oswego game and sat with a bunch of quiet people that would rather sit through a game. What happened to the days in the "barn", when we would be on our feet chanting and encouraging our boys. It is like I told my daughter when we left. If you don't encourage a child, they won't perform, but encouragement goes a long way. Our boys on the ice couldn't hear us last night and it wasn't because of the Oswego fans! We were right behind the bench. We had a section full of Plattsburgh fans and the fans did nothing....oh wait... they did stand up and cheer on the first goal!! Maybe Oswego and Plattsbugh should get rid of those nice seats that they put in and go back to the wooden benches. That will make everyone stand up!!!!
                      Where as I do miss the wooden benches of Romney (and the Stafford...only been there once) I do not feel as though that was or is the problem of the fans "making noise." Both Plattsburgh and Oswego have loud fans, and they seem louder whenever they play at home (obviously). I give a lot of credit to the Plattsburgh faithful for making the trip down but they did seem to be very quiet last night...they had more vocals during the regular season game. It was a close game through the middle of the 2nd period so I agree, why not cheer your boys on just a bit more on the road in a championship game?

Comment

well I know we were missing a few of our other "loudmouths" but honestly, we really didn't have a whole lot to cheer about. I can't really say that I disagreed with many of the officials calls (which is one thing I'm usually yelling about), but there just wasn't a whole lot to cheer about as a Plattsburgh fan.
                        Jim Reisdorf
                        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Plattsburgh does a nice job of working the puck. The D was very aggressive in the offensive zone last night. That led to the majority of the scoring chances at the other end. The shot totals are impressive, but you have to wonder how it would have turned out if the D stayed at home in the offensive zone. Maybe less shots, but less goals given up. And who knows what chances would have come up if the Cards stayed spread out. Changes the game. Oswego just buried the chances they were given, like most good teams will do. The only "bad" goal Williams let up was the 5th goal that Farris put in. I think his head was still down from the 4th goal. Have to have a short memory in this league.

Comment

Good recap mtuck....pretty much what I've heard.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The better team won, it's as simple as that. Hey Taco they didn't score any goals, how is that the D's or the goaltenders fault. It was like a middle weight against a heavyweight, Oswego has the knockout punch, Plattsburgh peppers little shots. Maybe if Oswego had "fans" like Platty, they would all have jumped all over Gunn Taylor and the Oswego D after the Morrisville game. Plattsburgh has about 9 "fans" who make any noise and half of them can't wait to dump all over them when they make a mistake. Maybe you're spoiled because they have a pretty good team every year. So spoiled that there is no passion any more. Just a bunch of armchair critics who sit back and critique every mistake they make. One guy even writes a blog trashing every one one week and kissing all their *****es the next. Get a grip or more guys will opt to go to Oswego and play in a lively house that supports them.

Comment

Working...
                              X