Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORE! WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver

Uh...hi.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: FORE! WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver

Tech Sweeps!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm already planning my spring/summer activities. Time to ease up on the drinking and lose a few pounds.

Oh wait, there's hockey still?

But no Jordan Baker?

Sh*t, just triple-shift Gwilliam, Seigo and three random guys the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I'm already planning my spring/summer activities. Time to ease up on the drinking and lose a few pounds.

Oh wait, there's hockey still?

But no Jordan Baker or Olson?
        Fixed.

I would have preferred...

WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver: Denver's Booty Call To Score Easy

WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver: This Again? Sloopy Series Seconds

Comment

Anyone going to Denver?? lol

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Uh...hi.
          Well hi to you too Twitch.
          Application for Admission to the WCHA:
          http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
          Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
          Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
          Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
          All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

These first round WCHA series are rarely a cakewalk for the Pioneers for a number of reasons:

1) Timing: DU has just come off an emotional split with CC. They are likely a little bit spent, and you also wonder about DU looking too far ahead beyond the first round.

2) Lack of Crowd: The DU students will be on spring break, and a good chunk of regular DU fans tend to not show up for the first round WCHA opponent. Expect crowds of about 4,000 - 4,500 instead of the usual 5,500- 6,100. This first round series is always the lowest attended series of the year in Denver.

3) Opponent: Tech may not have the talent level of the Pioneers, but they work hard and can really make DU's experience difficult. I think Tech would be a mid-pack team in a lot of other leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              These first round WCHA series are rarely a cakewalk for the Pioneers for a number of reasons:

1) Timing: DU has just come off an emotional split with CC. They are likely a little bit spent, and you also wonder about DU looking too far ahead beyond the first round.

2) Lack of Crowd: The DU students will be on spring break, and a good chunk of regular DU fans tend to not show up for the first round WCHA opponent. Expect crowds of about 4,000 - 4,500 instead of the usual 5,500- 6,100. This first round series is always the lowest attended series of the year in Denver.

3) Opponent: Tech may not have the talent level of the Pioneers, but they work hard and can really make DU's experience difficult. I think Tech would be a mid-pack team in a lot of other leagues.
              I think Friday will be a bit of a lopsided game....Saturday Tech will come out fighting....but Denver wins a tight one.
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

du 12 vs 1 mtu friday

tech comes out fighting sat. but goes
                du 9 mtu 2

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  du 12 vs 1 mtu friday

du 9 mtu 2
                  Phew! The Siouxage is a bit stinky in this thread.

Don't you have a sweep to be happy about? I didn't realize you North Dakota fans were so obsessed with bottomfeeders.

Comment

I like the thread title. I'm looking forward to golf season. Its getting warmer and the snow is melting, hopefully I'll be able to get out by the first week of April.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      du 12 vs 1 mtu friday

du 9 mtu 2
                      If it was at World Arena maybe!!!
                      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

I'd expect two close games.

DU hardly ever blows anyone out, although maybe last Saturday night was so much fun they want to give the Magness fans an encore.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I like the thread title. I'm looking forward to golf season. Its getting warmer and the snow is melting, hopefully I'll be able to get out by the first week of April.
                          Don't tell the DU faithful, but from what I hear Tech has just been sandbagging the entire season, saving their energy and giving the rest of the WCHA a false sense of security.

They plan to unleash their evil master plan tear through the WCHA playoffs and into the Frozen Four.

Or maybe I just dreamed that.
                          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                            Don't tell the DU faithful, but from what I hear Tech has just been sandbagging the entire season, saving their energy and giving the rest of the WCHA a false sense of security.

They plan to unleash their evil master plan tear through the WCHA playoffs and into the Frozen Four.

Or maybe I just dreamed that.
                            I think I'll keep planning on the golf thing.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post

You need to final an English bookie. 5 bucks could net you ten million.

Comment

Working...
                              X